ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   Should gambling be made illegal for big brother. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285232)

parmnion 17-07-2015 02:23 PM

Should gambling be made illegal for big brother.

I can't help but think that bookies have a huge say in who is winning each series of bb now that the viewing figures have dropped.

Would it be so difficult to influence the votes by repeatedly dialing numbers?

The past few winners and some of the evictions have been more than surprising.:shrug:

Today 17-07-2015 02:35 PM

It should but not necessarily for that reason, there is no longer any element of chance or risk due to the undeniable interference and manipulation of votes and nominees for vote on the part of the production team.

parmnion 17-07-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Today (Post 8008815)
It should but not necessarily for that reason, there is no longer any element of chance or risk due to the undeniable interference and manipulation of votes and nominees for vote on the part of the production team.

yeah, isn't that illegal?

marlobrando2 17-07-2015 02:49 PM

Now it make sense Harry's night eviction. Cloe was supposed to be next to go in a double eviction based on polls and bookies and this is why BB made up the scenario for Sam to go.Why they did this?because those who run the show have financial gain(betting) for Danny and cloe to win right from the beginning.I voted in this series for Marc the first time spending about £20 for him to stay and Joel to win and none of this happened.I WILL NEVER VOTE AGAIN AND ALL OF YOU MUST DO THE SAME.The show is fixed every year.

Today 17-07-2015 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 8008818)
yeah, isn't that illegal?

I'm finding it difficult to see how it isn't. perhaps those complaining about it being rigged are doing so to OFCOM rather than the Gambling commission?

armand.kay 17-07-2015 03:47 PM

Yes it should be discussed in parliament.

Vicky. 17-07-2015 03:48 PM

Erm. Given they allow gambling on stuff like wrestling in which the result is actually completely predetermined...I dont think a bit of producer manipulation makes a difference :laugh:

Pete. 17-07-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 8008982)
Yes it should be discussed in parliament.

I think Makosi's deportation is more pressing

rionablue 17-07-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 8008798)
I can't help but think that bookies have a huge say in who is winning each series of bb now that the viewing figures have dropped.

The past few winners and some of the evictions have been more than surprising.:shrug:

I wouldn't waste my money betting on Big Brother if I am honest

y.winter 17-07-2015 09:01 PM

It's not like the bookies got it right a lot this series.
I don't event think Chloe was their fav last night...

Beetlejuice 17-07-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

The bookies have no say whatsoever.

Mystic Mock 17-07-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8008988)
Erm. Given they allow gambling on stuff like wrestling in which the result is actually completely predetermined...I dont think a bit of producer manipulation makes a difference :laugh:

But you're not being asked on who you want to be evicted on Wrestling though.

I'm torn because it is a form of rigging these people placing bets on less popular Housemates to stay or win (depending on if it's the final) and then they're voting against what the majority of what the fans want.

However if we ban gambling on BB will that also mean you can't place bets on shows like SCD? And that show in particular seems to have less of an issue with gambling fixes and it would be being punished for BB's incompetence.

Ashley. 17-07-2015 11:33 PM

Or they just make it a vote to save

billy123 18-07-2015 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8010247)
But you're not being asked on who you want to be evicted on Wrestling though.

I'm torn because it is a form of rigging these people placing bets on less popular Housemates to stay or win (depending on if it's the final) and then they're voting against what the majority of what the fans want.

However if we ban gambling on BB will that also mean you can't place bets on shows like SCD? And that show in particular seems to have less of an issue with gambling fixes and it would be being punished for BB's incompetence.

I am starting to feel lke i am in a really bad c movie surrounded by really bad actors pretending to believe that BB is important.
Please fill me in with a bit more detail about what is happening inside your head.

This ban on betting on big brother who is involved in that scenario? who bans it and why do they ban it? and how is that enforced and who enforces it again? That bit alone seems a really weird thing to suggest already. You say SCD has less of a betting fix problem than BB but present absolutely nothing to back up your claims which is very embarrassing for you.

Im done the Jeremy Kyle viewers have arrived and see the world in a very very basic way.

bananarama 20-07-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

If only it was possible to ban gambling on BB. Gamblers who vote to win money and not because of who they like or dislike do affect the outcome unfairly on the housemates and indeed the viewers.

When the odds are good that means gamblers can bet and at the same time afford votes to evict the one that wins money for them.

It should be if only it could be......... Give us BB back and stop the greedy money grabbers from ruining a brilliant TV format.

Beetlejuice 20-07-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bananarama (Post 8015920)
If only it was possible to ban gambling on BB. Gamblers who vote to win money and not because of who they like or dislike do affect the outcome unfairly on the housemates and indeed the viewers.

No, they don't.

Quote:

When the odds are good that means gamblers can bet and at the same time afford votes to evict the one that wins money for them.

It should be if only it could be......... Give us BB back and stop the greedy money grabbers from ruining a brilliant TV format.
Gamblers have no say whatsoever. This entire thread is ridiculous.

bananarama 21-07-2015 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 8016250)
No, they don't.

Sorry your conclusion as to gambling having an inert affect on the result is quite ridiculous.

BB4fan 21-07-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8008988)

But BB isn't meant to be like that.

VanessaFeltz. 21-07-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlejuice (Post 8016250)
No, they don't.

They decide who stays who goes have you ever seen polls this year?