ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Junior doctor Rose Polge, 25, from Devon, has not been seen since Friday (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297986)

arista 15-02-2016 08:22 PM

Junior doctor Rose Polge, 25, from Devon, has not been seen since Friday

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...5530077111.jpg

[Police divers have been called
in to help the search for a
missing female junior doctor after
volunteers say they found her
hooded jacket on a beach close
to where her car was found
abandoned.
Volunteers searching for
junior doctor Rose Polge, 25,
say they found the jumper on
rocks on a beach in Torquay
on Sunday evening.]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz40H32dN2T

I hope she is found Safe

Shaun 15-02-2016 08:24 PM

All over the news here, have a few mutual friends with her :( hope she's found, but it's not looking good...

Kizzy 15-02-2016 08:26 PM

I hope she's found safe too :(

Lee. 15-02-2016 08:35 PM

What a gorgeous girl.. Really hope she's found safe and well!

the truth 15-02-2016 09:15 PM

lets hope the police and coastguard can find her

zakman440 15-02-2016 09:39 PM

She grew up not far from where I live - I do hope that she's okay. I can't begin to imagine what the family is currently going through :(.

DemolitionRed 15-02-2016 09:51 PM

I agree, its not looking good. My thoughts for her and her family and friends

Denver 15-02-2016 10:09 PM

Omg I used to live in Torquay hope she is found safe

Ammi 16-02-2016 01:57 PM

The family of missing doctor Rose Polge say they have been "overwhelmed" by the support of her friends and colleagues, as the search for the 25-year-old continues.

Police divers are among those trying to find Dr Polge, who works at Torbay Hospital in Torquay.

She was last seen on Friday, 12 February. Her car was found in a car park near Anstey's Cove, near Torquay at 6pm that day.

Her family said in a statement released by police: "We would like to thank everyone for their help, hope and kind words.

"The support we have received from family and friends has been much appreciated, and clearly Rose is loved far and wide.

"We are overwhelmed by the support from her friends and colleagues, dozens of whom have been combing the Devon Coast in search of Rose.

"As the search continues we would appreciate some privacy from the press in our time of distress."

The doctor is understood to have left a message for a loved one that is believed to have mentioned Jeremy Hunt.

The note is not believed to have been addressed to the Health Secretary directly.

Devon and Cornwall Police, which is investigating the disappearance, will not confirm or deny this.

It is understood that a hoodie found on the beach on Sunday night has been identified as belonging to Dr Polge.

Police officers, the coastguard, RNLI and Dartmoor search and rescue are also involved in the hunt for the 25-year-old.

A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: "Due to the volume of information we are receiving from the public, a new dedicated log has been set up solely for public information on the missing person Rose Polge.

"If you have seen Rose or have any information that could help police with their inquiries, please call 101 quoting log 704 for the 15th February."

Dr Polge is described as 5ft 2ins tall with brown eyes and long black hair either worn down or in a pony tail.

Police have previously said they were "extremely concerned" for her welfare.

A Department of Health spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with Dr Polge's family and friends at an extremely difficult time."

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/missing-do...135924400.html

..just unimaginable for her family...

DemolitionRed 16-02-2016 02:57 PM

Rose had been involved in the protests and is believed to have walked out 'stressed' in the middle of her hospital shift on the day she went missing. This is looking more and more like a suicide.

http://www.newsusauk.com/news/246465...tal-shift.html

Ammi 16-02-2016 03:00 PM

...I would sadly say very likely suicide as she left a note for a close family member...

Niamh. 16-02-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8519591)
...I would sadly say very likely suicide as she left a note for a close family member...

Oh :( such a shame, what a beautiful and obviously intelligent young girl

Ammi 16-02-2016 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8519595)
Oh :( such a shame, what a beautiful and obviously intelligent young girl

...yeah I know, 'to have it all', type thing but we don't know anything of her life atm or any possible ill mental health, just so, so sad and will be awful for her family to feel the helplessness if it is suicide...

DemolitionRed 16-02-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8519591)

Yes but was that not by text? I haven't found anything that says it was a hand written note.

Her family have said that although she was tired from her shifts and annoyed with Hunts new contract, she was a happy bubbly person. A doctor knows the easy way out and has access to the right sort of medicines. I think they are going to find Rose in the water (I hope not) which if it is a suicide, would be a horribly unpredictable way to go.

I can't look at her picture without getting a chill...geez, I can't even type her name without the hair standing up on the back of my neck.

Poor Rose.

Cherie 16-02-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 8519667)
Yes but was that not by text? I haven't found anything that says it was a hand written note.

Her family have said that although she was tired from her shifts and annoyed with Hunts new contract, she was a happy bubbly person. A doctor knows the easy way out and has access to the right sort of medicines. I think they are going to find Rose in the water (I hope not) which if it is a suicide, would be a horribly unpredictable way to go.

I can't look at her picture without getting a chill...geez, I can't even type her name without the hair standing up on the back of my neck.

Poor Rose.

It would be a bit of a stretch to pin this on Hunt if the poor girl did take her life

Ammi 16-02-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 8519667)

Poor Rose.

..I'm not entirely sure tbh, the article I just posted described 'message' and then in the next paragraph, referred to 'note', so it's just something that we're going to have to wait for more information...I don't think that there is ever a predictable with a confused or unhealthy mind though...and if it is suicide, her pain would have blocked all reasoning and thought processing...

LeatherTrumpet 16-02-2016 04:02 PM

she will be dead

arista 16-02-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8519742)
she will be dead

Yes she left a note for
with words for Hunt

So young,
this is so Tragic.

The Waters are being searched
some of her clothes found on a beach.

Ammi 16-02-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8519904)
Yes she left a note for
with words for Hunt

So young,
this is so Tragic.

The Waters are being searched
some of her clothes found on a beach.

..you changed your post and rightly so...you were most wise there...

smudgie 16-02-2016 05:16 PM

Poor girl.
It isn't looking good for her.

Kizzy 16-02-2016 06:48 PM

I wondered if it was anything to do with the fact she was a junior dr yesterday, but just couldn't bring myself to say it :(

arista 17-02-2016 12:47 AM

http://media.skynews.com/media/image...-1-992x558.jpg

http://media.skynews.com/media/image...-1-992x558.jpg

Ammi 17-02-2016 05:38 AM

..I have a sad feeling that the media will make it all about Jeremy Hunt now..

Ammi 17-02-2016 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8518330)
All over the news here, have a few mutual friends with her :( hope she's found, but it's not looking good...

..:hug:..I know how much this sort of thing casts a deep sadness over a whole community...

hijaxers 17-02-2016 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8521136)
..I have a sad feeling that the media will make it all about Jeremy Hunt now..

It could be that that was exactly what she wanted to do