ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=683)
-   -   Dismissing Darren's reactions (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297215)

Cherie 03-02-2016 08:45 AM

Dismissing Darren's reactions

Seen it a few times now, Darren is used to flirty behaviour, he needs to get over himself etc etc, Darren has gone in there with a womanising and addiction background, and he wanted to change viewer perception, he has has to deal with John nominating him because he might fall back into addiction and he has had to deal with Tiffany flirting with him even though he has indicated several times he is happily married and not interested. Darren knows he had to tread carefully he knows the show can be edited to show him in a make or break way. I can understand why he has kept himself on the down low in there and especially why he avoids Tiffany

MrWong 03-02-2016 08:54 AM

He's so petrified of being edited badly it's made him incredibly guarded and boring.

He's not even wallpaper, he's the paste :sleep:

Cherie 03-02-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWong (Post 8486767)
He's so petrified of being edited badly it's made him incredibly guarded and boring.

He's not even wallpaper, he's the paste :sleep:

I know but he has explained he has gone in there to change public perception, so it's hard to blame him especially with Tiffany trying to mix it up, he is my least favourite type of HM, keeps his head down and coasts to the final, but I can understand why he has reacted to Tiffany the way he has, it's not that he can't handle her, it's because he doesn't want to

chuff me dizzy 03-02-2016 09:18 AM

He's been so dignified ,he can hold his head high

Marsh. 03-02-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8486760)
he has has to deal with John nominating him because he might fall back into addiction

Eh? :conf:

joeysteele 03-02-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8486800)

Absolutely.he can indeed.

waterhog 03-02-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8486760)
Seen it a few times now, Darren is used to flirty behaviour, he needs to get over himself etc etc, Darren has gone in there with a womanising and addiction background, and he wanted to change viewer perception, he has has to deal with John nominating him because he might fall back into addiction and he has had to deal with Tiffany flirting with him even though he has indicated several times he is happily married and not interested. Darren knows he had to tread carefully he knows the show can be edited to show him in a make or break way. I can understand why he has kept himself on the down low in there and especially why he avoids Tiffany

when you think how much temptation he has had with his problems - it really is a strength to object to it. great post and observation Cherie.

MrWong 03-02-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8486771)
I know but he has explained he has gone in there to change public perception, so it's hard to blame him especially with Tiffany trying to mix it up, he is my least favourite type of HM, keeps his head down and coasts to the final, but I can understand why he has reacted to Tiffany the way he has, it's not that he can't handle her, it's because he doesn't want to

Jim went in for that reason too, to change public perception but he didn't try to stay under the radar and coast to the end.

I hate the **** but at least he got involved.

Cherie 03-02-2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8486808)
Eh? :conf:

Have you forgotten John nominating him face to face as part of the box task :laugh:

Cherie 03-02-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterhog (Post 8486812)
when you think how much temptation he has had with his problems - it really is a strength to object to it. great post and observation Cherie.

Thank you Hog, you are most wise

lostalex 03-02-2016 09:35 AM

he's old, he's just here to collect a check.

Cherie 03-02-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWong (Post 8486816)
Jim went in for that reason too, to change public perception but he didn't try to stay under the radar and coast to the end.

I hate the **** but at least he got involved.

Jim didn't have someone trying to divest him of his pants though :laugh:

Amy Jade 03-02-2016 09:37 AM

He's just boring for me, every few episodes he brings up John nominating him or Tiffany finding him attractive.

He's trying to get the sympathy vote imo

Patricia4 03-02-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8486800)

He can Chuff I think he's been a great housemate and the other night with his songs was very funny.

MrWong 03-02-2016 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8486838)
Jim didn't have someone trying to divest him of his pants though :laugh:

He had worse. He had to deal with the Nolan :D

Cherie 03-02-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWong (Post 8486849)
He had worse. He had to deal with the Nolan :D

:laugh: she handed him the win really

Ammi 03-02-2016 10:24 AM

..yeah this is what I have been saying and thinking since Tiffany's first playful flirtations, that there is no way that THE Darren Day would feel any awkwardness or embarrassment but it's not just that I don't believe that he's not felt any, it's the displays in the DR of 'fake shock' as well and OTT...and equally I think it's been the same with John and his nomination...how hurt he felt and how deep the pain of it all ran and cut through him like a knife...:laugh:...I can understand why he's given nothing of himself in his fears and as he said, he wants to become employable again and I wish him good luck with that but in terms of a housemate, however understanding of why he's been how he's been, it makes no difference really in that he's not a deserving winner because he's given us virtually nothing at all...so for me, it's separating the reasons why he's gone into the house..(which are outside of the house things...)..from his time in the house and the housemate he's been...his 'reward' if you like, is that he'll probably do ok now outside of the house and good luck with that...but this is about his time inside the house as all other housemate's times are...

hazyjo 03-02-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8486931)
..yeah this is what I have been saying and thinking since Tiffany's first playful flirtations, that there is no way that THE Darren Day would feel any awkwardness or embarrassment but it's not just that I don't believe that he's not felt any, it's the displays in the DR of 'fake shock' as well and OTT...

Just wanted to say that the OLD Darren probably was cocky and flirtatious and confident as a result of his addictions. Deep down, he probably is exactly as we're seeing him on CBB. My OH is exactly the same. The stories he could tell you and the things he's done lol - but now he's 'normal', he's quite the prude and finds things like that so cringey. If anyone came onto him now, he'd probably panic and think horrendously of them!

reece(: 03-02-2016 11:16 AM

One of the biggest bores since Gareth Thomas.

cassieparis 03-02-2016 12:49 PM

Darren knows that if he engages with Tiffany his personality will be seen for what it is.
A shyster trying to pull a fast one of the BB audience.

If he's truly committed to his sobriety he'd be able to challenge Tiff's teasing and deal with it for what it is. The real Darren wants to tell Tiffany to get the 'eff away because although he's repulsed his disease wants to play. IMO.

chuff me dizzy 03-02-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassieparis (Post 8487153)
Darren knows that if he engages with Tiffany his personality will be seen for what it is.
A shyster trying to pull a fast one of the BB audience.

If he's truly committed to his sobriety he'd be able to challenge Tiff's teasing and deal with it for what it is. The real Darren wants to tell Tiffany to get the 'eff away because although he's repulsed his disease wants to play. IMO.

Rubbish,he doesn't like her or her slutty talk

bitontheslide 03-02-2016 12:55 PM

I'm hoping and believe Darren will do better than many of the finalists, he has just been a nice, normal guy. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually won.

cassieparis 03-02-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8487155)
Rubbish,he doesn't like her or her slutty talk

I didn't say Darren likes her. He's repulsed. Doesn't mean that when he isn't focused on his recovery his mind doesn't like intrigue and innuendo. It does. He's an addict.

joeysteele 03-02-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 8487162)
I'm hoping and believe Darren will do better than many of the finalists, he has just been a nice, normal guy. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually won.

I see it that way too, I think he has just tried to do the right thing and put his wilder past behind him.
very sad he gets criticised for now having some morals and acting in a decent way most of the time.
While still acknowledging his faults from his past too.

I said this a couple of weeks back, when on earth did being nice become a crime.

susie q 03-02-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostalex (Post 8486837)
he's old, he's just here to collect a check.

The ageism on the forum this year has been disgraceful.