ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Victoria Beckham blasted for posting this photo of Harper (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304999)

Niamh. 13-07-2016 09:13 AM

Victoria Beckham blasted for posting this photo of Harper

Thoughts on this? Do you think it's ok/ A Bit weird?/PC gone mad?

Victoria Beckham faced a huge backlash on social media after she posted a cute mother/daughter selfie for Harper’s birthday.

The 41-year-old fashion mogul took to Instagram to share a picture in which she can be seen giving her daughter a kiss on the lips.

Victoria wrote: ‘Happy Birthday baby girl 🙏🏻💕 We all love you so much 💜💜💜 X @davidbeckham @brooklynbeckham kisses from mummy X.’

However, some users didn’t take too kindly to Vic giving her child a peck on the lips.

‘Eww sorry I’m old fashioned it looks like they making out,’ wrote one person while another noted that many ‘kids get cold sores from their parents kissing them on the mouth.’

Another fumed: ‘It is strange to kiss your parents on the lips.

‘Stop saying to other people it isn’t if they think it is because guess what they aren’t the only one[s].’

Victoria’s fans came out in force to defend her, saying that her actions were purely maternal and normal.

One wrote: ‘I guess it’s only something a loving parent understands. I kiss my five-year-old daughter on the lips.’

‘What is wrong with you people?’ raged another offended person. ‘I have two kids and I kiss them on the lips, there is nothing wrong with it.’

Do you think parents should kiss their children on the lips? Tweet me @FionnualaOLear1 and us know what you think.

http://evoke.ie/showbiz/gossip/victo...d-photo-harper

Amy Jade 13-07-2016 09:16 AM

How is it weird at all?

Cherie 13-07-2016 09:17 AM

It's a peck, not full on smooching :shrug:

Niamh. 13-07-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8811232)
How is it weird at all?

I don't think it's weird, I've often kissed my kids on the lips. I was on another forum a few years back (that was mostly American members) and the majority of them thought that it was weird

Ellen 13-07-2016 09:17 AM

I find it weird that people think its weird.

smudgie 13-07-2016 09:18 AM

It is a sad day when you can't give your baba or someone else you love a little kiss.

Cherie 13-07-2016 09:18 AM

That said I have a female friend who kisses me on the lips and I do everything in my power to avoid it :laugh:

Niamh. 13-07-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8811241)
That said I have a female friend who kisses me on the lips and I do everything in my power to avoid it :laugh:

:laugh:

I think it's more of a younger kid thing though, my daughter is 16 and she wouldn't kiss me on the lips. It's what toddlers and younger kids naturally do though, it would be weird to pull away I think :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet 13-07-2016 09:21 AM

I would wager that the few social media "outraged" people were all sub 18 years old

Niamh. 13-07-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8811250)
I would wager that the few social media "outraged" people were all sub 18 years old

Yeah that's true. I wonder how many parents or aunties/uncles/grand parents think it's weird?

Cherie 13-07-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8811245)
:laugh:

I think it's more of a younger kid thing though, my daughter is 16 and she wouldn't kiss me on the lips. It's what toddlers and younger kids naturally do though, it would be weird to pull away I think :shrug:

Yeah exactly, I literally do a head swerve with her, her husband does the same D:

Niamh. 13-07-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8811252)
Yeah exactly, I literally do a head swerve with her, her husband does the same D:

:laugh2:

armand.kay 13-07-2016 09:24 AM

Lol people need to chill the **** out.

bitontheslide 13-07-2016 09:27 AM

its only weird when its made to be weird. If it is capturing a natural moment between mother and daughter its quite normal. When it includes a celebrity that has courted public attention, haters are going to hate.

Kazanne 13-07-2016 09:32 AM

I don't think there is anything wrong with that,I kiss my kids all the time,not so much Maia now ,as she is far 'above' that sort of thing now she is 13,lol,lol,you're lucky to get a cuddle from her but the boys and her when she was younger were always being slobbered over, some people just like to moan over anything.

jaxie 13-07-2016 09:44 AM

My son used to kiss me on the lips when he was a little boy, it's perfectly normal. Then when he got a bit older it moved to cheek kisses. I think anyone who thinks it weird for a young child to kiss their mummy on the lips is a bit weird themselves. Also I've never had a cold sore and wouldn't kiss people while I had if I had.

kirklancaster 13-07-2016 09:46 AM

The photo is a beautiful and innocent expression of a mother's LOVE for her child, and anything 'sick' is in the warped minds of those complaining - in my opinion.

My three children are grown now but they ALL still kiss me on greeting and leaving - often on the lips - because not only have I raised them to love their family members, but also to express that love.

In an age when children are increasingly being born purely as a result of careless sex - with neither desire for a child nor love for it being involved - and when abuse, neglect, and abandonment into the 'Care System' is also on the increase too as a direct consequence, it is fecking infuriating that these protesting 'critics' are lambasting a caring mother for loving her child.

Alf 13-07-2016 09:50 AM

That is the behaviour of a normal person.

Whoever complained, have a major problem in their life's.

Livia 13-07-2016 09:57 AM

I think it's a lovely picture, beautiful in it's purity and simplicity.

Glenn. 13-07-2016 10:01 AM

It's disgusting.

Glenn. 13-07-2016 10:02 AM

Jokes. People need to chill out. Bantz

arista 13-07-2016 10:12 AM

"the warped minds of
those complaining - in my opinion. "

Yes Kirk
Send them to Australia
on a massive ship Hire

Northern Monkey 13-07-2016 11:51 AM

For women i'd say it's perfectly fine.Don't see anything wrong with it.I would'nt go kissing my lads on the lips:joker:

smudgie 13-07-2016 01:45 PM

Heaven knows what the narrow minded twits would make of me planting a smacker on my dads lips when he was in his eighties then.

Shaun 13-07-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

‘Eww sorry I’m old fashioned it looks like they making out
You're not old-fashioned, you're just ****ing blind, love. Honestly, what a fuss over nothing.