ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should we stick with the new voting format next year? (Eurovision) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301003)

Braden 15-05-2016 05:56 PM

Should we stick with the new voting format next year? (Eurovision)

Feel free to elaborate and discuss your thoughts on last night and how you thought the new voting system worked.

...whoops I seem to have double posted the thread on my phone.

Jordan. 15-05-2016 06:00 PM

what was the change

Shaun 15-05-2016 06:01 PM

I liked the tension of it, just not the outcome, so I'm happy for it to return.

Although maybe hurry up the juries' votes a bit and spend a little more time on the public vote reveals, because the way about ten-fifteen of the rejects were just chucked out in a hurry was a bit ruthless </3

Pete. 15-05-2016 06:02 PM

The old method was better presented and produced a better outcome

joeysteele 15-05-2016 06:02 PM

I am undecided,not sure I liked it.

Braden 15-05-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8650903)
what was the change

The jury and televoting was split into two different voting systems. The juries voted a normal (with the usual spokesperson giving 12 points), and then the televoting was applied from descending order.

EspeonBB 15-05-2016 06:12 PM

Yes! The voting this year was a lot more dramatic than before whilst in previous years you know the winner when there's still like 10 countries left to vote so it becomes tedious and boring

Black Dagger 15-05-2016 06:20 PM

I'd probably love it if a country that was my favourite didn't look like it was winning then stole it on the televote. Give it one more year but I don't trust the diaspora televoting really. Poland, Russia, Armenia, Ukraine will always do well in it.

Smithy 15-05-2016 06:40 PM

No, even though it was a lot more suspenseful it doesn't work, the past few years since the jury has been introduced the winners have been good, this was the first attempt at this and the winner was appalling

Denver 15-05-2016 06:42 PM

Yes if Lithuania win

_Tom_ 15-05-2016 09:56 PM

No, sure it was tense and all but it robbed Australia of their win :fist:

Jordan. 15-05-2016 10:50 PM

I just watched the scoring and yeah it was a lot better

T* 15-05-2016 11:14 PM

No. I would however like it to be the old voting with them just saying the twelve points, it seemed like the spokespeople were more relaxed than nervous

Braden 15-05-2016 11:39 PM

I feel that the new scoring system is the best way to do it. It is a bit brutal in terms of getting people's hopes up to have it snatched away at any moment, but I feel like it's the fairest and most accurate representation in regard to overall placements.

I do kind of miss the process of going through the countries and having them read out more scores, but Eurovision is ever evolving.

LaLaLand 15-05-2016 11:48 PM

Absolutely! The last minute when maybe Russia could have nabbed it, intense!

joeysteele 16-05-2016 07:35 AM

Now it has been done the once, the expectation next year will not likely be as intense now as it will be clear,no matter who is leading the contest after the jury votes, what Nations are likely to benefit from the separate televoting.

it may not be assured which one will get it but until the last 3 announcements at least but hardly a new surprise I feel.

I am still undecided,after watching it again but now lean far more to no to the new voting system than yes.
I think the element of surprise and intensity from this first use of this way of voting has now possibly gone.