ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anne Hegerty hits back at vicious fat jibes (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301597)

Will. 02-06-2016 04:20 PM

Anne Hegerty hits back at vicious fat jibes

Anne says that she’s often the target of hurtful body-shamming comments online.

Sadly for The Governess, she’s confessed to reading the hurtful comments all the time.

Speaking to The Express, the star revealed she plays trolls at their own game: “You need to grow a thick skin.

“If someone asks, ‘Why are all the Chasers fat?’ you can say, ‘Body-shaming’s really hurtful and offensive!’ or you can say, ‘Because every time we get an answer right, we get a biscuit.’

“Which is more likely to get you a new follower and a reputation for being a good sport.”

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dy...000/540855.jpg

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-t...fat-jibes-hurt

Will. 02-06-2016 04:21 PM

Leave our Anne alone :hug:

Niamh. 02-06-2016 04:21 PM

haha good response Anne :laugh:

_Tom_ 02-06-2016 04:30 PM

Anne :worship:

Shaun 02-06-2016 05:58 PM

I think I read somewhere that she's somewhere on the spectrum for autism/aspergers as well, so I imagine stuff like that doesn't help :( Imagine seeing someone as iconic/lovely as her and thinking anything bad about her. smh.

Jordan. 02-06-2016 06:02 PM

An effortless clock by Anne?

Rob! 02-06-2016 06:06 PM

Absolute goddess :love:

I missed her appearance on BOTS. Was she any good?

Suze 02-06-2016 09:28 PM

My favourite chaser. The idiots having a go probably need to look at themselves first. Anne can handle them though :)

_Tom_ 02-06-2016 09:32 PM

I still :love: this:

Tregard 02-06-2016 09:32 PM

As someone who's been on The Chase against Anne, I can tell you from my experience she is absolutely one of the loveliest quizzers I've ever met. Plays the role of a "panto villain" on the show quite well, but is obviously having a lot of fun and that's really contagious.

Before you film the producers have to tell contestants they can make jibes back, but nothing weight or appearance related for any Chasers. It's sad they have to clarify something like that to most people :/

Amy Jade 02-06-2016 09:34 PM

I love her, she seems so nice and down to earth, I don't understand why anyone would call her names

_Tom_ 02-06-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 8680761)
As someone who's been on The Chase against Anne, I can tell you from my experience she is absolutely one of the loveliest quizzers I've ever met. Plays the role of a "panto villain" on the show quite well, but is obviously having a lot of fun and that's really contagious.

Before you film the producers have to tell contestants they can make jibes back, but nothing weight or appearance related for any Chasers. It's sad they have to clarify something like that to most people :/

You were a contestant on The Chase? :amazed:

Shaun 02-06-2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

You were on the Chase!? How did you do?

Jack. 02-06-2016 09:37 PM

I love Anne she is my favourite chaser

Black Dagger 02-06-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Tell us all, right now!!!

Greg! 02-06-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tom_ (Post 8680760)
I still :love: this:

What a rude cow! Glad Anne clocked ha and wiped her out in 2 questions

Tregard 02-06-2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tom_ (Post 8680770)
You were a contestant on The Chase? :amazed:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8680774)
You were on the Chase!? How did you do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8680797)
Tell us all, right now!!!

My episode hasn't aired yet so I'm not allowed to say how I did :P Anne was great though, made some jokes about how I'd spend my winnings on going to Eurovision which I enjoyed. I was waving at her like a moron while she was standing at the back of the set before she walked on and she waved back at me with a sinister panto grin <3

The one thing I'm still annoyed about was in the heat of the moment I got a question about RuPaul wrong! Bradley is lovely as well, he laughs for about three times as long as you see on the show if a question makes him laugh (there was a question about "Vicar's Blue & Veiny" cheese which I'm sure will be on Youtube in no time)

Shaun 02-06-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 8680936)
The one thing I'm still annoyed about was in the heat of the moment I got a question about RuPaul wrong!

I hope you lost

Tregard 02-06-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8680952)
I hope you lost

I absolutely knew the answer as well, which was the most irritating thing. The shame was punishment enough!

_Tom_ 02-06-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tregard (Post 8680936)
My episode hasn't aired yet so I'm not allowed to say how I did :P Anne was great though, made some jokes about how I'd spend my winnings on going to Eurovision which I enjoyed. I was waving at her like a moron while she was standing at the back of the set before she walked on and she waved back at me with a sinister panto grin <3

The one thing I'm still annoyed about was in the heat of the moment I got a question about RuPaul wrong! Bradley is lovely as well, he laughs for about three times as long as you see on the show if a question makes him laugh (there was a question about "Vicar's Blue & Veiny" cheese which I'm sure will be on Youtube in no time)

:clap1: Will you let us know when your episode airs?

Tregard 02-06-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Tom_ (Post 8680972)
:clap1: Will you let us know when your episode airs?

Oh yes, don't worry, I'll make sure everyone knows :P

Rob! 02-06-2016 10:21 PM

Not a TIBB member on an intelligent quiz show, who would have thought it? :clap1:

Black Dagger 02-06-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 8680986)
Not a TIBB member on an intelligent quiz show, who would have thought it? :clap1:

Have you seen some of the people on the chase?

_Tom_ 02-06-2016 10:23 PM

Tbh I've been wanting to apply for The Chase for ages now, but I can never be bothered to fill out the application form, too many awkward questions :laugh:

Rob! 02-06-2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _LucasMichael_ (Post 8680988)
Have you seen some of the people on the chase?

I auditioned to go on there and didn't get on :idc: