ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Interests (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Saw an' peppaaahhh (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303849)

TT350 01-07-2016 08:11 PM

Saw an' peppaaahhh

Hello.

I do love salt and pepper ribs from the Chinese takeaway.

It's a wedgeload cheaper making them at home.

Pack of chicken wings: £1:50

Salt (half a tsp)
White pepper (1tsp)
5 spice powder (1 tsp)
Sugar (half a tsp)
1 green pepper
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
Light soy sauce
Hoi sin sauce
Half green chilli
Half red chilli

Cut the chicken wings at the joints. There's 2. Watch a guide on youtube if you're unsure.

If you can, brine them overnight in salt water and white vinegar.

Boil them up gently until they're cooked and no blood is seeping out..

Toss them immediately in plain flour and coat really well. They'll look a little caked in flour. That's fine.

Heat some oil at a bit less than on full heat. Maybe 3/4 if you're using flame hob. If you've got a traditional chip pan then great. Otherwise use a large pan with about 1.5 inch of oil in it.

Test the oil by putting in a small piece of bread. If it sizzles gently you're good to go.

Add some chicken wings. Don't put too much in at once. Cook until they're slightly golden. They'll continue to darken as they rest. Put them on kitchen roll.

Proceed until all are cooked.

Fry the garlic, chilli ginger, onion and pepper on quite a low heat for 10 mins. Stir often.

When cooked add about 4 dessert spoons soy sauce, 1 dessett spoon hoi sin.

Now you can turn the heat up to thick and reduce the soy sauce. You COULD use a bit of Cornflour. Mokka, that's Corn starch to you lol.

Toss the wings well in the salt, pepper, sugar and 5 spice.

Add the chicken wings to the pan with hoi sin/soy sauce and toss until a little coated.

Or sometimes just coat in franks hot sauce for a change.

Amy Jade 01-07-2016 08:15 PM

This thread made me think of when I go to the chippy by college and the woman asks if I want salt and vinegar but it sounds like sore finger

TT350 02-07-2016 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8775858)
This thread made me think of when I go to the chippy by college and the woman asks if I want salt and vinegar but it sounds like sore finger

Exactly. Lol.

"You wan sawfinga wi cheep?!"

Josy 05-07-2016 07:03 AM

Ohhh I'm going to try this

LeatherTrumpet 05-07-2016 07:57 AM

jesus just buy them at the chinky (can u say that anymore, not sure :suspect:) than spend hours faffing aboot in the kitchen fannying about with a soy sauce peppers onions etc

who has the time for all that palaver

Mokka 05-07-2016 08:15 AM

Let the man cook :fist:

Just because you only warm up chicken nuggets...doesn't mean the rest of the population can't enjoy cooking and eating food with flavourful :hmph:

Mokka 05-07-2016 08:15 AM

Let the man cook :fist:

Just because you only warm up chicken nuggets...doesn't mean the rest of the population can't enjoy cooking and eating food with flavourful :hmph:

LeatherTrumpet 05-07-2016 08:34 AM

away an chase yersel

:fist:

TT350 11-07-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8786053)
jesus just buy them at the chinky (can u say that anymore, not sure :suspect:) than spend hours faffing aboot in the kitchen fannying about with a soy sauce peppers onions etc

who has the time for all that palaver

It's like an orgasm. Probably better, and maybe in your case, a lot quicker when someone else does it for you.

But sometimes it's fun to do it yourself.

Peace! :)

Mokka 11-07-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TT350 (Post 8807718)
It's like an orgasm. Probably better, and maybe in your case, a lot quicker when someone else does it for you.

But sometimes it's fun to do it yourself.

Peace! :)

:joker::joker: