ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   How have the rating been without Marc? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284932)

Griffin5779 15-07-2015 10:26 AM

How have the rating been without Marc?

I should think they have dropped a bit, but i really don;t understand them very well. Anyone who keeps up want to let me know?

Withano 15-07-2015 10:32 AM

Vastly improved. It was the most viewed week of the series excluding week 1 which nips it due to the launch bringing the average up, there isn't really another week close to the figures that those weeks got

Pete. 15-07-2015 10:32 AM

It was bubbling under 1 million during the weekend but it's doing strongly now

Griffin5779 15-07-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petemitch (Post 7999208)
It was bubbling under 1 million during the weekend but it's doing strongly now

Wish i understood it better but from looking at the numbers on the rating thread it looks like it lost about 20% of its viewers since Marc left and the comment are saying it is a flop... Certainly doesn't sound like they have improved.

Griffin5779 15-07-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999204)
Vastly improved. It was the most viewed week of the series excluding week 1 which nips it due to the launch bringing the average up, there isn't really another week close to the figures that those weeks got

How much did it go up?

Pete. 15-07-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin5779 (Post 7999249)
Wish i understood it better but from looking at the numbers on the rating thread it looks like it lost about 20% of its viewers since Marc left and the comment are saying it is a flop... Certainly doesn't sound like they have improved.

It was flopping until 2 nights ago when it got 1.2 million which is great for this series

Pete. 15-07-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin5779 (Post 7999254)
How much did it go up?

Recently by +400k

Withano 15-07-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffin5779 (Post 7999254)
How much did it go up?

Week 6 came third with 1.4m, week 8 had 1.51m
So at least 8%. Dont have week 7 figures to hand though.

Josy 15-07-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999204)

:joker::joker::joker:

No it hasn't.

Withano 15-07-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7999449)
:joker::joker::joker:

No it hasn't.

Yes it has. The show was only losing viewers week on week. Any increase is a vast improvement and a 180 turn around.. the numbers haven't seemed to slow down yet since his departure.

Josy 15-07-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999481)
Yes it has. The show was only losing viewers week on week. Any increase is a vast improvement and a 180 turn around.. the numbers haven't seemed to slow down yet since his departure.

843k - Sunday

900k - Monday

Those ratings are diabolical, no matter what.

ItWasJustBanter 15-07-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999481)

Do you know what the word "vast" means mate?

billy123 15-07-2015 12:18 PM

It must be very embarrassing for the people that totally rimjobbed Marc and tried to make out the ratings depended on him when the truth is is they improved when he left. :joker:

Withano 15-07-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItWasJustBanter (Post 7999502)
Do you know what the word "vast" means mate?

Looking at the figures, you would have expected the show to lose about 2% viewership over the course of the week Due to their steadily decreasing figures, it did not, it gained ~8% which is a vast improvement and it is a very unusual spike in the series for the show. You could get you thesaurus out if you want "mate" but the numbers speak for themselves.

parmnion 15-07-2015 12:19 PM

It's about time people realised Marc almost killed this years show,.

ItWasJustBanter 15-07-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999527)
Looking at the figures, you would have expected the show to lose about 2% viewership over the course of the week Due to their steadily decreasing figures, it did not, it gained ~8% which is a vast improvement and it is a very unusual spike in the series for the show. You could get you thesaurus out if you want "mate" but the numbers speak for themselves.

Less than 8% is not "vast" mate.

A vast improvement would need to be a dramatic improvement. Less than 8% is not a vast, or dramatic, improvement mate.

Josy 15-07-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 7999523)
It must be very embarrassing for the people that totally rimjobbed Marc and tried to make out the ratings depended on him when the truth is is they improved when he left. :joker:

They never improved when Marc left?

Why do people make things up to attempt proving their point.

The truth is the ratings have been **** for ages and got even worse.

They have only picked back up the past 2/3 nights.

Withano 15-07-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7999543)
They never improved when Marc left?

Why do people make things up to attempt proving their point.

The truth is the ratings have been **** for ages and got even worse.

They have only picked back up the past 2/3 nights.

The saturday-friday after he left was the most viewed week of the series excluding week 1 which only counts the first 4 night and includes the 2m they received on their launch. So.. You're wrong..

Josy 15-07-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999555)
The saturday-friday after he left was the most viewed week of the series excluding week 1 which only counts the first 4 night and includes the 2m they received on their launch. So.. You're wrong..

Let go of your hatred for a few minutes and have a read through the ratings thread.

You claimed they had 'vastly' improved since Marc was evicted, they haven't. You're wrong.

billy123 15-07-2015 12:29 PM

Oh dear. :joker:

Withano 15-07-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7999563)
Let go of your hatred for a few minutes and have a read through the ratings thread.

You claimed they had 'vastly' improved since Marc was evicted, they haven't. You're wrong.

Maybe let go of your love then haha.

If you want to tell me I'm wrong for saying that they vastly increased when they just increased up 8% and to the point where it was the most watched week of the series instead of accepting that you were wrong when you said that they never improved (don't even know where you thought you found those figures from?), then we'll call it a day.

reece(: 15-07-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnot (Post 7999523)

The real truth was that he was killing the show, evidenced by the figures.

Josy 15-07-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 7999582)
Maybe let go of your love then haha.

If you want to tell me I'm wrong for saying that they vastly increased when they just increased up 8% and to the point where it was the most watched week of the series instead of accepting that you were wrong when you said that they never improved (don't even know where you thought you found those figures from?), then we'll call it a day.

I don't give a **** about Marc, or about any housemate, ever, the minute they go up and out that door.

What I do give a **** about is people completely over exaggerating about housemates they like/dislike :shrug:

The figures I posted btw are from the ratings thread. Those are not an improvement at all and the couple of nights that the ratings done 'okish' were definitely not a 'vast' improvement.

Withano 15-07-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 7999593)
I don't give a **** about Marc, or about any housemate, ever, the minute they go up and out that door.

What I do give a **** about is people completely over exaggerating about housemates they like/dislike :shrug:

The figures I posted btw are from the ratings thread. Those are not an improvement at all and the couple of nights that the ratings done 'okish' were definitely not a 'vast' improvement.

I havent looked through the ratings thread, why would i when there are reliable places to look such as BARB. I am not making up numbers to prove a point, me disliking Marc and me understanding that his eviction and a direct increase in viewership may have a correlation is simply a rational conclusion, although the cashbomb promos may have helped. You fixating on a single word i used is odd, the show was only expecting to lose viewers, it did not it gained 8% which lasted for at least an entire week which is completely unusual in a daily show. A vast increase, a great improvement or a 180 turn around are the words i would use to define such an event. Sorry that my choice of words offended you, it wasn't the intention.

ItWasJustBanter 15-07-2015 12:46 PM

Mate your choice of words didn't offend anyone. no one here is offended by the word "vast".

People are just questioning whether you know what it means considering an 8% swing isn't vast:joker: