ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   BBC Bias (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306513)

StephenPullen 28-07-2016 12:25 PM

BBC Bias

Loving the BBC's biased reporting of the Democratic National Convention and Hillary Clinton.

No word about the protests from Bernie Sanders' supporters, the Wikileaks emails, Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Clinton's flip-flopping surrounding the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Clinton's appointment of a Wall Street controlled Vice President, Clinton's ZERO mention of ISIS and terrorism...

Firewire 28-07-2016 12:26 PM

Good

Stan ha :clap1:

StephenPullen 28-07-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 8862672)
Good

Stan ha :clap1:

You think the misrepresentation of the truth, blatant endorsement of a foreign political candidate by a public-owned corporation, and edited audio is good?

Firewire 28-07-2016 12:29 PM

It doesn't matter since it's not an American broadcaster

Firewire 28-07-2016 12:29 PM

And you could say the same about Fox News's blatant bias for the GOP

StephenPullen 28-07-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 8862679)
And you could say the same about Fox News's blatant bias for the GOP

I'm not talking about American broadcasters. I'm talking about how a British tax-payer owned corporation seems to be openly endorsing a political candidate by only offering a one-sided view. Fox News can do what it wants as it is owned commercially by BSKYB - it has no obligations to fulfill and it can act as it wants. The BBC on the other hand...

arista 28-07-2016 12:36 PM

"I'm talking about how a British tax-payer owned corporation seems to be openly endorsing a political candidate by only offering a one-sided view."

Bang On Right

Ninastar 28-07-2016 12:45 PM

Pretty much all of the UK news channels are biased for Hillary/Obama. Then again I suppose most news channels are biased in some ways. Don't think i've ever seen a news channel thats pretty much half/half

Livia 28-07-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 8862701)
Pretty much all of the UK news channels are biased for Hillary/Obama. Then again I suppose most news channels are biased in some ways. Don't think i've ever seen a news channel thats pretty much half/half

I think pretty much all people are biased towards her, not just news channels. She's not the ideal choice for president but the alternative is surely unthinkable. I want the US voters to say something to Trump he hasn't heard, probably in his whole life: No.

Ninastar 28-07-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8862705)
I think pretty much all people are biased towards her, not just news channels. She's not the ideal choice for president but the alternative is surely unthinkable. I want the US voters to say something to Trump he hasn't heard, probably in his whole life: No.

Oh i totally agree, but to barely mention any of the scandals that have happened is just plain wrong imo.

Livia 28-07-2016 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 8862707)
Oh i totally agree, but to barely mention any of the scandals that have happened is just plain wrong imo.

I wish I could summon up more enthusiasm for it. Aren't you tired of it? And you've got AAAAGES to go yet!

Niamh. 28-07-2016 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninastar (Post 8862707)

are you able to vote there?

Mystic Mock 28-07-2016 07:22 PM

The Media is biased.

Just look at our last General Election that blatantly favoured Cameron over Miliband.

Shaun 28-07-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephenPullen (Post 8862669)
Loving the BBC's biased reporting of the Democratic National Convention and Hillary Clinton.

No word about the protests from Bernie Sanders' supporters, the Wikileaks emails, Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Clinton's flip-flopping surrounding the Trans-Pacific Partnership, Clinton's appointment of a Wall Street controlled Vice President, Clinton's ZERO mention of ISIS and terrorism...

I watched the coverage of most of the speeches live as they happened and they absolutely did mention the Sanders' supporters refusing to support her, the emails scandals, and as far as I'm aware Clinton doesn't actually address them until tonight so can't really comment on the others you've mentioned?

The Veep candidate Kaine didn't really get much coverage, I'll give you that, he was just constantly referred to as a "safe choice" and someone with links to the military and centre grounds that's been chosen to try and win over disenfranchised republicans.

MTVN 28-07-2016 08:18 PM

The BBC are permanently between a rock and a hard place where basically anything they broadcast - or neglect to broadcast - is perceived as a slight against one viewpoint or the other. You can forensically examine anything for signs of bias and foam at the mouth about it or you can recognise that they have nothing to gain from favouring either side and appreciate that the BBCs world coverage is overall absolutely fantastic

Ninastar 28-07-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8862721)
are you able to vote there?

I think so, but I really dont know what to do because both options are awful.

the truth 28-07-2016 08:59 PM

bbc news is pathetic

joeysteele 28-07-2016 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the truth (Post 8865043)
bbc news is pathetic

Very true,you can say that again, they are all over the place at times.

the truth 28-07-2016 11:05 PM

theyve got so many rules so much political correctness in the end they simply arent free to report the news , its like john cravens childrens newsround

arista 29-07-2016 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 8864360)
The BBC are permanently between a rock and a hard place where basically anything they broadcast - or neglect to broadcast - is perceived as a slight against one viewpoint or the other. You can forensically examine anything for signs of bias and foam at the mouth about it or you can recognise that they have nothing to gain from favouring either side and appreciate that the BBCs world coverage is overall absolutely fantastic

Of Course MTVN
the poor around the World
need the BBC.

But it matters for us in the UK

I have stated this before on another thread,
on the London Bombing
It was shocking that the BBC Reports
kept saying it was Gas Explosions?
Why the Feck would the BBC do that?

Of course SkyNews
(The UK's First 24/7 News Station)
called it a "Terrorist Attack" once more
than one went off.
The Public must know the truth
FAST.

SkyNewsHD, 2nd to none
Free on YouTube in Full HD

MTVN 29-07-2016 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 8867080)
Of Course MTVN
the poor around the World
need the BBC.

But it matters for us in the UK

I have stated this before on another thread,
on the London Bombing
It was shocking that the BBC Reports
kept saying it was Gas Explosions?
Why the Feck would the BBC do that?

Of course SkyNews
(The UK's First 24/7 News Station)
called it a "Terrorist Attack" once more
than one went off.
The Public must know the truth
FAST.

SkyNewsHD, 2nd to none
Free on YouTube in Full HD

Thats cause they always have to be so cautious though in case they're accused of reporting something inaccurate or of pushing one agenda, they're always restricted to reporting official statements and the like instead