ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Gail Porter Not great in the house great interview (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288524)

rionablue 15-09-2015 09:22 PM

Not great in the house great interview

I will be the first to admit that I really don't think Gail brought much to the house, she was all needy for a lot of the time then between the cleaning and not really having huge opinions on anything I felt she was weak

However her eviction interview was class. I loved her turn of phrase, her mimicking Farrah and Jenna and how comfortable she seemed by making herself at home while sitting on the chair. One of my favourite eviction interviews specially when as I said she would be well down my list of favourite housemates. Anyone agree?

BENDERBOY 15-09-2015 09:31 PM

Agreed, she'd have been one of the favourites if we'd have seen any of that in the house.

BigBrotherfan4ever 15-09-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 8145735)
I will be the first to admit that I really don't think Gail brought much to the house, she was all needy for a lot of the time then between the cleaning and not really having huge opinions on anything I felt she was weak

However her eviction interview was class. I loved her turn of phrase, her mimicking Farrah and Jenna and how comfortable she seemed by making herself at home while sitting on the chair. One of my favourite eviction interviews specially when as I said she would be well down my list of favourite housemates. Anyone agree?

Totally agree, it's one of the best interviews I've seen for ages on BB, she's a very funny woman.

parmnion 15-09-2015 09:35 PM

she was probably like that in the house but the powers that be decide to focus on the 2 bawbags!

BigBrotherfan4ever 15-09-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 8145784)
she was probably like that in the house but the powers that be decide to focus on the 2 bawbags!

This

rusticgal 15-09-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrotherfan4ever (Post 8145781)
Totally agree, it's one of the best interviews I've seen for ages on BB, she's a very funny woman.

You mean funny in taking the piss out of them??....now she's out the house!!:shrug:

Visage 15-09-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Yes!

I was really surprised with her interview, one of the best I've seen in a long time. I liked how she was able to turn her experience into a comedy.

Mitchell 15-09-2015 09:53 PM

She was great

Jason. 15-09-2015 09:54 PM

Great in the house. Even more great during the interview.

Great Gail :love:

Braden 15-09-2015 09:55 PM

I think it tends to be like that.

Especially during C4 BB, I remember my mum would always say "they seem much nicer in their interviews" practically every week.

But yeah Gail definitely showed her spunky side a lot more.

Stevep 15-09-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Exactly. Older BBs catered for various types of entertainment, you'd likely have seen more of her sense of humour in older BBs, now it's simply all focused on nonsensical arguments between trash.

For all the people that put forward the argument that the house would be boring without Farrah and Jenna; no, just no.

chuff me dizzy 16-09-2015 07:34 AM

She was like she had had a personality implant !! totally different woman

waterhog 16-09-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

morning rionablue - I just said on a other thread - she is classic manic depressive with all due respect. his and lows. but I am still glad she went. plus you can not keep someone in the house because they are going to give a good interview - it will defeat the object of playing a game.

still in shock about the scoopster :nono:

Cherie 16-09-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8145798)
You mean funny in taking the piss out of them??....now she's out the house!!:shrug:

I found her a bit OTT if I'm honest, was she really that intimidated by others in the house, I don't think so

Cherie 16-09-2015 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8146456)
She was like she had had a personality implant !! totally different woman

But to the other extreme!

chuff me dizzy 16-09-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8146477)
But to the other extreme!

Just proved what a game she was playing all this time, the poor, down trodden lackey !!

Mick 16-09-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

I am thinking this also.I suspect that if challenged the BB producer's would claim a fair and unbiased edit for all but we can only form our opinion's based on what we are shown,was she punished for not playing the game where as the above two and others 100% do.

As a viewer I enjoy the often manufactured arguments and game playing but I also like to see some spontaneous and genuine behaviours. Increasingly it appears that the latter is considered of low value for the edit and imo that's a shame.

Jamie89 16-09-2015 08:42 AM

Agreed. This was one of my all time favourite eviction interviews, I thought she was brilliant! It did make me wonder if we didn't see this side of her in the house because of editing or maybe she was just different in there. Either way, she was brilliant last night. And her line about being sectioned (can't remember exactly what she said) was excellent!

bitontheslide 16-09-2015 08:48 AM

In live feed I've seen Sherrie having a good laugh with people - genuine fun moments. Its never made it in to the highlights show. Its just trash TV now, I am completely bored with it.

Given that Gail's mood seems to vary greatly, it could be she was never that fun character in the house that she was in the interview, but I believe there would have been times that she was, and they were not shown

parmnion 16-09-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 8146494)
I am thinking this also.I suspect that if challenged the BB producer's would claim a fair and unbiased edit for all but we can only form our opinion's based on what we are shown,was she punished for not playing the game where as the above two and others 100% do.

As a viewer I enjoy the often manufactured arguments and game playing but I also like to see some spontaneous and genuine behaviours. Increasingly it appears that the latter is considered of low value for the edit and imo that's a shame.

Exactly mick, its a disgrace.

Time and time again we get the controversial hms saved in a twist of some sort, jenna amd farrah were going to be immune last week whatever happened as they would have been nominated(safe) if they hadn't been chosen for the secret room. Couple that with the sudden switch to vote to save rather than evict and it is clear to see that all the producers want is arguments amd controversy...I'm effin sick of it to be honest.

Fair enough we like an argument at times but every day, every episode? No it just becomes as tedious and unwatchable as a bunch of bores doing nothing.

Anoyher thing, what about all those poor sods placing bets at the beginning only to see their chosen ones basically cheated out of their place in the house..

SharkAttack 16-09-2015 09:21 AM

On Gail: I thought she was completely in manic mode when she got out, tbh, not her normal self. She was relieving herself completely of the sh*tshow that went on inside, in front of us all, with the bright lights, during that interview with Emma. She was still somewhat lit up during BBBOTS, but slightly more sedate. She didn't want that ride with Scoop on Rylan's "rocket," that's for sure. lol

This is one of those season's where I wish BB would let the entire bunch stay in for the duration...and then let the final vote speak for itself. Of course, that isn't BB, but still...

Niamh. 16-09-2015 09:38 AM

She just seemed elated to be out of there :laugh:

Westy 16-09-2015 09:58 AM

I think she was just so relieved to be out that she could finally be herself, and thats what we seen in the interview. Sure how could you be yourself when those 2 american ladies take offense at everything, even a normal conversation. Nuttaaaas

LeatherTrumpet 16-09-2015 10:06 AM

She acted like a bipolar on a high point

Rob! 16-09-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8146612)
She acted like a bipolar on a high point

She is bi polar.