ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Hughie Why is him falling in the pool regarded as "a classic moment" (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306195)

Shaun 25-07-2016 10:14 PM

Why is him falling in the pool regarded as "a classic moment"

when it was basic af?

armand.kay 25-07-2016 10:15 PM

i found him passing out in the garden more eventful.

T* 25-07-2016 10:16 PM

Because other than jayne, this series is just forced entertainment and mostly basic.

zakman440 25-07-2016 10:16 PM

They showed Jayne's iconic "ARE YOU ON DRUGS?!" rant afterwards so they're forgiven.

Amy Jade 25-07-2016 10:18 PM

I don't get it either, it was funny in the moment but it's not a classic at all imo

I can only think of 3 iconic moments this series

• Jayne and Charlie when the others were revealed

• Teesh's attempt to sit on the BB chair

• are you on ****IN drugs?

armand.kay 25-07-2016 10:19 PM

- Jayne and charlie dancing at the office party is the only classic moment that needs mentioning. confirmed.

MB. 25-07-2016 10:20 PM

I mean it was at least slightly better than "Sam consents to the rules of a task"

chuff me dizzy 25-07-2016 10:20 PM

No other moment comes close to the BEST eviction of not only this series, but up there with any other series of BB ...... Watching the Welsh Beyonce get her arse booted out of the show :dance::cheer2:

Mystic Mock 25-07-2016 10:20 PM

I don't get that either and I'm a Hughie fan.

I like him a lot more when his just relaxing and having a laugh.

lewis111 25-07-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8851433)
I don't get it either, it was funny in the moment but it's not a classic at all imo

I can only think of 3 iconic moments this series

• Jayne and Charlie when the others were revealed

• Teesh's attempt to sit on the BB chair

• are you on ****IN drugs?

Omg I forgot about Jaynes iconic weakest link speech

Mystic Mock 25-07-2016 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom* (Post 8851415)
Because other than jayne, this series is just forced entertainment and mostly basic.

Jayne's the very definition of forced entertainment as those whiny tantrums are heavily staged by herself.:laugh:

Not to say that they can't be amusing on the odd occasion, but it's true.

rusticgal 25-07-2016 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom* (Post 8851415)

....so Jaynes meltdowns weren't forced entertainment??...

Jayne isn't a bad person...without the fake meltdowns she could have been a possible winner. She was the mother of the house and got on well with the young ones...but she tried too hard to be one of them IMO.
Her overacting for the sake of getting noticed...airtime etc just let her down. She didn't need to do it. One minute she's being Mrs sensible and the next minute throwing her toys out the Pram like a 5 year old didn't do it for me. Too diverse... Showed a fakeness and exposed her for the actress she is.
Shame really.

lewis111 25-07-2016 10:37 PM

Jaynes fall in the pool >>>>

rusticgal 25-07-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8851461)
No other moment comes close to the BEST eviction of not only this series, but up there with any other series of BB ...... Watching the Welsh Beyonce get her arse booted out of the show :dance::cheer2:

I couldn't agree more...along with Jason's other reasons he was big enough to get rid of "the favourite"...and he was big enough to say it.
It was the best moment ever and completely changed the game. :cheer2:

Mystic Mock 25-07-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 8851626)
I couldn't agree more...along with Jason's other reasons he was big enough to get rid of "the favourite"...and he was big enough to say it.
It was the best moment ever and completely changed the game. :cheer2:

It's definitely my favourite Jason moment.

I do however like the fact that Ch5 had their very first Queen Bee type on BB, as it hadn't really happened after Josie on Ch4.

Littlegreen 25-07-2016 10:44 PM

I think it's because of all the attention it got on social media at the time.

It's funny but he has better moments.

Lostie! 25-07-2016 10:46 PM

Yeah it was humorous but I think it was funnier for them in there (in their drunken states especially).

kirklancaster 25-07-2016 11:00 PM

Hughie's 'fall into the pool' was as fake as Lateysha's deliberately planned trouser ripping incident - and engineered for EXACTLY the same reason.

Both are pure B.S.

hot2go 25-07-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8851461)

I agree .... Good on so many levels

Hughie falling in the pool was the relief that was needed after watching the excruciatingly embarrassing dancing he was doing immediately beforehand....he needed to fall in the pool cause if he hadn't we'd only have the tragic image of him writhing around on the floor in our heads.

Jack_ 25-07-2016 11:39 PM

It was amusing the first time but it's pretty overrated, Hughie as a housemate has had much funnier moments than that

One of the most hilarious incidents of that ilk for me this series was that night when Marco was trashed singing Love Yourself to a bemused Andy in the smoking area who was pulling some hysterical ':umm2:' and ':unsure:' faces

Drew. 25-07-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8852059)
It was amusing the first time but it's pretty overrated, Hughie as a housemate has had much funnier moments than that

One of the most hilarious incidents of that ilk for me this series was that night when Marco was trashed singing Love Yourself to a bemused Andy in the smoking area who was pulling some hysterical ':umm2:' and ':unsure:' faces

Yess, this

Visage 25-07-2016 11:44 PM

I actually found the housemates reaction to this funnier than Hughie falling into the pool.

hot2go 25-07-2016 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8852059)

Oh God !! That is still my favourite moment of the entire series :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm laughing again just thinking about it ....I just loved it

Perfection

hot2go 25-07-2016 11:47 PM

I'm so chuffed that there are others in this thread who found it funny too.....I really thought I was the only one who did because Marco was so unpopular at that time

Jack_ 25-07-2016 11:50 PM

Here we go

https://www.facebook.com/theorlacle/...0353340353638/

:joker: :joker: :joker: :joker: :joker:

It's the raised eyebrow 'what the **** is going on' sigh at the end that gets me