ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2015 [S12] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=679)
-   -   Louisa Johnson drops right down to #61 after just 3 weeks (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294229)

Jordan. 02-01-2016 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8386200)
Call me a sheep if it makes you feel better about not supporting who you claim to like and causing her to be called a flop - I call supporting my favourite artists being a fan and I can afford to spend a pound to buy their music :laugh:

If I choose to support somebody on the show it tends to last longer than straight after the show ends - hence me still being a big Little Mix and Leona fan

That comment wasn't even aimed at you, sorry you automatically made that assumption of yourself & not supporting Forever Young doesn't mean people are not still supporting Louisa, as said many times her fans are waiting for her own music which actually matters :spin:

Besides they're only so much a fanbase can do, the general public have to also like a song for it to become a hit.

Heaven = Winner 02-01-2016 01:51 AM

what a flop lol

Samm 02-01-2016 02:15 AM

Like Jamie said about Leona..

If you were to ask what her first "single" would be to the general public most would say bleeding in love, it all depends on her debut single which will be her own music which then she can be judged if people wish to.

I'll still listen to her music either way if it isn't successful or if It is.

Amy Jade 02-01-2016 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Sam~ (Post 8386256)
Like Jamie said about Leona..

If you were to ask what her first "single" would be to the general public most would say bleeding in love, it all depends on her debut single which will be her own music which then she can be judged if people wish to.

I'll still listen to her music either way if it isn't successful or if It is.

People can and will judge as soon as they want, I know it's nice for fans to pretend it's all about her follow up to the winners single but for her to have such a flop as soon as the show ends and she's fresh in their memory...it's embarrassing.

I honestly wish her well, I am the same age as her and I'd be devestated if people put me on a pedestal and then didn't give a **** after - but in all honesty I do wonder how much legitimate support she has, free votes won her the show but will the same people actually spend money on her? remains to be seen.

Ninastar 02-01-2016 02:50 AM

not surprised, the song she was given was awful. probably my fave ever winner, yet i've not even thought about downloading the song

but ive liked all the other songs, even from winners i didnt like

LukeB 02-01-2016 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos (Post 8386273)
but ive liked all the other songs, even from winners i didnt like

Same, I brought Joe's single when it came out and i wasn't a fan of him,

Mystic Mock 03-01-2016 01:55 PM

Simon's overhyping and overrating can only take you so far.

Maybe her next Single or Album can salvage her though as even Fleur out of Simon's pets has clung onto the Single market for now.

LukeB 03-01-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8388340)
Simon's overhyping and overrating can only take you so far.

Maybe her next Single or Album can salvage her though as even Fleur out of Simon's pets has clung onto the Single market for now.

that has nothing to do with it though, the single was a really poor choice and is basically crap. It was nothing against Louisa herself. No one liked the winners single, not even me

Mystic Mock 03-01-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8388344)
that has nothing to do with it though, the single was a really poor choice and is basically crap. It was nothing against Louisa herself. No one liked the winners single, not even me

She did the Bob Dylan version which was popular for him, that means that there was something up with the way Louisa sung the song, or performed the song, or imo both was all over the place for the song as she did her usual Zombie performing meets Sam Bailey type shouting, you can't do that through a Bob Dylan song and it exposed her.

If she sung the song more like the "may you stay forever young" part I bet that the single would be doing a lot better for her.

LukeB 03-01-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8388353)
She did the Bob Dylan version which was popular for him, that means that there was something up with the way Louisa sung the song, or performed the song, or imo both was all over the place for the song as she did her usual Zombie performing meets Sam Bailey type shouting, you can't do that through a Bob Dylan song and it exposed her.

If she sung the song more like the "may you stay forever young" part I bet that the single would be doing a lot better for her.

Completely different version and the originals are always preferred to the covers. Forever Young was a poor choice and most are getting bored of the winners singles now. It was nothing against Louisa, if you look at most of the comments on social media you will see they hate the song. Her album/music is the only what matters not some ****ty/boring cover. James Arthur sold pretty well because Impossible was a good choice but did he do well after that? not really

Mystic Mock 03-01-2016 02:24 PM

James Arthur didn't do bad because of his Music (which was really good shockingly from TXF) but his own behaviour killed him and any interesting alternative act from winning ever again.

LukeB 03-01-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8388396)
James Arthur didn't do bad because of his Music (which was really good shockingly from TXF) but his own behaviour killed him and any interesting alternative act from winning ever again.

Sam's and Ben's winners single did well.. did they do well afterwards? no

winners single are no indication on anything.. Little Mix single was criticised and was the 1st winners single not to be nominated for a Brit.. look at them now

Lostie! 03-01-2016 03:05 PM

Writing someone off because a winner's single didn't do brilliantly doesn't make much sense because that suggests a high-performing winner's single equates to long-lasting success, which has been proven to not necessarily be the case more times than not.

Mystic Mock 04-01-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8388401)
Sam's and Ben's winners single did well.. did they do well afterwards? no

winners single are no indication on anything.. Little Mix single was criticised and was the 1st winners single not to be nominated for a Brit.. look at them now

Little Mix still got number one with their Folk Rock song though, Louisa didn't even come close with her Folk Rock song cover.

Plus Little Mix won a much tougher series meaning that they had fans to begin with, where as Louisa was thrown into a series where it would be like Bayern Munich taking on Aston Villa in the Football, there's only one outcome which is a Bayern Munich victory, and an equivalent on The X Factor literally happened, the good acts (Seann, Monica, Mason, Kiera, and Max) was all too niche and too marmite to ever win, Lauren was too unlikable to win, and Reggie n Bollie and 4th Impact were foreigners so they had very little chance of winning either no matter how they sung.

So my point is that Louisa won a really hated series, Little Mix did not so there was more potential for them to turn around a slow sales start which still got them to number 1, Louisa will have to change nearly everything about her Music style just to have a chance to succeed in my view.

Headie 04-01-2016 04:55 PM

It's only because of streaming, if they didn't introduce streaming she would've been #2 based off official sales :shrug:

Amy Jade 04-01-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8388491)
Writing someone off because a winner's single didn't do brilliantly doesn't make much sense because that suggests a high-performing winner's single equates to long-lasting success, which has been proven to not necessarily be the case more times than not.

I'm not writing her off - but I do question her real fan following, I have a feeling she won't get as much support as people expect.

Gstar 04-01-2016 05:06 PM

Wasn't feeling the XF single. I'll wait for her own music, there is definitely a gap in the market for her amazing talent

LukeB 04-01-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 8391651)
It's only because of streaming, if they didn't introduce streaming she would've been #2 based off official sales :shrug:

Streaming is the new thing now, with Spotify/Apple Music..This is why Taylor Swift/Adele not putting their stuff on them is a good idea. People are still paying for that but a song needs like 100 plays for it to get a sale or something?

Gusto Brunt 05-01-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8385556)
Hahaha and people said she was the future of music :joker: this time next year she be serving us in McDonald's

Simon bought the sales that got her in the charts, but when it was left to Joe Public to keep there she drops like a ton weight.:joker:

Glenn. 05-01-2016 10:17 AM

Don't care for her anyway. She gave off an air of complete smugness and it was cringeworthy.

Ross. 09-10-2016 09:22 AM

Tears says hi

http://i.imgur.com/FF3ex0A.gif

Cal. 09-10-2016 09:52 AM

Lauren Murray won Best Performance at The National Reality TV awards so we know who won!