ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB 1 - 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   Does Dirk need to lighten up? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29744)

Mike 25-01-2007 09:00 PM

Does Dirk need to lighten up?

What does everyone think does Dirk need to lighten up? just thought i would see what peoples opinions are as i know there are mixed views on this one.

easypeasy 25-01-2007 09:01 PM

No, he's great already.

Jay 25-01-2007 09:03 PM

I like Dirk but he needs to cheer up abit as theres only a few days left.

Chrizzle 25-01-2007 09:04 PM

I think Dirk is funny when hes happy and when hes miserable.
Sometimes, when he ignores people its pathetic, but overall I do think hes funny.

MarkWaldorf 25-01-2007 09:30 PM

Yes. :thumbs:

Sasha 25-01-2007 09:32 PM

he is so wicked when in a good mood.

That dance to man in the mirror was class.

But when he moans.... its crap

sol 25-01-2007 09:33 PM

Yeah definately, I'm starting to dislike him cos of his constant mood swings.

JeanP! 25-01-2007 09:34 PM

yep :sleep:

abs 25-01-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by easypeasy
No, he's great already.
of course!

i mean, look at jo. moaning every 5mins. & cleo & danielle keep setting her off aswell, by mentioning dirks name. the outsiders ( non english) in the top 3 on sunday...

:thumbs:

Diablo 25-01-2007 11:41 PM

I think he could lighten up a bit.. I liked him at first but now I find him annoying..

Nowhere 25-01-2007 11:46 PM

Missed tonights highlight show, so unless Dirk was particularly miserable, I think he's fine.

Diablo 25-01-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nowhere
Missed tonights highlight show, so unless Dirk was particularly miserable, I think he's fine.
he was actually ok in tonights show.. he hid a bottle of soy sauce in his drawer so Jo & Jack were talking about him because of that..

Nowhere 25-01-2007 11:54 PM

lol, bit of a strange thing to hide! why'd he hide soy sauce? was he playing a prank on someone who couldn't find it?:laugh:

Diablo 25-01-2007 11:55 PM

I dont think it was aprank.. it was so no-one would use it.. lol

Nowhere 25-01-2007 11:57 PM

lol! thanks for info Diablo :thumbs:

Diablo 25-01-2007 11:59 PM

as i said he wasn't bad on tonights show.. I just dont like him as much as I used to.. I dont hate him though.. he's kind of in the middle..

He was talking about when he used to get a lot of death threats too..

Mike 26-01-2007 12:04 AM

I think Dirk is great personally but i do feel he needs to chill a bit and instead of just laughing and joking on his terms join in with everyone else instead of looking angry for no reason.

Nowhere 26-01-2007 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mike
I think Dirk is great personally but i do feel he needs to chill a bit and instead of just laughing and joking on his terms join in with everyone else instead of looking angry for no reason.
In Dirks defence though, the Cleo incident was really the only time when he took offence to someone else' joke.. He doesn't have a problem with Jos' banter, or Ians, I think Cleo just took it too far that night. Good to see they've made up now though (at least for the time being)

Diablo 26-01-2007 12:10 AM

I didn't like when he poured the whiskey in the bin... I so wanted him to say "feck off its my whiskey and you aint getting any"

Nowhere 26-01-2007 12:11 AM

^ Yeah me too, afterall he wasted his whiskey, not only did the girls have half his whiskey, but they were insulting him when he got into bed!! Unbelievable.

Diablo 26-01-2007 12:13 AM

and it was Jade of all people who came out asking for it..

Nowhere 26-01-2007 12:17 AM

^Yep. Too mouthy for her own good.

Ruth 26-01-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nowhere
lol, bit of a strange thing to hide! why'd he hide soy sauce? was he playing a prank on someone who couldn't find it?:laugh:
He didn't HIDE the sauce. He has soy sauce without sugar in it - the rest of the house have the sauce with the sugar in it.

Jo and Jack were talking about peeing in it and filling it with sugar - disgraceful behaviour by the two of them, but then again, who is surprised?

I don't think Dirk needs to lighten up at all. If I was in the house with some of those housemates, I wouldn't be very happy. He's actually a very funny and entertaining guy, who- despite what the other housemates think - is definitely able to laugh at himself.

I've been a fan for a long time. People who meet him (fans and colleagues) always say what a great, friendly guy he is. I had never heard anything negative about him until he went into the house - and Jo, Danielle, Jade, Jack and Cleo would be enough to bring anyone down.

Nowhere 26-01-2007 09:43 AM

Yep, I watched the HL show this morning Ruth, and now realize why he took it.
Personally I'd love to be in the company of Dirk, he's a very easy-going, funny guy.The selection of the HMs' is bringing him down a little I think, which is definately fair enough, 50% of them are trying their best to push him to breaking point, especially Cleo. :bored: I hope to see more of him when he's out of the Big Brother house. :spin:

GlitterEyes 26-01-2007 09:47 AM

I think Dirk needs to learn how to take a joke. He is very happy when he is giving it out but when they are at him he finds that hard to cope with. As the oldest contestant I can understand why he is grumpy and to an extent boring at times but when he is on top form he is a great housemate.