ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Should this year be the last civillian BB? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283857)

Maxxie. 04-07-2015 12:35 PM

Should this year be the last civillian BB?

In my opinion, I think it would be best if they called it a day with the civillian version after this year. The series that c5 has done has been really messy, with only BB14 being slightly bearable.

C5 are though having growing success with CBB & I used to think that they should axe summer cbb but I think it would be better if they kept that & got rid of civillian BB, at least temporarily.

If this would happen, I think it should temporarily though. Like when the UK format is axed all together, they could bring it back one last time or maybe for the 20th anniversary with a very basic BB1 style format.

Besides, this series is kinda conclusive anyways, with all the ex housemates. Bit like UBB. Timebomb may of looked better if we knew it was the last one & BB's just become not very fun to watch anymore. As long as they have more of a young cast like CBB13 which brang back some magical classic BB vibes & less of an older house like CBB15, BBUK will do fine.

Tarryn 04-07-2015 12:37 PM

I would hope it would continue but with it's original simple format.
Noms then all week voting.
No secret rooms or twists.
More normal people & less manipulating by BB.
I loved the first few series.

zakman440 04-07-2015 12:38 PM

They need to rest it for a year, have an all-stars series next year and then a proper back to basics series the year after.

bitontheslide 04-07-2015 12:39 PM

Its morphed into a show thats a different experience to traditional BB. I used to take BB seriously, no way I can now. Its not a show the requires long term time investment anymore. Join it at any time and you can see an argument or conflict to order

mrmattybeck1 04-07-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zakman440 (Post 7963613)
They need to rest it for a year, have an all-stars series next year and then a proper back to basics series the year after.

Agree needs fresh producers give us all stars next year

Maxxie. 04-07-2015 12:42 PM

I'd say axe civillian bb, then when the whole format is axed. Have one last cbb in january, one last regular bb followed by an all stars. Or if BB's still going by the 20th anniversary, revive bb with a BB1 style format it'll be really retro by then.

Whats weird is there used to be no difference between watching the two and now they're definately is.

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:45 PM

All they need to do is bring back the old format and stop interfering with it (which is what ruined the show in the first place)

Why people persist in saying it needs a break when it's essentially been on a break for 5 years is beyond me.

And no, no, no.... To an all star series. I don't want to see ex housemates, all of whom know each other quite well, and are much more savvy on another series.

What Big Brother needs is simple...

1. The 24/7 live coverage on...
2. A much better and more interactive website
3. 12 - 14 big personalities instead of building the show around 1 or 2
4. Normal nominations, no meddling
5. And to give the fans the sense that they are actually listening and trying

The show is where it is, not because of a tired format, but because it has been so neglected and abused over the last 5 years it's just sad to watch.

y.winter 04-07-2015 12:45 PM

I just hope this year will teach them a lesson, it was so wrong and messy in so many aspects.

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:46 PM

Can I please ask people voting for the third option, to skip a year... What is the point of doing that exactly?

Maxxie. 04-07-2015 12:46 PM

If anything all stars for 2017. I think there needs to be at least a year's break from a 10 week BB series. This year's been kind of an all stars and really messy. Loads of classic characters now hate the show whenever they return. Jade Goody, Nadia, Makosi, Brian Dowling, now Brian Belo and probably Aisleyne all turned their back on BB after doing it a second time.

Maxxie. 04-07-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 7963635)
Can I please ask people voting for the third option, to skip a year... What is the point of doing that exactly?

Freshens the show up a bit by giving it a bit of a break.

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bb2014 (Post 7963636)
If anything all stars for 2017. I think there needs to be at least a year's break from a 10 week BB series.

There's a year's break every year

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bb2014 (Post 7963639)
Freshens the show up a bit by giving it a bit of a break.

You freshen the show up by making the changes the viewers have been asking for. Giving it a break for a couple of years only to bring it back in the exact same format would be the ****s.

Raph 04-07-2015 12:50 PM

No. But revoke all the changes they put in place during bb15 and bb16

Pete. 04-07-2015 12:50 PM

No way, they just need to sort their **** out

Jason. 04-07-2015 12:50 PM

Does anyone think a C5 Civvy BB can average 1.8m/2m?

AProducer'sWetDream 04-07-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 7963641)
There's a year's break every year

I think they're contactually obliged to produce some kind of Big Brother series over the summer but this would give us a break from the show, and them time to get their act together so to speak.

Vicky. 04-07-2015 12:51 PM

No. But the new way of selecting housemates via agents has got to stop. Pick the housemates from auditions only. Do not go for similar types, don't pick based on looks..or purposely look for stereotypes

Stop messing with nominations. 3+ with most votes up each week, no changes. Whole house up if a double is needed...Vote to save for each eviction

Live feed would be preferable but not realistic, so FAIR edits all round. We don't care about what characters you have decided the housemates are, we want to see how they actually are. All sides.

Re-introduce DR uncut...can replace BOTS one night. Hell even scrap BOTS all together as its a joke and put an hour or so of LF on each night

NO NEW HOUSEMATES. Even with walkers.

No ex-housemates

No outside influences of any sort. No purposely causing arguments...they occur on their own and are much more explosive than being forced every day

And my own personal recommendation...introduce a 24/7 bar, similar to bb4 ;)

Glenn. 04-07-2015 12:52 PM

Let's be honest. They aren't listening to fans and won't. They will continue to run the show into the ground that they dug it up from in 2011.

Unless they have a drastic overhaul of the format or just leave the foundations alone, it will crumble away into nothing.

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB6 (Post 7963649)

Yes, very easily imo. But not with the awful format they currently use.

Jason. 04-07-2015 12:53 PM

They need to bring back open auditions. I have no idea why they scrapped them after BB13.

Ever since BB14, over 80% of the housemates have been recruits, have agents, or have been in the media and/or entertainment industry prior to entering the house.

Even the trashiest and most fame-hungry cast in BB history (BB12) ironically were not in the media before entering the house, and were just normal people, bar one or two.

AProducer'sWetDream 04-07-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB6 (Post 7963649)

Not the way it is now, but if they make some of the changes the fans are asking for then it may bring some of those back who have given up on the show over the years, and this would create a positive buzz which might attract the casual viewer.
:think:

Jason. 04-07-2015 12:54 PM

Yeah of course not the way it is now. But in the next few years if it improves.

Beetlejuice 04-07-2015 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 7963651)
No. But the new way of selecting housemates via agents has got to stop. Pick the housemates from auditions only. Do not go for similar types, don't pick based on looks..or purposely look for stereotypes

Stop messing with nominations. 3+ with most votes up each week, no changes. Whole house up if a double is needed...Vote to save for each eviction

Live feed would be preferable but not realistic, so FAIR edits all round. We don't care about what characters you have decided the housemates are, we want to see how they actually are. All sides.

No reason why the live feed isn't realistic. Versions of Big Brother in poor countries with low viewing figures have the live coverage.

LukeB 04-07-2015 12:55 PM

I don't know because it's been a mess for 2 years now and BB17 might not be any different.