ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=676)
-   -   Sherrie Hewson Found a lump (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289951)

Mitchell 09-10-2015 01:41 PM

Found a lump

Sherrie Hewson broke down on today’s Loose Women after revealing she discovered a lump just before entering the Celebrity Big Brother house.

An emotional Sherrie said: ‘I had a lump a few years ago, but…only a few weeks ago, which I’ve never told anybody, I found another one. It was me who found it, I didn’t tell anybody, I went to hospital…but I was going into the Big Brother house and I didn’t want to say anything because obviously I’m working and I have to earn, I’m the only bread winner in the family. And stupidly, and please don’t ever do this, anybody, don’t not tell somebody. I went in, frightened, and came out, I went back to hospital, fortunately it was only a cyst.’

Sherrie continued: ‘All I’m saying is, my fear was A) I didn’t want to know, and B) I didn’t want to tell anybody. And I think, really, if you look at everybody in a street, they would tell you that was one of the biggest problems, is terror, is not being able to look, touch, feel, and go ‘It could be me, well actually I’ll put my head in the sand and I’ll pretend it’s not me’…and I think that’s what happened to me. It was the most stupid thing I have ever done in my life. So if anybody’s listening, please don’t do what I did.’

Today’s Loose Women was marking Breast Cancer Awareness Month with Britain’s biggest Survivors’ Party, celebrating all of those people who have survived breast cancer.

daniel-lewis-1985 12-10-2015 10:41 AM

I don't mean to be nasty but is she sying this to excuse how boring she came across?

She loves attention and has to be pissed shes no longer seen as the cooky, chatty loose woman and now is seen as just the boring one from CBB16.

Kizzy 12-10-2015 10:48 AM

I just can't abide these loose oversharers.... Is that every one of them who has had a lump/depression/addiction story now?

Mitchell 12-10-2015 11:08 AM

She was saying this for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, they did a domestic abuse support campaign earlier this year and they helped various people leave abusive relationships, the way I see it is if one woman gets herself checked out because of this campaign, it's a job worth doing?

Liam- 12-10-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 (Post 8217819)
I don't mean to be nasty but is she sying this to excuse how boring she came across?

She loves attention and has to be pissed shes no longer seen as the cooky, chatty loose woman and now is seen as just the boring one from CBB16.

No, she's saying it to raise awareness for other woman to not do what she did and to get it checked as soon as she finds it, rather than having to dwell on the possibilities and be scared.

Smithy 12-10-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 8217823)
I just can't abide these loose oversharers.... Is that every one of them who has had a lump/depression/addiction story now?

I don't really see how it's any different to sharing a story about depression or addiction on a forum, if it's relevant to the topic being discussed

arista 12-10-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 8217823)

Bang On Right Kizzy

Ammi 12-10-2015 01:29 PM

...although I don't personally watch Loose Woman, many females do and so it's great for raising awareness with these things and important that they're talked about to inspire other people to have things checked no matter how insignificant they may seem...wow though/poor thing, it must have been very scary for her especially with losing Linda not that long ago and then Carol with breast cancer...

Kizzy 12-10-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 8217848)
I don't really see how it's any different to sharing a story about depression or addiction on a forum, if it's relevant to the topic being discussed

You don't get paid for sharing on a forum.

Ammi 12-10-2015 01:38 PM

Sherrie Hewson broke down on today’s Loose Women after revealing she discovered a lump just before entering the Celebrity Big Brother house.

..you don't get extra pay for breaking down in your job either because of something that would be a worst fear for many of us and when you've recently lost someone close to you.../I struggle to believe how mean spirited some people can be when they have no time for someone...

Ashley. 12-10-2015 02:33 PM

If any of you lot had a cancer scare you wouldn't be so negative towards those that have and say they're just attention seeking or making excuses.

Sometimes people need to break down to release the emotion.

Ross. 12-10-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 8217835)
She was saying this for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, they did a domestic abuse support campaign earlier this year and they helped various people leave abusive relationships, the way I see it is if one woman gets herself checked out because of this campaign, it's a job worth doing?

This.

She was telling her story and how you shouldn't go about things like she did, I personally don't see how anyone can take issue with that? :shrug:

Kizzy 12-10-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8218044)

..you don't get extra pay for breaking down in your job either because of something that would be a worst fear for many of us and when you've recently lost someone close to you.../I struggle to believe how mean spirited some people can be when they have no time for someone...

I read about it in the daily mirror where all the loose ladies go to vent.
If you see it as me being mean spirited then that's your issue, personally I don't feel mean.

Ross. 12-10-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 8218175)
I read about it in the daily mirror where all the loose ladies go to vent.
If you see it as me being mean spirited then that's your issue, personally I don't feel mean.

She actually said it on the show during it's 'Breast Cancer Survivors Party' (making the whole story very relevant), she didn't go to the Daily Mirror at all they just reported it. :)

You can dislike the Loose Women (many do lmao), but I think you're letting that get in the way of your judgement of this story

Kizzy 12-10-2015 03:05 PM

Oh did she find a way to make that about her?...

Ross. 12-10-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 8218219)
Oh did she find a way to make that about her?...

You completely missed the point but okay

Kizzy 12-10-2015 03:13 PM

Oh I didn't miss anything, her revelation was noted. Make a shock statement sell the story...done.

Ashley. 12-10-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 8218251)
Oh I didn't miss anything, her revelation was noted. Make a shock statement sell the story...done.

LMAO @ the assumptions being made to look like facts