ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   George Shelley quits Union J, accuses them of being jealous. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298738)

Denver 04-03-2016 12:35 AM

George Shelley quits Union J, accuses them of being jealous.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...breaking-split

George Shelley is out of Union J – and the gloves are off as both sides openly blame each other for the split.

A spokesperson for Shelley has confirmed to Digital Spy that he is longer with Union J, in the wake of the group publicly announcing that they are looking for a new member.

"​It was a mutual decision for George to leave Union J so he could focus on his broadcasting and acting career​," ​Shelley​'s representative told us

The Shelley​ statement continued: "​He is now a regular part of the Capital FM Breakfast Show, hosted the Brits Red Carpet Live and recently completed shooting on BBC3's Murder in Successville.

"He is an utterly charming and hard working individual - not a diva in the slightest.

"The fact of the matter is that the other members of Union J are simply jealous he has achieved the start of an exciting new career and they have not.

"George had agreed to be totally magnanimous towards them, but unfortunately this has not been reciprocated."

​In Union J's own blistering statement, member Jaymi Hensley​ admitted to The Sun that he feels "bitter" about the divide: "It's heart-breaking. I spoke to him the other day and I said I'm heartbroken over this. I am absolutely devastated. This is taking up all my time and affecting my home life.

"It brings us down. When you turn up to something and the other person can't be there, or they are turning up late. That makes you not love the project. One negative view can ruin it for everyone."

Josh Cuthbert also complained that George's "head space was different" ever since he became a breakout star on I'm a Celebrity last autumn.

"Using a sporting analogy, he wanted to turn up to the big matches but not turn up to training," Cuthbert said.

When Jaymi added that, in the end, George didn't want to "take the jump" with Union J, bandmate Josh quipped: "He may be in The Jump next year, though!"

Digital Spy has reached out to representatives for Union J for additional comment.

Union J have already been removed from Shelley's Twitter bio, and just yesterday George was hinting on Instagram at potential new music.

Although George Shelley has been a key member of the boyband, he was not actually in the original lineup.

Josh Cuthbert, JJ Hamblett and Jaymi Hensley were first known as Triple J, prior to their X Factor audition in 2012

Since their fourth-place finish on the ITV talent show, Union J have released two albums and amassed four UK top-ten hits.

Shelley struck out on his own to enter the jungle last year for ITV's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! – winning a whole new group of fans on his quest to finishing as runner-up.

He's more recently received waves of public support for saying that he's been in love with both men and women in the past – while stressing that he doesn't wish to put an "old-fashioned" label on his sexuality.

Jordan. 04-03-2016 12:40 AM

they should all quit they're never gonna happen

reece(: 04-03-2016 12:42 AM

Quote:

When Jaymi added that, in the end, George didn't want to "take the jump" with Union J, bandmate Josh quipped: "He may be in The Jump next year, though!"
Lmao

Jack_ 04-03-2016 12:55 AM

And with that, the band is over

This is sad though that it ended so badly :(

Shaun 04-03-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

his broadcasting and acting career
good luck with that. He makes Tom Daley seem exciting.

Jamie89 04-03-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8546659)
Union J have released two albums and amassed four UK top-ten hits.

I completely missed that happening :unsure:

Vanessa 04-03-2016 05:36 PM

There's no band without George. He was the best thing about it :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 04-03-2016 05:40 PM

He needs to face up to the fact that they never were a band

and that his media career is a flop

he needs to get a job

Jack_ 06-05-2016 07:10 PM

I can't believe they're doing this...they're about to replace him :umm2: not going down well

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Chy5NKSWEAExRe5.jpg:large

Black Dagger 06-05-2016 07:11 PM

It's probably Jake Quickenden isn't it :joker:

Black Dagger 06-05-2016 07:13 PM

Only care if it's King Jack Walton though.

reece(: 06-05-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8639207)
Only care if it's King Jack Walton though.

Jack deserves better than this trash

Black Dagger 06-05-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 8639208)
Jack deserves better than this trash

Well obviously. This might get him #38 in the charts though, I'll take what I can get!

Jack_ 06-05-2016 07:16 PM

Guarantee it's a reject member from another X Factor group

Amy Jade 06-05-2016 07:16 PM

George is replaceable. I liked him before IAC but the guys dull...if they get somebody good in and produce good music then good luck to them

Smithy 06-05-2016 07:17 PM

Louis Tomlinson

Headie 06-05-2016 07:18 PM

Mess I thought they split already

Jack_ 06-05-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8639212)
George is replaceable. I liked him before IAC but the guys dull

And JJ and Josh aren't? :joker: Jaymi has always been the only one with a personality in this group and the only reason they ever had fans was because of George

I cannot believe they've bothered...why not just go back to Triple J?

Firewire 06-05-2016 07:19 PM

Charlie George?

Headie 06-05-2016 07:20 PM

Mess if they choose a new member just because their name begins with J

Jack_ 06-05-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 8639218)
Charlie George?

oh God I'd be here for this please no

Amy Jade 06-05-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8639215)
And JJ and Josh aren't? :joker: Jaymi has always been the only one with a personality in this group and the only reason they ever had fans was because of George

I cannot believe they've bothered...why not just go back to Triple J?

I think that's a bit of a stretch, they only have fans because of one member? lol

LukeB 06-05-2016 07:22 PM

Union J are awful :umm2: the label needs to drop them.

Amy Jade 06-05-2016 07:23 PM

I think it's one of the Sugababes replacing him. Mutya?

Jack_ 06-05-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8639221)
I think that's a bit of a stretch, they only have fans because of one member? lol

I don't :joker: did you see the reactions from fans when he left? Do you see the reaction from those on that tweet now?

George always got the most attention during X Factor and continued to do so afterwards too, I mean why would IAC ask him to join the cast when Jaymi's quite clearly better value?