ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   US women's soccer team demand equal pay to USMNT (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299802)

alex_front2 31-03-2016 08:00 PM

US women's soccer team demand equal pay to USMNT

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sage/82466586/

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...discrimination

Basically US women don't get paid for world cup qualifiers but the men do, and the men get paid a lot more for friendly games. The women won the world cup...

Your thoughts on this, please.

Ninastar 31-03-2016 08:08 PM

They do the same amount of football, it should be the same amount of pay really.

Cherie 31-03-2016 10:29 PM

If they are generating more revenue they should be paid more

BBfanUSA 31-03-2016 11:14 PM

Well, they can actually advance in the world cup unlike the men's team why not. *sips tea*

Cherie 01-04-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBfanUSA (Post 8590525)
Well, they can actually advance in the world cup unlike the men's team why not. *sips tea*

Sips tea also

LeatherTrumpet 01-04-2016 01:41 PM

lol, i dont think women play football :joker:

can some one check this

:think:

armand.kay 01-04-2016 01:44 PM

If people aren't watching women's soccer as much as they watch men's then why should they expect the same pay :shrug:

Cherie 01-04-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 8591015)
If people aren't watching women's soccer as much as they watch men's then why should they expect the same pay :shrug:

Read the article women's football generated 20m more than mens :fist:

BBfanUSA 01-04-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8591019)
Read the article women's football generated 20m more than mens :fist:

*US Soccer actually

Tom4784 01-04-2016 04:28 PM

The Women's team is more successful and high profile at this point, I know more female US players then male ones.

There's no reason why they shouldn't be paid as much, or more, as the males since the females are arguably the bigger draw here.

Cherie 01-04-2016 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBfanUSA (Post 8591127)
*US Soccer actually

Aw yeah of course you call it soccer, it's football here

Alf 01-04-2016 05:14 PM

No sports person should be paid for representing their Country, it should be an honour and privilege to be asked to wear your Country's colours.

alex_front2 01-04-2016 06:44 PM

This is a conundrum. If women, U21 or kids are more successful than men should they get paid more? Eg World Cup England women's team came #3. Could have won whole tournament if US faltered in final. The men could not get out of a group with past it Italy and drew dead rubber against Costa Rica. Should Lucy Bronze et al get paid more than Rooney et al? Also should US men get paid more than England as they did reach R16. The Ghanaian's got paid the most weirdly

This boils down to fact that men's sport is superior than women's, most sports fans are men. Men by and large don't generally care about women's sport (unless it's beach volleyball or hot good tennis players). Guys didn't dash home or to the pub to watch the women's world cup. The BBC tried to big up the viewing figures but they were shockingly relatively low considering its football. Not a single football broadcasting pub near me showed the women's matches.

I understand the women's game in US is popular because the women triumphed and are good (but the US will get behind any sport they are good at eg tiddlywinks). As soon as the men's USMNT become a national force to compete with Spain, Brazil, Germany, France and Argentina and reach WORLD Cup finals the women's team will be swiftly forgotten about I suspect.

Biology just mena the best athletes are men. I love Serena Williams but Novak Djokovic could play the entire women's top 20 in a day and not break serve let alone break a sweat, the women wouldn't even get a point. On a tangent, knock on effect, now that they have allowed pre op transgender people to compete i will be very interested to see the impact it has on womens sport. Caitlin Jenner at 56 could still compete against women and win easily. Tiger Woods comes out as trans and competes on the women's tour....

Vicky. 01-04-2016 06:47 PM

Should be a set amount of pay per hour for both men and womens. And then those more popular top up their pay with sponsors and such. Same for the tennis crap thats being bitched about. Would sol;ve a lot of 'stress'

For tennis basic tourney cash money, that can be topped up by sponsors if they wish to

That way the more popular athletes continue to be paid more (as they should be) and noone can moan about it

alex_front2 01-04-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 8591223)
No sports person should be paid for representing their Country, it should be an honour and privilege to be asked to wear your Country's colours.

That's a nice quaint notion, but in the real world not all players are on Rooney £300k a week mega salaries, some players don't even play in a confederates league. Some players for Faroe Islands, San Marino have to take time off work to participate in qualifications (no chance of qualifying, too). The Albanians aren't exactly rolling in dosh either.

Alf 02-04-2016 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8591345)
That's a nice quaint notion, but in the real world not all players are on Rooney £300k a week mega salaries, some players don't even play in a confederates league. Some players for Faroe Islands, San Marino have to take time off work to participate in qualifications (no chance of qualifying, too). The Albanians aren't exactly rolling in dosh either.

You seem to have some sort of beef with Rooney, I'm getting to think it's something personal he's done to you.

You gonna let us all in on the story of what Rooney did to earn your wrath?

Mystic Mock 02-04-2016 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 8590239)
They do the same amount of football, it should be the same amount of pay really.

This.

In fact the women should be being paid more than the men's side just for the fact that it's the more successful team.

alex_front2 02-04-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8591626)
This.

In fact the women should be being paid more than the men's side just for the fact that it's the more successful team.

So the England women should get laid more than the men, too?

Cherie 02-04-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8592733)

Not sure what their sex life has to do with it, but yes they should get paid more

Tom4784 02-04-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 8591223)

Well, no. It's a job so of course they should be paid for their services.

Patriotism is a foolish thing.

alex_front2 02-04-2016 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 8591614)
You seem to have some sort of beef with Rooney, I'm getting to think it's something personal he's done to you.

You gonna let us all in on the story of what Rooney did to earn your wrath?

Yes he ate my pet Illama and tried to shag my great great great great grandmother. The useless to$$er. :laugh:

Mystic Mock 03-04-2016 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8592733)

Laid more?:laugh:

But yes our women's team was much more successful so yes should've been paid more than our men's England Football team.

Who knows it might've given the men a kick up the backside for future tournaments if they actually did that pay as you play system for everybody.

Mystic Mock 03-04-2016 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8592758)
Well, no. It's a job so of course they should be paid for their services.

Patriotism is a foolish thing.

Well no it's not bad to have basic pride for your country.

I do agree however that it's gonna be hard ask for people to do a job for free, as really it's like the public would be watching Slaves playing a Sport on TV.

arista 03-04-2016 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBfanUSA (Post 8590525)

Good point
The Sexy USA womens team
do well .

I guess as its USA they may get the Cash.

Sign Of The Times

arista 03-04-2016 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8591186)
The Women's team is more successful and high profile at this point, I know more female US players then male ones.

There's no reason why they shouldn't be paid as much, or more, as the males since the females are arguably the bigger draw here.

How Nice