ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   "Civillian" BB? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305407)

johnx 16-07-2016 12:35 PM

"Civillian" BB?

I'm sure it's been noted by many but looking at the resumes of this batch of BB contestants it's clear they aren't really civillans in the truest term.They've all had some kind of brush with "fame" in the past-not quite Z-list celebrities more Z-minus celebrities.Maybe after over a decade of non stop reality shows there are few people left who haven't turned up in some dodgy show or other.It's a long way from the days when "normal" people made up the cast.Real members of the public are probably not deemed to be good TV by those in media-land.

johnx 16-07-2016 12:45 PM

Sam and Jackson are models?? Theres hope for us all!

chuff me dizzy 16-07-2016 12:54 PM

Bring back dustbin men ,plumbers,builders NORMAL people

Headie 16-07-2016 01:00 PM

Evelyn is a "normal" person, she moved to London on her own accord a few years ago, she applied for the show herself, went through the full audition process, has never been in the papers/television/radio before. Same for Hughie I think.

JayBlaze 16-07-2016 01:00 PM

Bring back Marcus Akin, the irrepressible dark horse was a man of the people.

Headie 16-07-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8824259)
Bring back dustbin men ,plumbers,builders NORMAL people

But they can be boring at times too, you need a bit of variety in there. E.g. Jason is your favourite but he has been in movies and films as stunt doubles, has an aston martin etc and you think he's a great housemate, why would you want to get rid of that?

I honestly don't care about their backgrounds tbh as long as the cast is good I don't complain

chuff me dizzy 16-07-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBlaze (Post 8824267)

One of the worst hm8s ever

chuff me dizzy 16-07-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 8824269)
But they can be boring at times too, you need a bit of variety in there. E.g. Jason is your favourite but he has been in movies and films as stunt doubles, has an aston martin etc and you think he's a great housemate, why would you want to get rid of that?

I honestly don't care about their backgrounds tbh as long as the cast is good I don't complain

Why single Jason out ? ALL of them have a claim to something ,civilian BB should mean just that ,these semi famous groups there are having now just isn't working IMO

Headie 16-07-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8824298)
Why single Jason out ? ALL of them have a claim to something ,civilian BB should mean just that ,these semi famous groups there are having now just isn't working IMO

Just because he is your favourite, I'm just trying to make the point that you can like some of the "semi famous" ones, just because they've had a bit of fame doesn't mean they'll be a bad housemate

chuff me dizzy 16-07-2016 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 8824299)
Just because he is your favourite, I'm just trying to make the point that you can like some of the "semi famous" ones, just because they've had a bit of fame doesn't mean they'll be a bad housemate

Including Jason I still wish civilian BB would go back to what it originally was

brisbanebroncos 16-07-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBlaze (Post 8824267)

I could not agree more.

Easily the greatest UK houseguest ever.

thisisdanny 16-07-2016 05:38 PM

Marcus was awful goddammit

VanessaFeltz. 16-07-2016 05:53 PM

well lots of things suprised me in this forum but i never thought i would see this

BB15: Pavandeep