ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2016 [S13] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701)
-   -   X Factor 2016 - Country House Bootcamp/Six Chair Challenge Back, Arena Auditions Axed (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301374)

zakman440 27-05-2016 02:03 PM

X Factor 2016 - Country House Bootcamp/Six Chair Challenge Back, Arena Auditions Axed

Quote:

It seems almost impossible to achieve, but The X Factor's Six Chair Challenge is set to get even tougher in the show's latest format shake-up.
This year's series, as we know, is bringing the intimate room auditions back. Here the contestants sing purely for the four judges (well, them and a whole load of production people) with no live audience.

When the rooms were brought back in 2014, this was followed by big arena auditions, but RadioTimes.com can reveal those have been scrapped for 2016.

Instead, the next stage of the competition will be an audience-free Boot Camp. Probably back in a swish hotel like last year, although that hasn't been confirmed.

That means the very first time this year's contestants will perform in front of a live X Factor crowd will be the Six Chair Challenge. Yikes.

The challenge is already tough. It's basically a really emotionally-charged version of musical chairs: the singers are granted a seat if they're any good, before facing the chop if someone better comes along. Throw in a crowd who have no problem booing or yelling 'off! off! off!' and it'd be enough to make even the most experienced singer a nervous wreck.

The reason behind it is two-fold.

"It simplifies the process," a source close to the show said of dropping the arena-based auditions. Indeed, it does seem more reminiscent of early series, which had much fewer stages between auditions and live shows.

With it looking pretty certain we're getting familiar judges (Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger and Louis Walsh the expected line-up) it fits with the theme. But, they admitted it also served another purpose: "It makes the Six Chairs more of a moment".

So basically it's not all going to be warm and fuzzy 'good old days' stuff this year.

Whether people will welcome this remains to be seen. The Six Chair Challenge is a yearly divider as both the contestants and judges struggle over the on-the-spot decisions. Even returning host Dermot O'Leary branded the round “uncomfortable” – the format was first brought in during the 2013 series.

The episodes rate well, though. Last year they brought in more than 8 million viewers. And, as I've been told in the past, “Simon’s a fan”. Basically, buckle up.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...ormat-shake-up
Glad that the arena auditions have been axed - having just the room auditions will be much better. The country house bootcamp wasn't so bad either last year, so I'm glad that's making a comeback. Slightly disappointed about Six Chair being back though - it was very predictable last year with the crowd shouting out which person to swap out, then booing whoever was swapped out and then one of the judges deciding to bring someone back amid more booing. I mean, I can deal with it, it's just a very predictable part of the show.

Natalie. 27-05-2016 02:11 PM

Well that's mainly good
I do dislike the crowd booing when one is swapped though.

Lostie! 27-05-2016 02:12 PM

:amazed:

I can deal with Six Chair sticking around if the arena auditions are finally gone :clap1:

Pete. 27-05-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 8667508)
:amazed:

I can deal with Six Chair sticking around if the arena auditions are finally gone :clap1:

Same :clap1:

Jordan. 27-05-2016 02:22 PM

Still too dragged out with the unnecessary 6 chair challenge. The lack of live shows and double eliminations to make up for it last year was ridiculous.

Headie 27-05-2016 02:29 PM

Yass bye arena auditions

Headie 27-05-2016 02:31 PM

I do wish they'd go back to the original format, where the judges get given their categories at bootcamp, and the acts all go to that judges house in the UK and perform, then 6 or 7 are chosen to go abroad to Judges Houses, and the 3/4 chosen from each category get to go to the live shows as the final 12/16. The whole point of live shows used to be that it was the first time the contestant performed in front of a live crowd/audience, and it isn't anymore.

Amy Jade 27-05-2016 04:21 PM

I hate arena auditions and double eliminations once acts get to the final.

Jack_ 27-05-2016 05:04 PM

Yeah this'll do me, I'm not crazy about Six Chair but it rates well and I guess it is quite entertaining. The arena auditions were always pointless though so I'm glad they're gone, and I really enjoyed the Country House Bootcamp last year, it was like how it used to be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 8667522)
Still too dragged out with the unnecessary 6 chair challenge. The lack of live shows and double eliminations to make up for it last year was ridiculous.

That was because of the Rugby World Cup though, and is one of the reasons Dermot decided to leave

Hopefully it'll be back to the usual ten weeks of lives this year

reece(: 27-05-2016 05:23 PM

It'll be near perfect if the live shows are back to ten weeks, all these changes are great tho :clap1:

Guuki 28-05-2016 05:40 PM

I really like these changes. The show evolves. :)

Vanessa 28-05-2016 05:41 PM

I like the six chair challenge. It's so tense!

Strictly Jake 30-05-2016 09:28 AM

Yes! Perfect! I liked the country house bootcamp, I like room auditions, and I like 6 chair, although I hope there is enough talent this time to actually wonder who will get the chairs, last year there was barely even 6 talented singers across the whole show let alone each catergory, but with Sharon Simon Louis and Nicole back possibly, this is shaping up to be great! Oh and dermot back that's a good thing too