ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Does Harry Have Borderline Personality Disorder? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283634)

Chilltown 02-07-2015 10:08 PM

Does Harry Have Borderline Personality Disorder?

Her behavior has been a clear indicator that she might have this. Has it ever been mentioned in the house?

just thinkin 02-07-2015 10:10 PM

No and no. She's living with a houseful of niggtmares. Thats all.

Calderyon 02-07-2015 10:11 PM

You have to ask a psychiatrist for that.

Anyone would crumble in that house though, full of negativity and rarely any fun.

lewis111 02-07-2015 10:13 PM

Honestly all it is is that she is the only interesting one in a bunch of boring housemates, so it looks like she's weird and off. Throw her in ANY other series, she'dget half the screen time and called the most normal

middlebrother 10-07-2015 01:03 PM

It hasn't been mentioned on air.

She certainly meets the minimum criteria and given that she's made it clear on several occasions that she holds back her behaviour in the house, I'm sure to think she is. Most likely undiagnosed as she demonstrates any awareness of mindfulness/DBT/other techniques to help her in her "moments".

While it's nice that she's been embraced in the house in spite of her behaviour, it saddens me that she's become popular on the outside because that could potentially reinforce an idea that her behaviour is good or healthy, which could affect her willingness to seek out appropriate care and treatment.

I'm also severely concerned that the BB psychologist/s haven't intervened because she's showed signs of disturbing psychological behaviour.

vafunghoul 10-07-2015 01:15 PM

No, she has control issues. She turns things around on everyone to deflect from herself. When she seeks attention out of pity she mopes and shuts down. That is not a personality disorder because it is calculated. Would not be surprised if she had something terrible happen to her in her childhood that spawned out of control and helped her develop a need to control others. Nick is her perfect victim. Yes victim. Too easily manipulated. Seeing him lose it and sleep in diff bed only for her to come yet again and manipulate him emotionally just shows how she's continuing this cycle of mental manipulation that was possibly done to her at some point. She needs help.

Tarryn 10-07-2015 01:23 PM

Why are some on here trying to medically diagnose a HM's behaviour while only watching them for less than 1 hour a night ?.
Unless a HM is quiet, perfect & shows no anger then they have a serious personality disorder (?).
Leave her alone.
We all have different issues, none of us are perfect.
If you don't like Harry then leave it at that but don't try to heap more hatred on her by saying she is mentally ill.

vafunghoul 10-07-2015 01:25 PM

She needs therapy. Period. ;)

jaxie 10-07-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarryn (Post 7983791)
Why are some on here trying to medically diagnose a HM's behaviour while only watching them for less than 1 hour a night ?.
Unless a HM is quiet, perfect & shows no anger then they have a serious personality disorder (?).
Leave her alone.
If you don't like Harry then leave it at that but don't try to heap more hatred on her by saying she is mentally ill.

She has a very very short fuse and most people don't not like that, not over the tiniest little comments. People then look for a reason, why is she like this. It isn't regular behaviour I don't know anyone who gets so angry over nothing and then has to punch a wall frequently. There must be some reason why she acts this way so either she is horrible and violent or there is something wrong. Most people go with something wrong as its easier to understand and accept than thinking she is just horrible and its probably the most likely scenario.

Tarryn 10-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 7983799)
She has a very very short fuse and most people don't not like that, not over the tiniest little comments. People then look for a reason, why is she like this. It isn't regular behaviour I don't know anyone who gets so angry over nothing and then has to punch a wall frequently. There must be some reason why she acts this way so either she is horrible and violent or there is something wrong. Most people go with something wrong as its easier to understand and accept than thinking she is just horrible and its probably the most likely scenario.

Everybody has a different way of handling/coping in situations.
For all her anger, at least she has not been nasty like some HM's.
It's really none of our business to comment on a HM's mental issues.
It's just way too personal & wrong.
Why would anyone want to know ?.
Does it make some feel better if another person struggles :shrug:

Josy 10-07-2015 01:38 PM

TiBB's resident psychiatrist should be along shortly to answer this

REDCROP 10-07-2015 01:43 PM

If Harry is mental then she's in good company

Helen who threw her cup against the wall
Danny who smashed up the dinner then stuck his nose 3cm from Marcs face
Brian who had to be restrained by 3 of the blokes
Aisleyne who threatened to kick Marcs head in then tell her dad
Chloe who hurled verbal & physical abuse & threats at Marc before throwing a glass at him
Niki who went into melt down because a corn flake landed on her head
Christian who turns into Kanye West 12 times a day while the other idiots pretend its normal
Jack who has a nervous breakdown when nominated and believed he had 200,00 followers
Simon who acts like Liza Minelli on a cocktail of LSD and Red Bull
and Marc...LOL...no words needed

I think Harry fits in just great....also the only 2 housemates to admit they are bonkers are her and Marc.....the other idiots actually believe they are all normal...LOL...LOL.

Tarryn 10-07-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDCROP (Post 7983812)

Chloe who hurled verbal & physical abuse & threats at Marc before throwing a glass at him
Christian who turns into Kanye West 12 times a day while the other idiots pretend its normal
Jack who has a nervous breakdown when nominated and believed he had 200,00 followers

I think Harry fits in just great....also the only 2 housemates to admit they are bonkers are her and Marc.....the other idiots actually believe they are all normal...LOL...LOL.

:clap1:
Exactly. All HM's past & present display some kind of strange behaviour while in there yet only some get labelled with the "mental illness" tag.
Awful.

abhorson 10-07-2015 01:48 PM

The postman always rings twice at her house!

vafunghoul 10-07-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REDCROP (Post 7983812)

You can find a handful of incidents on every HG. Problem is the constant.
Harry has been continuous in her mental manipulation of Nick and acting out when she doesn't get her way. Like I said previously. A control issue. When cornered or called out there is no genuine sign of compassion or acknowledgement for anyone but herself. That is a sign of someone who needs to get some issues resolved.

Gusto Brunt 10-07-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafunghoul (Post 7983794)
She needs therapy. Period. ;)

She is disturbed and dangerous. No laughing matter.

Tarryn 10-07-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafunghoul (Post 7983821)
Harry has been continuous in her mental manipulation of Nick and acting out when she doesn't get her way. Like I said previously. A control issue. When cornered or called out there is no genuine sign of compassion or acknowledgement for anyone but herself. That is a sign of someone who needs to get some issues resolved.

Helen or Marc never showed any genuine compassion for others either & were constant in their awful behaviour.
So that's three mental patients so far this series then..............

vafunghoul 10-07-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarryn (Post 7983828)
Helen or Marc never showed any genuine compassion for others either & were constant in their awful behaviour.
So that's three mental patients so far this series then..............

Nope.
Helen perhaps. Was always miserable.
Marc? One on one he'd go back and apologize. Not a perfect soul either but ask yourself this...
has Harry EVER apologized or taken ownership over her faults, spats or tantrums to anyone in that house?
The answer is no.
That is yet another sign of a gal with, you know...issues that need treatment. :wavey:

bitontheslide 10-07-2015 02:05 PM

Has anyone considered that its a game show, not real life, because it doesn't seem so :laugh:

Harry is doing just fine getting people talking about her, i don't consider it any more than game play

REDCROP 10-07-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafunghoul (Post 7983821)

Oh wow, thats harsh, i was being ironic and trying to make light of this ugly concept....i find her to be the most honest person in there and highly intelligent...she's also extremely loyal...she also not only one of the few housemates with the strength to stand up to Marc when he was being a nob but also the strength to be the only person to defend Marc when Brian was being a nob, surely that takes restraint and integrity, esp to stand up for someones defence even when you don't like that person but purely because it was the right thing to do...she's def a bit mad but i find others just as mad...Chloe, Danny, Brian, Aisleyne and Helen have all been physically violent, Harry hasn't...and Chloe's lack of empathy and self serving behaviour is shocking to observe

I'm very much against people giving confirmation of someones mental stability when they have not examined that person and may not even be a medical person....to seriously brand someone with the stigma of mental illness is just so awful and I'm amazed that they are so freely doing the same thing on BOTS too...

Papillon 10-07-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarryn (Post 7983791)
Leave her alone.

I'm just waiting for a FM to say Harry has Autistic Tendencies. :whistle:

vafunghoul 10-07-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 7983846)
Has anyone considered that its a game show, not real life, because it doesn't seem so :laugh:

Harry is doing just fine getting people talking about her, i don't consider it any more than game play

That may account for a lot with all of them/Knowing they are on camera.
But with all the spats where their frustrations build up and spill out? I think we've seen all of them go ahead and apologize for their actions with the exception of her and perhaps Danny who's only really apologized once.

But your bring up a good pint. Maybe we the viewers need the damn therapy from letting this show get to us.

:joker:

Vanessa 10-07-2015 02:10 PM

She's as interesting as toothache.

Gusto Brunt 10-07-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 7983853)
She's as interesting as toothache.

Toothache would be very interesting if she had it.:joker::cheer2::cheer2:

REDCROP 10-07-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vafunghoul (Post 7983843)
Nope.
Helen perhaps. Was always miserable.
Marc? One on one he'd go back and apologize. Not a perfect soul either but ask yourself this...
has Harry EVER apologized or taken ownership over her faults, spats or tantrums to anyone in that house?
The answer is no.
That is yet another sign of a gal with, you know...issues that need treatment. :wavey:

Maybe she believes she's right and stands behind her own convictions and maybe, just maybe so do all the others but they're not honest enough to be seen in a bad light or strong enough to go against the crowd, so instead they go crawling back time and time again to give their fake forgiveness...