ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=683)
-   -   Is Kristina Racist? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295613)

LukeB 16-01-2016 03:06 PM

Is Kristina Racist?

When Tiffany was angry, Kristina said she was fearing for her life and wanted her gone etc but when Megan was angry.. which was worse than Tiffany's she didn't fear her and wanted her to stay.. I think Kristina was stereotyping here.

this is not about Kristina disliking Tiffany......

Vicky. 16-01-2016 03:10 PM

I don't know if she is racist, or if she just really does not like Tiffany.

Also I get the scared of Tiff but not of Megan thing. I posted in another thread that MEgan comes across seriously pathetic and I would probably laugh at her getting up in my face, but I would be more wary of Tiffany (and a few others).

Northern Monkey 16-01-2016 03:12 PM

Nobody has been racist so far in this series.Why are people so desperate for racism these days?

LukeB 16-01-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8429349)
Nobody has been racist so far in this series.Why are people so desperate for racism these days?

No one is desperate for racism, no one wants it to happen but I fell fearing a black female and not a white female who was worse is quite suspicious.. you do know some people avoid to walk pass black males/females like crossing the road because they think something is going to happen.. which is stereotyping.. Kristina fearing Tiffany and not Megan is going to get people wondering this kind of stuff.

Jake. 16-01-2016 03:19 PM

like vicky said, megan's the type I'd end up laughing at because she ends up looking like a screaming beetroot

I'd be far more wary of tiff kicking off

Northern Monkey 16-01-2016 03:20 PM

Megan is a skinny little girl who's about as scary as a bunch of flowers.Tiffany is bigger in stature and looks like she could drop someone if she caught them right.Colour is of little importance.

LukeB 16-01-2016 03:27 PM

Tiffany may be bigger but her reaction was normal like any other persons and the people fearing her was quite pathetic and OTT.. It was harmless nothing to be scared of but people like to stereotype. I would fear Megan if i was in that house if she acted like that and not Tiffany

Vicky. 16-01-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8429371)
Megan is a skinny little girl who's about as scary as a bunch of flowers.Tiffany is bigger in stature and looks like she could drop someone if she caught them right.Colour is of little importance.

Indeed.

Of the women I would be more wary of Daniella, Gemma, Tiff, maybe Nancy and possibly Angie.

I would laugh in the face of Kristina, Megan and Stephanie if they started.

Dominic 16-01-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 8429349)

It's not fearing for racism. In fact I don't think anyone thinks that Kristina is making racist comments or whatever, it's just her and a few other housemates make it obvious they're naturally intimidated by black housemates, or just more fond of their own race.

hot2go 16-01-2016 03:40 PM

Megan was psycho and drunk....Tiffany was psycho and sober....both stupid idiots but I've yet to see anyone go as crazy as Tiffany when sober....she is def the most disturbed.....I see no reason to associate being disturbed with race or colour....it's not racist, Tiffany is just a fruit cake

Shaun 16-01-2016 03:40 PM

No

Drew. 16-01-2016 03:41 PM

Definitely not

hot2go 16-01-2016 03:42 PM

Megan was correct in her observations, Tiffany was totally incorrect in hers.....both were wrong in their delivery

Lostie! 16-01-2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8429343)
I don't know if she is racist, or if she just really does not like Tiffany.

Exactly this tbh.

I think accusations of racism are being too casually flung around at the moment, it's a pretty serious thing to publicly accuse someone of.

LukeB 16-01-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8429433)
Exactly this tbh.

I think accusations of racism are being too casually flung around at the moment, it's a pretty serious thing to publicly accuse someone of.

it's only flung around because of what people say and do tbh, black people get treated different to white people, so of course Kristina fearing Tiffany and not Megan is going to raise eyebrows. And the ghetto comment has offended people so people are going to talk about that.

Ninastar 16-01-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8429433)
Exactly this tbh.

Once again well said. Remind me to nominate you in the tibb nominations thread :love:

hot2go 16-01-2016 03:50 PM

Why if some one attacks Tiffany on here then they get called racist but if someone attacks John they don't get called homophobic.....some very immature people about......are Tiffany fans so inarticulate that their only defence of Tiffanys appalling personality is that she's not white...what an insult to black people that is ....

aj2463 16-01-2016 03:52 PM

Kristina seems really reserved, non-existent at times.. Maybe Tiff just ain't her cup of tea.. That's giving Kristina the benefit of the doubt of course

chuff me dizzy 16-01-2016 03:54 PM

http://www.beagardner.com/wp-content...of-barrell.png

chuff me dizzy 16-01-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8429441)
Why if some one attacks Tiffany on here then they get called racist but if someone attacks John they don't get called homophobic.....some very immature people about......are Tiffany fans so inarticulate that their only defence of Tiffanys appalling personality is that she's not white...what an insult to black people that is ....

Post of the day :clap1:

LukeB 16-01-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

That's not the point... people can say what they want etc but it's about treating people differently because of who they are...

Macie Lightfoot 16-01-2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

because the Angry Gay Man isn't a perpetuated stereotype while the Angry Black Woman is?

hot2go 16-01-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot (Post 8429489)
because the Angry Gay Man isn't a perpetuated stereotype while the Angry Black Woman is?

I disagree ....I don't associate being a black female with being angry or hysterical .....this week I've seen an angry black woman and an angry white woman both behaving as bad as each other.....the only difference being that one was sober and one was drunk...even tho being drunk excuses nothing it does however explain a lot....Tiffany went into melt down at lunch time while totally sober....her behaviour around Angie Bowie in the aftermath of her stupid stupid mistake is something that should be used against her every nominations day between now and when she gets booted out

Macie Lightfoot 16-01-2016 04:20 PM

do you understand that why you personally associate doesn't change perpetuated stereotypes? Your post pretty much reads "well I don't associate black women with being hysterical or angry so there's no way that anybody else does ever"

alex_front2 16-01-2016 05:00 PM

To be fair I can envisage that before Kristina moved out of Eastern Europe to USA she probably never met a black person before. That's quite probable. I notice many - but obviously not all - Eastern Europeans in my experience are a bit sniffy about black people. My Polish friend often shouts at and rebukes racist Polish people in London who are racist in the language and think they can get away with it , unbenownst there is a fellow speaker their midst and she snaps at these people ALOT. I hope this is not the case with Kristina