ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2016 [S13] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701)
-   -   Confirmed: Cheryl QUITS The X Factor (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299951)

Raph 04-04-2016 11:02 PM

Dannii was my favorite ever mentor on the show

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:03 PM

I wonder if Dannii and Sharon would do the show together :worry: Dannii > Sharon anyway

Glenn. 04-04-2016 11:04 PM

I'd take sweet Dani over a cackling old ****** like Sharon. And Louis needs to stay away. If last year proved anything. The show can be done without him.

Saph 04-04-2016 11:04 PM

Rachel Hylton at x factor 08 after party:
http://45.media.tumblr.com/c71fe09b5...gf5bo3_250.gif

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:06 PM

Judges coming back isn't amazing tbh :worry:

Simon 2.0
Cheryl 2.0
Sharon 2.0

imo lost their sparkle.

Jack_ 04-04-2016 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8595871)
DANNII HAD ONE OF THE MOST DRAMATIC MOMENTS WHEN SHE OUTED DANYL AND PEOPLE WANTED HER HEAD ON A STICK ty.

One out of four years is not a lot :nono: she's lovely and probably the best judge ever, but she does not make good TV in the context of what X Factor is

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8595875)
I wonder if Dannii and Sharon would do the show together :worry: Dannii > Sharon anyway

Not a chance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 8595877)
I'd take sweet Dani over a cackling old ****** like Sharon. And Louis needs to stay away. If last year proved anything. The show can be done without him.

Cackling old ***** are what make the show :cheer2: this isn't The Voice

and lmaooo last year's series was potentially the worst ever in the eyes of most people and critics? It was a complete mess and Dermot and Louis' departures have a hell of a lot to do with it. The X Factor is not supposed to be a bastion of music credibility or a constructive talent contest, it masquerades as one but it's weekend, primetime entertainment show at its trashiest best

If people want something serious stick to The Voice?

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595868)
She is though :joker: she's a great judge in terms of constructive criticism, and a dedicated mentor, I will give her that - but X Factor's an entertainment show and she provides little or no drama which the show thrives and is built off

That said, I'd have welcomed a golden age Simon - Cheryl - Dannii - Louis panel for old times sake despite how much idc for the girls

Yeah, we all love the "drama", the arguing over a "rule book" how exciting. :umm2:

Jack_ 04-04-2016 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8595888)
Yeah, we all love the "drama", the arguing over a "rule book" how exciting. :umm2:

Yes...we do...

There's a reason why X Factor was at its height through 08-10 and the panel/contestants/all the drama and attention they created in the press have a lot to do with it

People can pretend they hate it all they want but all I'd say is firstly you're watching the wrong programme and trying to pretend X Factor is something it's not, and secondly...when that kind of ~drama~ is removed the show falls flat on its face

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595890)
Yes...we do...

There's a reason why X Factor was at its height through 08-10 and the panel/contestants/all the drama and attention they created in the press have a lot to do with it

People can pretend they hate it all they want but all I'd say is firstly you're watching the wrong programme and trying to pretend X Factor is something it's not, and secondly...when that kind of ~drama~ is removed the show falls flat on its face

The show is sh*te with or without it.

It peaked in those years because of the great mix of contestants. Not because of Louis Walsh squabbling.

The entire format is stale as sh*t.

No one's pretending it's something it's not. But let's not pretend Louis Walsh holds any worth in the entertainment stakes.

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:13 PM

XFactor 2010 acts was TV Gold tbh. I think XF is all about the acts rather than the judges.

Jordan. 04-04-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595890)
Yes...we do...

That was when Dannii was on the show lol

Samm 04-04-2016 11:14 PM

Dannii said she was done with everything XF after she left the one in Australia :(

Glenn. 04-04-2016 11:14 PM

Bye Dermot is not one of the reasons last year was ****. I didn't miss it one bit. He's annoying and seems to think he's far more superior than he is. He's a hissing mediocre mess. It doesn't matter how they mess with the judges or the format the result is the same. The show is a mess and has been for a long long time. No one cares who is judging or presenting lmao

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:16 PM

Yeah, did the presenter actually make a damn difference to anyone?

I could recite their script myself. The exact same every week.

The only relief was him not twirling around like a twat.

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:16 PM

Dermot is the XFactor :nono:

everyone wants a Dermot hug

Glenn. 04-04-2016 11:17 PM

Bye id rather hug a pile of horse ****

Glenn. 04-04-2016 11:18 PM

This is and will forever be Kate Thorntons job. When Simon sees sense and hires her back things will be restored.

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8595904)
Dermot is the XFactor :nono:

everyone wants a Dermot hug

Luke getting arrested for groping his bulge?

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8595909)
Luke getting arrested for groping his bulge?

:nono: i would ask for his permission before i do that

Jack_ 04-04-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 8595892)
The show is sh*te with or without it.

It peaked in those years because of the great mix of contestants. Not because of Louis Walsh squabbling.

The entire format is stale as sh*t.

No one's pretending it's something it's not. But let's not pretend Louis Walsh holds any worth in the entertainment stakes.

It's both, I'd say last year's series had one of the greatest mixes of contestants ever, as did Sam Bailey's year...but they didn't do as well as the golden era?

Whether people want to admit it or not, or even know it themselves, they tuned in for the judge dramas and feuds, the fake fights, the ~deadlock~ sagas etc etc. Yes of course the contestants are important but the judges are just as much too

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8595894)
XFactor 2010 acts was TV Gold tbh. I think XF is all about the acts rather than the judges.

:joker: seriously? X Factor has always since like S4 been about the judges. The narrative in the press about who's going to be on the panel drones on for months every year, they have big, flashy introductions, there's manufactured drama surrounding them every series.

X Factor masquerades as a talent contest but it's an entirely entertainment driven primetime programme. Yes the talent pool is important but the judges are the stars of the show, especially in the eyes of the producers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8595896)
That was when Dannii was on the show lol

:fist: okay that's a fair point, but I still don't think objectively speaking Dannii herself brings much drama or attention to the show. Louis' deadlock dilemmas are incredible and provided press attention for days on end, Simon's just Simon, Cheryl as dull as I find her does or did get loads of press coverage and also had feuds with a few acts like Wagner/Raign...but Dannii? Not really, she was just the levelheaded, credible judge in amongst all the crap, which is fine, but bringing her back on her own? What's the point?

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8595912)
:nono: i would ask for his permission before i do that

And he'll........ give you his answer........ after the break............

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595913)
It's both, I'd say last year's series had one of the greatest mixes of contestants ever, as did Sam Bailey's year...but they didn't do as well as the golden era?

Because it's been going 12 years and, just like BB, the format is stale so it's not going to have the same impact year on year is it?

Hence brand new changes, or even a new show, being needed.

Jack_ 04-04-2016 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 8595900)
Bye Dermot is not one of the reasons last year was ****. I didn't miss it one bit. He's annoying and seems to think he's far more superior than he is. He's a hissing mediocre mess. It doesn't matter how they mess with the judges or the format the result is the same. The show is a mess and has been for a long long time. No one cares who is judging or presenting lmao

:umm2: you have no idea what you're talking about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 8595908)
This is and will forever be Kate Thorntons job. When Simon sees sense and hires her back things will be restored.

omg people criticise Dermot as wooden but Kate Thornton must've been the most irrelevant, robotic, emotionless presenter ever :joker: :joker:

Thankfully she faded back into obscurity

Marsh. 04-04-2016 11:24 PM

I haven't watched properly for about 3 years anyway.

I won't be coming back for Dermot breathing into his mic (practically eating it) and ending every sentence with a question mark.

LukeB 04-04-2016 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8595913)

:joker: seriously? X Factor has always since like S4 been about the judges. The narrative in the press about who's going to be on the panel drones on for months every year, they have big, flashy introductions, there's manufactured drama surrounding them every series.

You had Wagner sailing through, Katie being in the bottom 2 all the time and never got sent home and we saw the legendary "you know what sod it" and you had the best act of the year Cher Lloyd who fumed people. But you also had some good talent like Rebecca/Matt. It was a bit of everything which we don't get.