ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Spider-Man game - E3 2017 trailer! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302542)

Scarlett. 14-06-2016 02:24 AM

Spider-Man game - E3 2017 trailer!

Scarlett. 15-06-2016 02:46 AM

Apparently its a PS4 exclusive, and the first of many MCU games made by good publishers, this is probably in return for Sony letting Marvel use Spider-Man in their films.

Mystic Mock 21-06-2016 12:45 PM

If it has anywhere near the amount of freedom that the Batman Arkham games can give you then I'm in.

Scarlett. 13-06-2017 02:21 AM

Scarlett. 13-06-2017 11:24 PM

Man, after watching the trailer a few times, I'm pretty hyped, will be nice to have a full on open world spiderman game

Shaun 14-06-2017 02:07 AM

This looks pretty promising (but mostly because of how it replicates the Arkham series lol)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 24-12-2019 08:46 PM

The challenges are so hard :mad:

Trying to get the top score in the drone one where you have to fly through the blue balls and it’s impossible

Toy Soldier 24-12-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullen Girl (Post 10741252)
The challenges are so hard :mad:

Trying to get the top score in the drone one where you have to fly through the blue balls and it’s impossible

Wouldn't even bother trying to get gold on the drones until you've maxed out your skill trees (if you haven't already). The game is an easy platinum EXCEPT for a handful of the challenges which drove me nuts.

One in particular was horrendous. A combat challenge, where your range of abilities and "flow" had to be pretty much spot on to get a gold score in the first place, BUT ohhh it wasn't just that... there was a bug where at least 50% of the time, one goon would get stuck behind a door and was impossible to kill, and there was no way to know if he was stuck there until you*thought* you had finished the challenge - if it ended he had clearly got out, if the time just kept running... there he would be, scrabbling around behind this door. No way to hit him, other than using an AoE suit power (punk suit or negative suit) but 1) you'd waste too much time to get gold doing that and 2) I'll be damned if the challenge is possible AT ALL without triggering Web Blossom as one of your first attacks. I never found another way.

So the first 3 or 4 times I was perfect in combat and would definitely have gotten gold, I didn't because of the damn guy behind the door. When the stars finally aligned and I nailed it -and- he wasn't stuck and I got the gold, the moment of triumph... :omgno:.

I played fairly soon after release though, HOPEFULLY they patched the little bastard.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 24-12-2019 10:11 PM

I just found out you don’t even need to get gold to unlock all the gadget/suit upgrades so idc now teehee

Shaun 22-06-2020 03:39 AM

Enjoying it so far, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wanted another Arkham game too </3

Don't have any complaints about this though, which is rare for me...

Scarlett. 30-09-2020 05:11 PM

Peter Parker has been recast in the remaster

Shaun 30-09-2020 05:17 PM

...he looks like a bedwetter. I disapprove. Old Pete's pants skin made me feel things, this is just gross.

Brother Leon 30-09-2020 06:09 PM

Really trying to make him look more like Tom Holland.

Jordan. 30-09-2020 08:56 PM

#notmypeter

Tom4784 30-09-2020 08:59 PM

He looks too young, really. The original looked age appropriate, he looks like someone in his early to mid 20's but the new guy looks like a middle schooler.

Toy Soldier 01-10-2020 10:34 AM

Meh. I prefer the original but I don't think it really matters in a game like this, a good plot etc. is needed for keeping things moving forward but let's face it... we're mostly here for zipping around New York and beating up thugs :joker:.

I don't really mind that they had to change it, it seems to have been down to doing the more detailed facial capture for the remaster, however I do think he looks a little on the young side as it being an "older, seasoned" Spidey is actually what made the game interesting and stand out from other movie/game Spider-man stuff which usually goes with an origin-story-era approach. It was fun to be an older version who had already locked up a tonne of villains.

Then again, I don't think he actually looks unrealistically young "in real terms" - plenty of people in their mid-20's still look pretty young, e.g. Tom Holland himself at 24 still plays a pretty convincing 17 year old.

I think maybe we're just used to seeing characters supposedly in their early to mid 20's in film and TV who look about 30... and characters in high school who look about 25... so people who ACTUALLY look 25 "look young".