ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Just because people aren't fighting doesn't mean they're boring? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281336)

Billy 19-06-2015 10:04 AM

Just because people aren't fighting doesn't mean they're boring?

Even Emma this year has been saying that the house is too happy and boring and I don't get it. I understand there has to be an amount of friction etc and arguments are exciting, but the past few series has been constant. Gone are the days where Samanda would joke around for the sake of it or Sophie/Rodrigo would faff around. There is literally no fun in the show anymore, everything is nomination tasks or fighting for the sake of fighting.

The likes of Chloe, Danny, Jade, Nick etc belong in Classic Big Brother I think :(

Pete. 19-06-2015 10:07 AM

It was turning into classic Big Brother until 4 in 4 out happened

Mick 19-06-2015 10:09 AM

I tend to agree with the OP.Natural disagreements which escalate do make for interesting viewing but this show its been stage managed to the extent that nothing seems real.

Cherie 19-06-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 7901280)
I tend to agree with the OP.Natural disagreements which escalate do make for interesting viewing but this show its been stage managed to the extent that nothing seems real.

The scripting, stage managing and careful editing has made it almost impossible, whipping twitter into a frenzy about who to evict is making them a fortune and I think that is more important now than actually delivering a programme for the fans. They have to pay for CBB some way I suppose

sosadbbend 19-06-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petemitch (Post 7901269)
It was turning into classic Big Brother until 4 in 4 out happened

Exactly I agree, I was just getting into what could have been a classic BB, as near to back to basics as you can really. The BB producers need to do some research into their audiences.

LeatherTrumpet 19-06-2015 12:42 PM

It was classic BB meets C5 BB when the timewarp kicked in

abhorson 19-06-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy (Post 7901258)
Even Emma this year has been saying that the house is too happy and boring and I don't get it. I understand there has to be an amount of friction etc and arguments are exciting, but the past few series has been constant. Gone are the days where Samanda would joke around for the sake of it or Sophie/Rodrigo would faff around. There is literally no fun in the show anymore, everything is nomination tasks or fighting for the sake of fighting.

The likes of Chloe, Danny, Jade, Nick etc belong in Classic Big Brother I think :(

I agree. But a lot of the ever dwindling audience have voted for Helen and a bed wetter to win recently. Many now see that as entertainment, mainly due to reality tv going more extreme.

It could get worse before it gets better. Or, it could just get worse.

armand.kay 19-06-2015 12:55 PM

They're just boring people tbh and the producers constant twists and and manipulation techniques are also getting boring. Idk what it is about the housemates that makes them so uninteresting it's not the lack of arguments coz bb11 had hardly any drama but I still enjoyed it and wanted to watch everyday.

Braden 19-06-2015 01:00 PM

I agree completely, there's a stigma around BB now that if a day goes by without a fight it's suddenly boring. It's pathetic.

Although I wouldn't agree that someone like Nick belongs on classic BB. He's a glaring casting mistake.

bitontheslide 19-06-2015 01:03 PM

the cast are all as thick as ****. There is no depth to any of them. Thats why they need to resort to showmances and arguments, twists that will rock the house forever etc

sungrass 19-06-2015 01:04 PM

agree with all of you before the twists it was looking a really good series. it was the natural drama that was fun.

cfromhx02 19-06-2015 01:18 PM

Some people are boring,but,I agree,not fighting doesn't automatically mean you are boring.

In fact,the opposite is often true on BB,especially with Marc and Helen,it is them that are "The Weirdos" as Helen called Brian when he tried to make up with her.& Them who are boring,

because,just enjoying hurting others with the vilest things to say to them,even when they are clearly already upset,sticking the boot in FURTHER metaphorically when you already have them on the floor emotionally is boring,because it's all s c u m like them do,and is very repetitive.

It is them who are the "Sickoes",so worse than "Weirdo's" in my opinion,

because it's BS that they are just putting people up as Helen uses as an excuse,the truth is they are both genuinely nasty people,

who are "Sick In The Head,because they enjoy continuing to stick the boot in when it's clear they have already upset people and they are on the floor emotionally.

I think Marc and Helen's continual bile,actually enjoying hurting people,to be as I said,"Sick In The Head",and true "Weirdo" behaviour,

because to enjoy hurting people you must have,usually,had your brain wrecked when you were younger,as both Marc and Helen ,have I think.

So we know that Helen maybe closed off her feelings and became heartless to other's suffering,maybe,when she was a Prostitute ?

But what made Marc into the "Weirdo" sick in the head person,he is ?

Is it something else,like him having a sm*ll d i c k cos he let slip he's not had much sex to Eileen

or is it because he has a family that are s c u m, too ?

abhorson 19-06-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfromhx02 (Post 7901681)
Some people are boring,but,I agree,not fighting doesn't automatically mean you are boring.

In fact,the opposite is often true on BB,especially with Marc and Helen,it is them that are "The Weirdos" as Helen called Brian when he tried to make up with her.& Them who are boring,

because,just enjoying hurting others with the vilest things to say to them,even when they are clearly already upset,sticking the boot in FURTHER metaphorically when you already have them on the floor emotionally is boring,because it's all s c u m like them do,and is very repetitive.

because it's BS that they are just putting people up as Helen uses as an excuse,the truth is they are both genuinely nasty people,

who are "Sick In The Head,because they enjoy continuing to stick the boot in when it's clear they have already upset people and they are on the floor emotionally.

I think Marc and Helen's continual bile,actually enjoying hurting people,to be as I said,"Sick In The Head",and true "Weirdo" behaviour,

because to enjoy hurting people you must have,usually,had your brain wrecked when you were younger,as both Marc and Helen ,have I think.

So we know that Helen maybe closed off her feelings and became heartless to other's suffering,maybe,when she was a Prostitute ?

Is it something else,like him having a sm*ll d i c k cos he let slip he's not had much sex to Eileen

:cheer2::cheer2:

GLENN BILL BB7 19-06-2015 01:24 PM

Why is everyone turning against Cristian? I know he is 'Boring' but just cause he's sticking up for himself!?

Jason. 19-06-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLENN BILL BB7 (Post 7901694)
Why is everyone turning against Cristian? I know he is 'Boring' but just cause he's sticking up for himself!?

I liked boring Cristian.
He's annoying when pipes up.

Looks like a desperate fool, IMO.

crocs 21-06-2015 05:58 AM

I agree with the OP. I would have loved this to be like it used to be and it surely looked like it was going to be like that. As to someone saying the contestants have no depth to them is not true. We cannot see the depth because of all these fights. It would have been so great to get to know them more in a relaxed environment. Who knows what we would have seen? All we see now is boring stuff. I want them to get rid off the legends. As much as I liked Brian and Nicki in their year, they shouldn't be there anymore. And don't even get me started on Helen who I despise.

sosadbbend 21-06-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB6 (Post 7901696)
I liked boring Cristian.
He's annoying when pipes up.

Looks like a desperate fool, IMO.

Unfortunately he has been sucked into the 'I have to give a performance' attitude. M & H have worn him down with their'boring remarks'.

Mystic Mock 21-06-2015 08:58 AM

Danny, Jade and Nick aren't classic Big Brother imo.

Aaron, Adjoa, Kieran, Harriet, Sarah, and Cristian are the only ones that even remotely seemed like they could be on Ch4's BB's, it's not to say that I necessarily liked all of them contestants above though.

Rorkimaru 21-06-2015 11:53 AM

You can be nice and entertaining but the housemates just weren't that entertaining. A lot of that is because BB was trying to stir up drama rather than giving them challenges to overcome. I was enjoying it before 4in4out but it is more entertaining now. If the show runners had put in better tasks instead of manufactured drama a mix up wouldn't have been necessary. They had a lot of potential at the start of this season but they squandered it to shape the show into a different tone.

Kizzy 21-06-2015 11:58 AM

I prefer it when people pipe up when they have to and not all the time.

Angelika 21-06-2015 12:09 PM

Aggression and fighting is not entertainment but I guess the public are so used to agressive soaps as daily entertainment that they believe this is normal entertainment.

Josy 21-06-2015 12:11 PM

I completely agree and have said the same a lot in the past.

I much prefer things to pan out naturally, watch friendships forming, watch the housemates have some fun, reactions to nominations, tasks and so on and if there are arguments as part of it all then fair enough, it's supposed to be a reality show and arguments do and will happen.

What I do hate is manufactured drama but I genuinely think the fan base for BB has changed a lot over the years, more and more these days we see people say it's dull and boring if it's not constant drama when really that's not what BB is all about, so now the producers have fallen for the same thing thinking all the viewers want to see is constant arguing, fighting bitching and so on and that's why we are getting constant twist after twist, almost every task is designed to cause conflict by revealing what he said she said etc.

So yeah I think the viewers are partly to blame for what BB is today :/

Kazanne 21-06-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfromhx02 (Post 7901681)

Nasty to bring his family into anything,that takes everything away from your post.:nono:

Trasadkel1 21-06-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7909960)
I completely agree and have said the same a lot in the past.

I much prefer things to pan out naturally, watch friendships forming, watch the housemates have some fun, reactions to nominations, tasks and so on and if there are arguments as part of it all then fair enough, it's supposed to be a reality show and arguments do and will happen.

What I do hate is manufactured drama but I genuinely think the fan base for BB has changed a lot over the years, more and more these days we see people say it's dull and boring if it's not constant drama when really that's not what BB is all about, so now the producers have fallen for the same thing thinking all the viewers want to see is constant arguing, fighting bitching and so on and that's why we are getting constant twist after twist, almost every task is designed to cause conflict by revealing what he said she said etc.

So yeah I think the viewers are partly to blame for what BB is today :/

This