ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2015 [S12] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=679)
-   -   Why are 4th Impact so overrated? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291226)

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 12:03 AM

Why are 4th Impact so overrated?

I thought it was just on here but they're snatching all the polls I've seen (with only Louisa seemingly giving them a run for the prize)

I honestly find them to be very weak, their vocals only sounded smooth at judges houses because it was auto tuned and this week they were so pitchy and just really basic, their dancing isn't even that great. I just see them as very blah and I really don't get why they seem to be dominating so much.

Hopefully it's the Laura White effect and it fizzles out and they flop out in a few weeks :fc:

Mystic Mock 02-11-2015 12:06 AM

It's because they dance around the stage and scream out a few notes, apparently that's what's good on the show nowadays.

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8261772)
It's because they dance around the stage and scream out a few notes, apparently that's what's good on the show nowadays.

They were honestly awful last night, I liked them until I saw how much people were overselling their ability.

Marsh. 02-11-2015 12:10 AM

Jealousy.

rionablue 02-11-2015 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8261766)
I thought it was just on here but they're snatching all the polls I've seen (with only Louisa seemingly giving them a run for the prize)

I honestly find them to be very weak, their vocals only sounded smooth at judges houses because it was auto tuned and this week they were so pitchy and just really basic, their dancing isn't even that great. I just see them as very blah and I really don't get why they seem to be dominating so much.

Hopefully it's the Laura White effect and it fizzles out and they flop out in a few weeks :fc:

I think they are outstanding. I don't like the cutesy makeovers but their voices are brilliant. I judge vocal competitions and their harmonies etc were totally onpoint. They can all sing, they are brilliant dancers and they are so so different to any other girl group ever on the X factor. So many solo singers win these kind of competitions and only the lucky few ever make it big. Little Mix have done incredibly and I reckon 4th Impact will do very well also. Love them

Denver 02-11-2015 12:12 AM

If anything there Underrated

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 8261793)
I think they are outstanding. I don't like the cutesy makeovers but their voices are brilliant. I judge vocal competitions and their harmonies etc were totally onpoint. They can all sing, they are brilliant dancers and they are so so different to any other girl group ever on the X factor. So many solo singers win these kind of competitions and only the lucky few ever make it big. Little Mix have done incredibly and I reckon 4th Impact will do very well also. Love them

They're mediocre dancers, barely keeping in step with each other imo.

I feel like I listened to something else if you call that pitchy mess brilliant

rionablue 02-11-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8261796)
They're mediocre dancers, barely keeping in step with each other imo.

I feel like I listened to something else if you call that pitchy mess brilliant

With respect Amy we will have to disagree on this. I can hear a bum note a mile off as I have been years listening to vocals. I couldn't , no matter how closely I listened tonight hear one pitchy moment and neither could any of the judges it seems not that any of them are FULLY qualified to actually notice one anyway lol Peace!

Lostie! 02-11-2015 12:19 AM

I'm glad someone's said it. I honestly do like them but because they're fun, super likeable and brilliant performers. That said, their vocals are usually less-than-stellar imo (apart from Judges Houses when they just stood there and sang without the dancing etc, I loved their voices there).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8261794)

Underrated is one thing they're most certainly not, they clearly have a lot of support.

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 8261802)
With respect Amy we will have to disagree on this. I can hear a bum note a mile off as I have been years listening to vocals. I couldn't , no matter how closely I listened tonight hear one pitchy moment and neither could any of the judges it seems not that any of them are FULLY qualified to actually notice one anyway lol Peace!

I've been listening to music for years too so...I respect your opinion but I wouldn't call what they did outstanding personally.

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8261804)
I'm glad someone's said it. I honestly do like them but because they're fun, super likeable and brilliant performers. That said, their vocals are usually less-than-stellar imo (apart from Judges Houses when they just stood there and sang without the dancing etc, I loved their voices there).

Underrated is one thing they're most certainly not, they clearly have a lot of support.

FINALLY! :love:

Daniel. 02-11-2015 12:29 AM

Icons, by far the best this season.

Daniel. 02-11-2015 12:30 AM

Icons, by far the best this season..

LaLaLand 02-11-2015 03:33 AM

I know obviously English isn't their first language but I find their diction so poor! It's like they mumble through songs.

Vanessa 02-11-2015 04:02 AM

I think they're brilliant! :worship:

Pete. 02-11-2015 05:35 AM

Music is subjective

Samm 02-11-2015 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8261772)

"scream out a few notes" ok

4th Slayers are amazing and give us something different to what all the other acts have.

Babayaro. 02-11-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8261794)

How can they be underrated?

kirklancaster 02-11-2015 07:33 AM

I think they are brilliant, but whoever selected the last song for them and whoever advised their choice of dress needs firing, because both were 'naff' as hell and did them no favours.

Those cheesy stereotypical dresses and that hair bow -- ugh.

As good as they could be though, and as good as a lot of the others are, I feel the incomparable Lousa Johnnson and the amazing Seann Miley Moore will fight out the finish.

mizzy25 02-11-2015 08:02 AM

I thought they were one of the weakest performers on Sat along with Kira and Lauren. Forth Impact are like little girls and that's the only people I could see actually liking them.

Jordan. 02-11-2015 08:34 AM

They haven't been as good as their audition

Cherie 02-11-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizzy25 (Post 8261952)
I thought they were one of the weakest performers on Sat along with Kira and Lauren. Forth Impact are like little girls and that's the only people I could see actually liking them.

They are so annoying, going by the outfits they are being marketed at the pre teens, worked well for 1Direction I suppose

Amy Jade 02-11-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Sam~ (Post 8261922)
"scream out a few notes" ok

4th Slayers are amazing and give us something different to what all the other acts have.

Depends how far you look tbh, they're quite different for this show but their act is dime a dozen overseas and they're much, much better

Raph 02-11-2015 11:19 AM

They're something new! And super talented and cute. Most original act this year id say maybe alongside Reggie N Bollie.

Lostie! 02-11-2015 11:22 AM

I'd agree with new and cute, but I don't think their vocal talent is usually anything special. Not when they're dancing around the stage anyway, as I said I think their vocals are much more impressive when they just sing. I think there have been plenty of much better acts over the years who haven't had half as much support though.

But still, they're very likeable and endearing so I don't exactly begrudge them support.