ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   The Apprentice boss Lord Sugar takes swipe at James Hill: "Who?" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289867)

Headie 06-10-2015 06:27 PM

The Apprentice boss Lord Sugar takes swipe at James Hill: "Who?"

Quote:

Lord Sugar has spoken out about The Apprentice candidates who seem to use the show as a footstep to fame.

James Hill became the latest 'star' from the BBC One series to appear on Celebrity Big Brother only last month, winning the whole ruddy thing and all.

But asked about his opinion on James taking part in the Channel 5 show at today's press launch for The Apprentice's eleventh series, Lord Sugar quipped: "Who's he?"

The boss went on to reveal how the show's production team went to great lengths to weed out fame-seekers from the line up.

'Stupid' or 'ridiculous' business plans were immediately dismissed with producers even going as far as profiling applicants online through their social media accounts.

"We do our best to try to recognise at a very early stage when we're recruiting people, we look at their CVs and do an investigation into who they are," Lord Sugar explained. "Fortunately, social media availability enables us to have a look at people's claim to fame on their Facebook sites and all that type of stuff, so we do our best to try and deal with that at the selection stage."

Lord Sugar added: "There may be some people there that I think are there for the wrong reasons. They don't last through the process.

"I'm only interested in people there that want the business deal."

In a Q&A at today's event, Lord Sugar also spoke about what he felt kept The Apprentice's ratings high after a decade on air.

He suggested that simply keeping things the same and avoiding "gimmicks" was the way to go.

Comparing the show's success to The X Factor's dip in viewers, Lord Sugar said: "In my opinion, and I say this respectfully to The X Factor, gimmicks don't seem to work.

"In fact, in my opinion also, the demise of what they call the civilian version of The Apprentice in the United States, they just started doing all silly things and in the end the audience saw right through it."

The Apprentice returns for a new series next Wednesday on BBC One.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv...-hill-who.html
Welp it's only been one year since the series aired and he's already forgotten him :laugh:

Marsh. 06-10-2015 06:27 PM

:clap1:

Pete. 06-10-2015 06:28 PM

What kind of shade

Liam- 06-10-2015 06:30 PM

Proving why he's a Lord :clap1:

Daniel. 06-10-2015 06:31 PM

James caring

Lostie! 06-10-2015 06:33 PM

I liked James on CBB but Sugar has a point about fame-seeking contestants. It's obvious that James' whole motivation for doing The Apprentice was fame, which makes his drags about Farrah not being on a "credible" reality show all the more silly.

Daniel. 06-10-2015 06:34 PM

James is a businessman of the highest order

Vanessa 06-10-2015 06:36 PM

I can't see why you can't do both. :spin:

EspeonBB 06-10-2015 06:38 PM

Nnn :joker:

GiRTh 06-10-2015 06:43 PM

Lord SUgar wont be able to spot them. He'll be too busy with his rehearsed put downs.

Jordan. 06-10-2015 06:54 PM

Oh but James has probably made more money since leaving the house than the rest of the contestants on his series have made since it ended. A great business man :clap1:

LemonJam 06-10-2015 06:58 PM

I love how every year they try their best to make it seem more serious while gradually casting more ridiculous/dynamic contestants. Nobody's buying it.

Jamie89 06-10-2015 07:36 PM

Well this is all ridiculous. They don't pick the best business people, they pick people who'd be the best on TV, that may also be good at business. So of course TV 'types' will make it through. And the fact that all the contestants are applying to be on a TV show, what does he expect :bored:

Jason. 06-10-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8205653)
I liked James on CBB but Sugar has a point about fame-seeking contestants. It's obvious that James' whole motivation for doing The Apprentice was fame, which makes his drags about Farrah not being on a "credible" reality show all the more silly.

I agree with this. Same goes for X Factor contestants like Jake Quickenden for example who hopped on to another reality show just a few weeks after being booted from the X Factor.

*mazedsalv** 06-10-2015 08:02 PM

I don't know what Sugar is talking about. He is a hypocrite saying he wants to find serious people, when 3/4 of the shows contestants are purposely selected to create conflict and to try out a media career. Serious people? :laugh3: :joker:

Give me a break Sugar, you're not fooling anyone. Sugar should be happy that 3 out of 3 have done well after his show regarding whether it's for good reasons or bad reasons (Hopkins).

*mazedsalv** 06-10-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonJam (Post 8205725)
I love how every year they try their best to make it seem more serious while gradually casting more ridiculous/dynamic contestants. Nobody's buying it.

Exactly, "serious businessmen and businesswomen" my culo. Is that why they purposely choose a lot of good looking people or jokers for out entertainment? TA hasn't been a serious show since Series 1 :laugh:

Macie Lightfoot 06-10-2015 08:09 PM

was it even A Series Business Show to begin with? :joker: it's like saying ANTM was ever A Serious Modeling Show

*mazedsalv** 06-10-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot (Post 8206026)
was it even A Series Business Show to begin with? :joker: it's like saying ANTM was ever A Serious Modeling Show

Exactly :joker:

James 06-10-2015 08:45 PM

Yeah, this show has been full of fame-seekers for years now.

Xtopher 06-10-2015 08:46 PM

bye

MB. 06-10-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

I believe its official title is The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency

Macie Lightfoot 06-10-2015 11:55 PM

If we're talking about Serious Modeling Competitions we HAVE to pay homage to The Face <33333

(alol remember when one of the Serious Modeling Photoshoots of ANTM7 involved modeling the act of throwing a cellphone at Tyrenemy Naomi Campbell?)

Ashley. 07-10-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel_ (Post 8205655)
James is a businessman of the highest order

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8205708)
Oh but James has probably made more money since leaving the house than the rest of the contestants on his series have made since it ended. A great business man :clap1:

Um :umm2:

You need a business to be a businessman. Dear lord I thought that was obvious.

Mystic Mock 07-10-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Going by the pictures I can testify to this.:joker:

*mazedsalv** 07-10-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 8207161)
Um :umm2:

You need a business to be a businessman. Dear lord I thought that was obvious.

Well, he is involved in Genese London.