ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   TiBB Classic Movie Club.... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300029)

Ammi 07-04-2016 03:42 PM

TiBB Classic Movie Club/Defiance being watched....

..would anyone be interested in this..?....it would be the same as when Locke did his movie club, only the choices would be a movie that is considered a classic and from any time span...so we all watch the first movie..(around a week to watch each one..).. and then all review etc and then I'll choose someone else to make a choice for us all...

..The first movie would be Good Will Hunting, with Robin Williams and Matt Damon...

http://cdn.miramax.com/media/assets/...2_Approved.png

...classic movie watchers so far...

Niamh
Mokka
Ammi
Natalie
Will
Jamie89
LukeB...(possibly/maybe..)..
DrunkerThanMoses
Shaun..(part time movie lover..)...
Mr Lancaster
rubymoo

..so post and I'll add as it goes along etc and you can join anytime you want to if you don't have time to watch all films....

Good Will Hunting - watched
Muriel's Wedding - watched
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Gremlins
Mask
The Usual Suspects - watched
Point Break
Die Hard
Ghost
The Colour Purple
The Lost Boys
Gone with the Wind
Love Story (1970)
Forrest Gump - watched
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Pretty in Pink - watched
My Cousin Vinny
Terminator 2
The Shining
Pulp Fiction
The Craft
Mulholland Drive
Jaws
Thelma and Louise
Silence of the Lambs
Tootsie
Rain Man
Mean Girls
North by Northwest
To Kill a Mockingbird
Blade Runner
The Fly - watched
Little Miss Sunshine
Trainspotting

Mokka 07-04-2016 03:43 PM

:clap1:

Niamh. 07-04-2016 03:43 PM

Great Stuff, will watch this tomorrow night :love:

Natalie. 07-04-2016 03:47 PM

I'd like this, I don't watch films much

Will. 07-04-2016 03:48 PM

:clap1:, this will be fun.

Jamie89 07-04-2016 06:12 PM

Oh I'll take part in this, there's loads of classic movies I haven't seen that people are always telling me I need to watch, Good Will Hunting being one of them

LukeB 07-04-2016 06:12 PM

I was going to sign up but I'm not into classic movies :(

DrunkerThanMoses 07-04-2016 06:55 PM

Okay why not

Mokka 07-04-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses (Post 8600216)
Okay why not

This makes me happy :hehe:

Niamh. 07-04-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8600169)
I was going to sign up but I'm not into classic movies :(

Atleast give Good Will Hunting a shot Luke, I bet you'll like it

Mokka 07-04-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie89 (Post 8600168)
Oh I'll take part in this, there's loads of classic movies I haven't seen that people are always telling me I need to watch, Good Will Hunting being one of them

Oh Jamie to!! :flutter:

Shaun 07-04-2016 07:17 PM

I'd give it a go but idk about every week because I'm a nightmare with watching movies. So I'll just drop in uninvited every once in a while if it's ok :pipe: (I've seen Good Will Hunting before but I suppose rewatching won't hurt)...

Ammi 08-04-2016 06:01 AM

..updated, thank you, thank you people..:love:..

DrunkerThanMoses 08-04-2016 06:06 AM

Have we got time limit to watch it?

Ammi 08-04-2016 06:23 AM

..around a week-ish, Jon..?..we'll just be fairly laid back with it, if people are busy etc and it takes a little longer, I don't wan it to feel like a chore...using spoilers with the reviews would be helpful as well for those who haven't seen the film yet...

...we can recommend classic horror movies as well...(I'll just cover my eyes at the gruesome bits..:laugh:..)..because I know horror is your bag as well.../they just have to be classics is all...

Mokka 09-04-2016 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8600836)
..around a week-ish, Jon..?..we'll just be fairly laid back with it, if people are busy etc and it takes a little longer, I don't wan it to feel like a chore...using spoilers with the reviews would be helpful as well for those who haven't seen the film yet...

...we can recommend classic horror movies as well...(I'll just cover my eyes at the gruesome bits..:laugh:..)..because I know horror is your bag as well.../they just have to be classics is all...

I don't know if I can do horror... I'm not really good with that sort of thing :bigsmile:

depending on the movie, I might give it a go :hehe:

Mokka 09-04-2016 04:49 AM

Just finished Good Will Hunting... I had forgot why I loved this film so much... all the little bits that make up the whole of it. We were constantly reminded in media this last year with Matt Damon that this was his first Oscar win... him and Ben Affleck... and it starts to get old, the whole boy wonders bit over this movie... but when you watch it and think about what they put in there, the depth of even just the minor scenes... yeah, this was an impressive movie for them to write and act in.

favourite quotes:
Spoiler:

Will: Do you like apples?
Clark: Yeah.
Will: Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?

-------------------------------
Sean: [to his class] See you Monday. We'll be talking about Freud and why he did enough cocaine to kill a small horse.

-------------------------------------
Will: What is this, a Taster's Choice moment between guys?

------------------------------------
Sean: People call those imperfections, but no, that's the good stuff.
Sean: You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other.

--------------------------------------------

and this moment/scene broke my heart a little

Ammi 09-04-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 8602364)
I don't know if I can do horror... I'm not really good with that sort of thing :bigsmile:

..yeah I would give it a go as well and just miss out the gruesome bits, horror is so not what I would watch either, Mokka..but a lot of the horror classics are more psychological/suspense etc and I'm ok with that bit/not so much gory...and I'll just fast forward over some bits if I need to but still be able to follow the story etc...I keep a pillow for my face next to me and I'm never afraid to use it..:laugh:..

Mokka 09-04-2016 05:00 AM

yeah...but down to classic horror... my sisters watch the Psycho movies with me when I was like 9... I'm still not over it :shocked:

but I might be enticed to watch a horror or two...if say Jamie and I can get Muriel's Wedding on the list of movies to watch :fan:

but then, I am not sure what exactly the criteria of a classic is... I mean I know and agree that Good Will Hunting is a classic... but I watched it as a kid... so does that make me a classic. :omgno:

kirklancaster 09-04-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8599972)
..would anyone be interested in this..?....it would be the same as when Locke did his movie club, only the choices would be a movie that is considered a classic and from any time span...so we all watch the first movie..(around a week to watch each one..).. and then all review etc and then I'll choose someone else to make a choice for us all...

..The first movie would be Good Will Hunting, with Robin Williams and Matt Damon...

http://cdn.miramax.com/media/assets/...2_Approved.png

...classic movie watchers so far...

Niamh
Mokka
Ammi
Natalie
Will
Jamie89
LukeB...(possibly/maybe..)..
DrunkerThanMoses
Shaun..(part time movie lover..)...

..so post and I'll add as it goes along etc and you can join anytime you want to if you don't have time to watch all films....

Can you please add me to this illustrious list? Thank you.

Ammi 09-04-2016 05:11 AM

..Good Will Hunting...

Spoiler:

..I found it really difficult not to feel extremely emotional through parts of the movie...obviously because of Robin Williams himself but also because it seemed even more poignant now in thinking that how his character felt about his wife would maybe be how his own wife could be feeling..and also with my own mum because she's never been able to get beyond my dad's death and losing him...the part where he told Will the little funny story and then said that with the millions of funny/lovely memories etc, what he felt most was the sadness of her death...just heart-breaking and something that many people would relate to...also such an intense moment in it when they both shared their 'parent' stories, which finally 'released Will' from so much...

...re- watching it also reminded me of how much it was one of those movies that felt a little 'un-finished' in that it left you wondering how his life was going to be in choosing love as it were...would his gift still be something that was part of his life as well, would it all work out for him and Skylar etc...and I always think it's such a good sign when I get so absorbed and involved in characters like that...great movie, great cast and a general 9/10 on the film scale, I think...

Ammi 09-04-2016 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 8602370)
yeah...but down to classic horror... my sisters watch the Psycho movies with me when I was like 9... I'm still not over it :shocked:

but I might be enticed to watch a horror or two...if say Jamie and I can get Muriel's Wedding on the list of movies to watch :fan:

but then, I am not sure what exactly the criteria of a classic is... I mean I know and agree that Good Will Hunting is a classic... but I watched it as a kid... so does that make me a classic. :omgno:

..Birds is one for me and probably why I still fear birds, especially large flocks of them..:laugh:..I guess that 'classic' would be, more a film that most people have probably watched/or heard of/had success and acclaim in it's time and has sustained that, rather than a more obscure, cult type movie...

Ammi 09-04-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 8602373)
Can you please add me to this illustrious list? Thank you.

..and you're there Kirk, thank you sir..:love:..

Ammi 09-04-2016 06:17 AM

..and also added the lovely rubymoo..:love:..

rubymoo 09-04-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 8602364)

This for me too^^^^^

I watched Alien when i were 11 and i still feel scared when i see it's on TV :bawling:

But i will give it a go (depending on the movie :laugh:)