ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   MPs Back National Park Fracking Plans (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293548)

arista 16-12-2015 04:17 PM

MPs Back National Park Fracking Plans

I hope this is OK for Kizzy?

[MPs have backed plans that will allow fracking under
national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty.
The measures introduced by the Government mean fracking
can be carried out 1,200m below national parks,
outstanding natural beauty, world heritage sites,
the Broads and certain groundwater areas.]

http://news.sky.com/story/1606836/mp...fracking-plans

bitontheslide 16-12-2015 04:24 PM

they can frack off

LeatherTrumpet 16-12-2015 04:28 PM

Frack in the USSR

Cherie 16-12-2015 04:30 PM

This is the sort of thing that should go out to referendum, disgusting decision

Nedusa 16-12-2015 04:32 PM

Greedy....greedy.....greedy !!!

We can all go to hell as long as certain people money...

lostalex 16-12-2015 04:35 PM

i feel like this fracking thing is being unfairly demonized. like genetically modified food and vaccines.

The hippies are crazy.

Livia 16-12-2015 04:39 PM

People want energy but get angry at every attempt to give it to them.

LeatherTrumpet 16-12-2015 04:40 PM

If we had to make national omelettes there would be an anti-cracking lobby

arista 16-12-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8358007)

Yes the Irony

Cherie 16-12-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8358007)

Not every attempt I would be happy with Wind, Solar, Water being investigated and utilised further

Livia 16-12-2015 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas (Post 8358049)
Not every attempt I would be happy with Wind, Solar, Water being investigated and utilised further

They're already being investigated and utilised further.

Cherie 16-12-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8358059)
They're already being investigated and utilised further.

Solar power grants for homeowners have been withdrawn that's hardly encouraging is it?

Livia 16-12-2015 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas (Post 8358077)
Solar power grants for homeowners have been withdrawn that's hardly encouraging is it?

Because the grants have stopped doesn't mean that solar power is unavailable. It's an investment, not sure why I as a taxpayer should be paying to reduce someone else's electricity bill.

Cherie 16-12-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8358096)
Because the grants have stopped doesn't mean that solar power is unavailable. It's an investment, not sure why I as a taxpayer should be paying to reduce someone else's electricity bill.

Yet you are happy to fill the energy company coffers :umm2:

arista 16-12-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas (Post 8358077)

The Markets changed all that.
It could not be helped

JoshBB 16-12-2015 05:27 PM

Fracking is not only entirely hypocritical towards our commitment to reducing emissions, but it also could result in more sinkholes, gas leaks.. environmental disasters.

I've said before that the government is happy to make profit at the lives of others, and in this case that takes an unfortunate literal truth. This could be catastrophic.

arista 16-12-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 8358152)
Fracking is not only entirely hypocritical towards our commitment to reducing emissions, but it also could result in more sinkholes, gas leaks.. environmental disasters.

I've said before that the government is happy to make profit at the lives of others, and in this case that takes an unfortunate literal truth. This could be catastrophic.

Could happen - maybe

But Checks will be done

JoshBB 16-12-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8358171)
Could happen - maybe

But Checks will be done

Do you really trust the government to keep their word? Won't do a top-down reorganisation of the NHS they said.. won't privatise the NHS they said... won't try to cut tax credits they said...

arista 16-12-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 8358180)
Do you really trust the government to keep their word? Won't do a top-down reorganisation of the NHS they said.. won't privatise the NHS they said... won't try to cut tax credits they said...

Yes I trust them to do more checks,
on this Project.

lostalex 16-12-2015 05:46 PM

the earth is more resourceful than these hippy environmentalists give it credit for. they really believe that humans have all the power. humans are tiny ants marching and digging around the earth, and if we go too far then maybe our anthill will collapse, but that is just another learning experience. our anthills have collapsed many times.

bitontheslide 16-12-2015 05:47 PM

If we are going to test out fracking, couldn't be a better place to test it away from population centres.

JoshBB 16-12-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8358183)
Yes I trust them to do more checks,
on this Project.

That's fine but I personally wouldn't trust the conservatives to run a sock drawer let alone properly regulate fracking..

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 8358202)
the earth is more resourceful than these hippy environmentalists give it credit for. they really believe that humans have all the power. humans are tiny ants marching and digging around the earth, and if we go too far then maybe our anthill will collapse, but that is just another learning experience. our anthills have collapsed many times.

Our resources are depleting, and with every frack we release tons of gas into the atmosphere which we do not even harvest. It's an environmentally incompetent idea especially considering the scientific evidence of climate change.

Cherie 16-12-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elf On Strike (Post 8358203)
If we are going to test out fracking, couldn't be a better place to test it away from population centres.

Where will all the equipment needed go in these places of outstanding beauty? Is the infrastructure there to facilitate this. What about the wildlife :umm2:

Livia 16-12-2015 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie Christmas (Post 8358128)
Yet you are happy to fill the energy company coffers :umm2:

I buy a commodity from a company offering that commodity. If I can get it cheaper elsewhere, I will.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say, if I'm honest. This isn't MY fault. Why should I pay for other people to get cheaper electricity?

Cherie 16-12-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8358235)
I buy a commodity from a company offering that commodity. If I can get it cheaper elsewhere, I will.

I'm not sure what you're even trying to say, if I'm honest. This isn't MY fault. Why should I pay for other people to get cheaper electricity?

My point is (until you dragged it off topic talking about your taxes) that the government have not investigated or promoted energy as much as they could have, they removed green subsidies from our energy bills in an attempt to reduce energy bills but not energy company profits they stopped grants to home owners and small businesses yet you say green energy is being utilised and investigated further. I don't know why you think it's your fault!