ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reality TV (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   'Shipwrecked' girl receives death threats (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29908)

Arneldo 27-01-2007 11:32 PM

\'Shipwrecked\' girl receives death threats

Quote:

A reality TV website has received chilling threats directed at Shipwrecked star Lucy Buchanan.

Buchanan, 18, caused outrage by describing black people as "really bad" and suggesting that slavery should be brought back in a recent episode of the island-based reality series.

One message on the Islandoo website, run by show producers RDF Media, read: "If I was on the island I would have cut your throat in your sleep."

Another said: "God help you when you get back to this country. I'd watch your back... there are too many people baying for your blood."

Filming for the show has now been completed and Buchanan returned to her home in Edinburgh yesterday. Police have warned members of the public to remain calm.

A spokesman told The Mirror: "We'd urge restraint. We will investigate the threats if a complaint is made."
DS

Ella 27-01-2007 11:33 PM

Yeah, I heard aout that, But what she said was horrid! She wanted slavery to be bought back and immagrants and black people should be slaves. I don't feel sorry for her at all, she's a stuck up little girl, shes 18 and has views like that, It's scary.

Sophii3x 28-01-2007 08:15 AM

I expected it really
After the stuff she's said
I have no sympathy for her whatsoever

Ruth*Star 28-01-2007 09:05 AM

shes gone to far in what shes said, i have no sympathy for her if anything happens to her. she should'nt of said it, she should of thought before she spoke.

GlitterEyes 28-01-2007 10:33 AM

I think her herself isn't the problem...she is only 18 and has got them views from somewhere. Her parents maybe, her school enviroment or somewhere else but having such strong views at 18 years old is madness. She ADMITS to being racist so this is much worse than big brother alleged racism imo. However I think seeing this girl at the end of her stay...her views will have made a complete turn around and she will learn alot. If she still has the same views at the end I would be deeply shocked.

MarkWaldorf 28-01-2007 10:38 AM

And only after the first episode. She could turn out to be everyone's favourite. I think it was taken a little too far.

GlitterEyes 28-01-2007 10:48 AM

I think she has a mountain to climb but I am shocked at how open she is being on the first show. I thought most people would hold a bit back but she let it all out. I think the only way is up for her because he cannot get any lower. Would be good seeing her views change by the end.

ttw 29-01-2007 02:27 PM

Good...

Well, that's a bit harsh, she doesn't deserve to die but still...