ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   2016 Summer Transfer Window (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300878)

Drew. 10-05-2016 09:35 PM

2016 Summer Transfer Window

It's happening

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com...8&h=540&crop=1

Shaun 10-05-2016 09:42 PM

going into hiding

GiRTh 10-05-2016 09:52 PM

Realistic targets for Arsenal. Not top players as I dont think we can attract them

John Terry - I fear some may laugh at this choice but if Chelsea are gonna let him go - and it looking likely they will, seems crazy to me but who knows whats going on - we should try our hardest to get him. He's a leader, played and won at the highest level, organisor, vocal on the pitch and in the dressing room and still a top defender. The very thing we lack in our side. Only problem is his age but I'd take 35 year old Terry over the likes of Schillachi , Stepanovs, Pascal Cygan, Senderos, Johan Djourou and any of the other centre back disasters we've had over the years.

Kelechi Ihanacio - unlikely to get him cuz I think Pep will like him but he'd be a good addition.

Saido Berahino - He cant be enjoying it at West BRom. Doubts over his temperament cuz as well as the dispute with Pulis and the chairman he also fell out with Uwe Rosler when he was on loan as a teenager. A teenager falling out with an experienced manger is not good. Other issues are he''s a bit too similar to players we already have but I think he's better than them especially Giroud and walcott and with Welbeck out for up to six month I think he'd be great for us.

Shaun 10-05-2016 09:53 PM

here for us redeeming Chelsea players as they near retirement tbh

Drew. 10-05-2016 09:57 PM

Bera has a horrible attitude, wouldn't like him anywhere near the squad. Rate him but i'd even start Giroud over him. Ideally one of Higuain, Cavani or Lacazette would be perfect. The same names that crop up every summer but it's even more likely they could be sold this year with Cavani unhappy with his treatment and Lyon needing money.

GiRTh 10-05-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew. (Post 8644235)
Bera has a horrible attitude, wouldn't like him anywhere near the squad. Rate him but i'd even start Giroud over him. Ideally one of Higuain, Cavani or Lacazette would be perfect. The same names that crop up every summer but it's even more likely they could be sold this year with Cavani unhappy with his treatment and Lyon needing money.

I agree about Bera but surely he looks at Harry Kane, who he played with at every junior level, and thinks its time for him to get to that level. I hope he does that and starts showing his potential.

Drew. 10-05-2016 10:03 PM

You'd think but i dunno, theres way too many concerns about his behaviour and attitude towards it all. He doesn't show any of the hunger and desire Kane has either. We're long overdue a world class striker at the club

Denver 10-05-2016 11:38 PM

Gotze to Liverpool is happening member i told ya

Black Dagger 11-05-2016 12:03 AM

Time to work your magic, Lord Pep.

GiRTh 12-05-2016 12:48 PM

Lukaku - Would cost a lot of money but he's scored goals at every club he's played, knows the Premiership and wants to play in Europe. If Martinez is sacked he may become available. He'd be a big upgrade on Giroud.

GiRTh 13-05-2016 07:05 PM

Arsenal stunned as £30m star sends message to club over deal

Granit Xhaka: I want Arsenal deal wrapped up soon

This story about Granit Xhaka is also in the Star. Been looking for the post but cant find it he must have deleted it.

If he wants to play for us then I think he'd be brilliant. A great midfielder who according to reports I've read is strong in the tackle and a leader on the pitch. If this is true then he's prefect. Now for the bad news he's gonna cost about 35 million plus. He's not a household name and I'm not sure the manager will pay that much for a players who so many have not heard of. We'll have a look to see what the manager does.

GiRTh 14-05-2016 07:42 PM

Granit Xhaka to Arsenal: £33.8m Gunners target receives standing ovation and embraces boss in final game

Looks like this is a done deal. The player has said he wants to go to Arsenal and the fans seems resigned to losing him. Only stumbling block seems to be the 30 odd million needed to get him. Lets hope the manger is prepared to pay it.

Drew. 14-05-2016 08:49 PM

He's started following the Arsenal instagram account and a few players on there, it could mean nothing but it's unusual for players to do that and it times in very well with all the rumours about him

Shaun 14-05-2016 09:03 PM

here for arsene unveiling him just before the villa game with a nice smirk

Drew. 14-05-2016 09:16 PM

Would make a nice change to have a signing announced early. Pretty sure he wanted his future sorted before the Euros so if it does happen it should be soon

GiRTh 14-05-2016 09:35 PM

The player has said he wants the deal done by the Euros so I hope Wenger gives the fans something to look forward to after such a stop/start season.

Brother Leon 15-05-2016 02:50 AM

Can't wait for De Gea to leave for peanuts and to overpay for every signing..yay.

Denver 16-05-2016 04:21 PM

That I'll do me :clap1:

GiRTh 21-05-2016 01:28 PM

Granit Xhaka pictured in full Arsenal kit ahead of £35million move from Borussia Monchengladbach

This is an actual serious signing. Many other teams across Europe were looking to sign him. I'm looking forward to him playing for Arsenal. :thumbs:

Shaun 21-05-2016 05:09 PM

Now morata :hee:

(I have no optimism about him coming good. I would die. It'd be just too perfect. If we sign him I'm proposing to all of you.)

Brother Leon 23-05-2016 04:34 PM

Mystic Mock 23-05-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Leon (Post 8662259)

Is Zlatan joining as a player or as a coach?

Black Dagger 23-05-2016 06:54 PM

Gundogan wooo yay xo

Mystic Mock 23-05-2016 07:03 PM

Rowett speaking sense again.:clap1:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...owett-11365204

Out of the strikers that his looking for I think that Tony Watt has the most potential to be good as his played for some reasonably big teams in the past, and his scored against some big teams like Barcelona as the prime example.

GiRTh 23-05-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8659883)
Now morata :hee:

(I have no optimism about him coming good. I would die. It'd be just too perfect. If we sign him I'm proposing to all of you.)

We're linked with him every year and with Arteta, Rosicky, Flamini all going we need to sign at least three players this window. Read that Juventus may be looking at a price of around 50 million. Cant see anyone paying that for him. Other one is Benatia at Bayern. Good center back but terrible injury record so he should fit right in.