ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2016 [S13] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701)
-   -   Confirmed: Cheryl QUITS The X Factor (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299951)

zakman440 04-04-2016 10:06 PM

Confirmed: Cheryl QUITS The X Factor

Quote:

CHERYL has sensationally quit The X Factor, The Sun can reveal.

The Geordie superstar informed show boss and close friend Simon Cowell of her shock decision at dinner in Hollywood last week.

Close friends have revealed the ex-Girls Aloud singer – who has recently found love with One Direction heartthrob – wants to focus on her music career.

There is no fall out with Cowell, who previously sacked Cheryl from the US version of The X Factor in 2011, sparking a long-running feud.

In fact, Cowell wanted her to return and the pair had started talks about the new series.

The pal added: “Cheryl told Simon of her decision at dinner last week in LA. They have had many discussions about the new series but she finally made up her mine.

“Her relationship with Simon is the best it's ever been and they both are incredibly supportive of each other

“Last year was one of her favourite series, she had a lot of fun mentoring her groups and enjoyed working closely with the production team on the show.”

The Fight For This Love singer wants to return to her pop career, which she put on hold last year in order to focus on the show, where she mentored Reggie and Bollie to second place.

Cheryl is currently recording a new album in LA, where she is spending time with boyfriend Liam, which will be released before the end of the year.

The friend added: “Music is her number one passion and she has just started working on a new album which she wants out later this year.

“She’s having a great time in the US with Liam and getting back to her pop roots.

“Simon understands her reasons. He is supportive. X Factor will always be a special show for her as it changed her life.”

Cheryl – who Simon said was an executive producer on last year’s series – has offered to continue in an advisory capacity and has pledged to return to the show for a special live performance.

The friend said: “She has said she's always around for him to call if he wants a secondopinion on anything to do with the show.

“She's set to be back on the show as a performer with her new music later this year.”

In a world exclusive interview yesterday to mark the launch of The Sun’s new telly column Bizarre TV, Cowell said Cheryl was happy again after finding love with 1D’s Liam.

He said: “We had a really nice dinner. They’re like two little chipmunks madly in love.”

Cheryl’s surprise move sets up the biggest shake-up in X Factor history.

The Sun has already exclusive revealed how Olly Murs and Caroline Flack have been replaced as presenters after a year, with Dermot O’Leary signed to return.

In February we told how Nick Grimshaw quit as a judge before he was pushed and last week disclosed that original judge Louis Walsh is set to make a comeback in his place.

And on Sunday we broke the news that Sharon Osbourne is also in talks to return to the panel alongside her close friend Louis and ‘frenemy’ Cowell.

The move would reunite the original trio of judges who were a feature on the show between 2004 and 2007.

Rita Ora remains in talks about her future, but is also being heavily pursued by The Voice, where she featured for a year before being poached by Cowell.

A TV insider explained: “The panel was too young last year with Rita, Cheryl and Grimmy. Simon is obviously back and it would be very exciting to have him alongside his old muckers Louis and Sharon.

“But he’ll be very sad to lose Cheryl. They became incredibly close and when he returned to the UK show he made her return a bottom line.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ic-career.html
Good stuff.

UPDATE: This has now been confirmed by ITV.

Quote:

Cheryl has decided she will not be returning as a Judge for the next series of The X Factor.

The Girls Aloud star joined The X Factor in 2008. During her time on the show, she mentored two singers to victory - Alexandra Burke in 2008 and Joe McElderry in 2009. She left the show in 2010 before rejoining in 2014.
The singer met with Simon Cowell recently to inform him of her decision. She said: “I have had such an amazing experience being a judge on The X Factor. I have learnt so much and enjoyed nurturing talent but I’ve missed making music and am excited to be recording again.

“I want to thank everybody I have worked with along the way, especially Simon who I love to bits. I hope the show continues to produce stars and I wish them all the best.”

Simon noted: "Cheryl and myself spoke about this. I totally understand her commitment to making more records. She has been amazing on the show and in the near future we will be working on other things together.”

A spokesperson for The X Factor added: “Cheryl has been a great judge and mentor during her time on The X Factor, from her early years of winning with two of her acts – Alexandra Burke and Joe McElderry - through to last year’s series where she took Reggie ’N’ Bollie into the final. We’d like to thank Cheryl for her contribution to the show and wish her all the best with her return to music.”

Cheryl has enjoyed her involvement with the hit show but has decided to focus on her music career. She has started work on a new album which will be released later this year.

This will follow her successful albums; 3 Words, Messy Little Raindrops, A Million Lights and Only Human. She remains the first female British solo artist to have had five Number One singles.

http://www.itv.com/xfactor/news/cher...-x-factor-exit
We're one step closer to the Simon, Sharon, Nicole & Louis panel!

Pete. 04-04-2016 10:07 PM

Nicole is coming? :amazed:

(I'm a tad surprised isn't she executive producer?)

Braden 04-04-2016 10:07 PM

Jumped before she was pushed?

Ross. 04-04-2016 10:09 PM

Here for this if it means Nicole is on her way back

Saph 04-04-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

The Geordie superstar
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/whtstr.gif

Denver 04-04-2016 10:09 PM

They need to clinch a international female like P!nk or Avril

Lostie! 04-04-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 8595786)
Nicole is coming? :amazed:

(I'm a tad surprised isn't she executive producer?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross. (Post 8595789)
Here for this if it means Nicole is on her way back

Pleeaseeeee.

Pete. 04-04-2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 8595792)
They need to clinch a international female like P!nk or Avril

Kelly R?

Samm 04-04-2016 10:12 PM

bai, she was way different to how she was in 08-10 anyway on the show

Cal. 04-04-2016 10:14 PM

Hated her 2014 but her 2015 one was cute :(

Anyway, here for Louis and Shaz again. Not sure on Nicole Idk if she'd come back.

Samm 04-04-2016 10:15 PM

I love Nicole but I'll be amazing if it was just the original trio and it ended after this year

Jordan. 04-04-2016 10:17 PM

She's over

GiRTh 04-04-2016 10:19 PM

Strange I thought she was an exec producer. Looks like the next series is the final curtain.

Will. 04-04-2016 10:24 PM

Perched for Sharon!!!

joeysteele 04-04-2016 10:25 PM

Great news, her going will for sure help me enjoy X Factor more this year.

Black Dagger 04-04-2016 10:29 PM

Here comes Nicole :clap1:

Headie 04-04-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Cheryl – who Simon said was an executive producer on last year’s series – has offered to continue in an advisory capacity and has pledged to return to the show for a special live performance.
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...york-laugh.gif

Glenn. 04-04-2016 10:52 PM

Bye at people wanting Nicole back. Danni needs to return

Jack_ 04-04-2016 10:54 PM

^ bye Dannii's dull as hell

anyway yaaasss now PLEASE let this be the first step in forming the dream, perfect panel of all ex-judges - Simon, Sharon, Nicole, Louis :flutter: it would be so good <3

LukeB 04-04-2016 10:54 PM

Dannii > Nicole

here for Ashley Roberts stealing Nicole's job

Glenn. 04-04-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595863)
^ bye Dannii's dull as hell

Wow I've never seen such a wrong opinion

Jack_ 04-04-2016 10:58 PM

She is though :joker: she's a great judge in terms of constructive criticism, and a dedicated mentor, I will give her that - but X Factor's an entertainment show and she provides little or no drama which the show thrives and is built off

That said, I'd have welcomed a golden age Simon - Cheryl - Dannii - Louis panel for old times sake despite how much idc for the girls

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:00 PM

I really want this years to be Louis-Kelly Rowland-Dannii/Nicole-Simon

Black Dagger 04-04-2016 11:00 PM

DANNII HAD ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC MOMENTS WHEN SHE OUTED DANYL AND PEOPLE WANTED HER HEAD ON A STICK ty.

Pete. 04-04-2016 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8595871)
DANNII HAD ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC MOMENTS WHEN SHE OUTED DANYL AND PEOPLE WANTED HER HEAD ON A STICK ty.

This >>>