ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Biggins bisexual comment (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306849)

azi 02-08-2016 04:56 AM

More disappointed in Biggins than Renee since he is gay and should understand more.

Ammi 02-08-2016 05:05 AM

..what would Sir Ian McKellen say...age is never an excuse for mind-sets like this because he's lived many years from back in the day of whatever the views were then..he's not been in a cocoon for all of his life...and he has never seemed like the sort of person to want to say things just for the 'shock factor' either so, so disappointing that he would have said something like that and that he actually believes it..?..

alex_front2 02-08-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspeonBB (Post 8876135)
What the hell is Hot Boyz From Brazil

Oops, I meant Hot Twinks from Brazil. :laugh:

http://countdown.onlineclock.net/
Countdown till BB17 comes out 100% gay. We knew all along Hughie.

arista 02-08-2016 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovebigbrotheruk (Post 8875578)
"Bisexuals are people who don't want to admit to being gay".

Wtf? :nono:

How ignorant can you be?

He is a Snob

chuff me dizzy 02-08-2016 08:04 AM

HIS opinion ,and no one has the right to tell him he's wrong

Ellen 02-08-2016 08:11 AM

Biggins expressed his own opinion in a chat. For all we know he could have met a few bisexuals in his lifetime who didnt want to admit to been gay and maybe came out as gay at a later date and that is where his opinion came from.

alex_front2 02-08-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iRyan (Post 8876465)
I'm surprised nobody took them up on those comments either.

Maybe just maybe the rest of housemates are not special snowflake enablers and actually agreed with Biggins. Just a thought.

VanessaFeltz. 02-08-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8876662)
Maybe just maybe the rest of housemates are not special snowflake enablers and actually agreed with Biggins. Just a thought.

are you gay?

joeysteele 02-08-2016 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8876561)
..what would Sir Ian McKellen say...age is never an excuse for mind-sets like this because he's lived many years from back in the day of whatever the views were then..he's not been in a cocoon for all of his life...and he has never seemed like the sort of person to want to say things just for the 'shock factor' either so, so disappointing that he would have said something like that and that he actually believes it..?..

I have friends who are bisexual,I think Biggins was wrong to generalise,he too 'must', in my view, know people who are bisexual.

Changed my mind as to him in an instant when he said that, and even worse stuck by it.

Ammi 02-08-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 8876676)
I have friends who are bisexual,I think Biggins was wrong to generalise,he too 'must', in my view, know people who are bisexual.

Changed my mind as to him in an instant when he said that, and even worse stuck by it.

...and also especially as he's older, rather than be any kind of 'excusing', Joey because of the more closed mind-sets back in the day compared to now....I wonder how many times (back in the day..).. either he or someone he knows would have had something like..'homosexuality, that's not a 'real' thing surely but some kind of choice..?..' thrown at them....just staggering that he could hold such a view of bi-sexuality....

smudgie 02-08-2016 08:48 AM

Perhaps he has only met people that said they were bi but turned out to be gay, perhaps not wanting to come out. Not forgetting he has been around for a very long time and things were very different when it was all illegal.:shrug:
None of us have a clue to what he has experienced in his life or the people he has met down the years.
He was simply giving his personal opinion, hardly asking for their heads on a plate.

alex_front2 02-08-2016 08:49 AM

To all those who say Biggins didn't mean this, he did. It's a long held belief
http://attitude.co.uk/christopher-bi...ls-ruin-lives/

Fair dues, he's going up against his "community", along with the US agony Uncle Dan Savage, I'm beginning to see the so called LGBT community isn't one big happy family. I see plenty of gay guys who don't believe in transgender people, 'Drop the T'. Civil War is brewing in LGBT.

*Grabs popcorn *

Liam- 02-08-2016 08:52 AM

In my life, the majority of people I know that have come out as bi, have later come out as gay, so I can see why people would think that it's more of a 'stepping stone' sexuality, for people to test the waters with people's reactions to them liking the same gender, but to tar 100% of bisexual people with that brush is wrong.

Tom4784 02-08-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 8876641)

In my OPINION he is wrong and ignorant and unlike Renee who isn't apart of the LGBT scene and doesn't understand it, he has no excuse for his ignorance.

Opinions are a two way street.

calyman 02-08-2016 10:18 AM

It's not for old buffoons like him to dictate what is bisexuality or even gayness. He comes from a generation where it was acceptable among many repressed gay men to marry a woman and thereby ruin their own and their wife's life. Fortunately we live in more enlightened times. Whatever one calls oneself, they are obviously comfortable with that title. There is no "GLBT" Licence Board dictating how you must perceive yourself.

parmnion 02-08-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8876747)
In my OPINION he is wrong and ignorant and unlike Renee who isn't apart of the LGBT scene and doesn't understand it, he has no excuse for his ignorance.

Opinions are a two way street.

I doubt it's ignorance on Christopher's behalf, he has made that judgement from years and years of experience so I don't think it's fair to call him ignorant.:nono:

Tom4784 02-08-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 8876789)
I doubt it's ignorance on Christopher's behalf, he has made that judgement from years and years of experience so I don't think it's fair to call him ignorant.:nono:

To deny a sexuality just because it doesn't fit with his view of the world is ignorant.

Niamh. 02-08-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

except bisexual people of course..who would actually know for a fact that he was wrong ...........

bitontheslide 02-08-2016 10:56 AM

Does anyone really believe that Biggins is the all seeing, ultimate in wisdom Oracle? :laugh:

The guy is a knob end, always has been. He has never asked to be treated seriously by the public in anything he has done, so why should he now be taken seriously for 1 comment made in passing? Too funny :laugh:

caprimint 02-08-2016 11:25 AM

It's incredibly dumb. Forcing yourself to 'choose a side' is ridiculous. Why do people have to have a label? It's possible to be completely open about who you fall in love with instead of putting yourself in a box with one gender.

alex_front2 02-08-2016 11:37 AM

Marnie came out as bi to a great deal of media hype and fanfare, she even scored a cover of a lesbian mag Diva (Marnie became "famous" during the last days of lads mags and even she didn't get to be on their covers), so she gets all the publicity of saying she's bi ala Drew Barrymore and the others I've listed in this thread and surprise surprise she's now back on the coŁk diet

http://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz...her-sexuality/

Women don't satisfy her like men, spoken like a straight lass. Well done Marnie great publicity coup from all the media bi coming out hype. A few more drunken snkgs with girls and she might cement her place as a TV reality fixture. I suspect she will not be bothering any vaginas ever again :laugh2:

Forgot to add to the bi now gay later list of men:
Duncan James from Boyband Blue came out as bi in a blaze of glory, -telling the world how hot and sexy men were and how sweet women were (not hot, not sexy, but sweet :laugh:, bless).

Frank Ocean came out as bi during Channel Orange era a few years back but is now quietly out as gay.

George Shelly ex Union J originally hinted he was bisexual but has now playing the don't label me card and become more coy and has been linked with a string of men. Got a feeling in 5years time there will still be no female partners on the scene. Just a hunch.

Olie Locke from Made In Chelsea came out bi about 2 years ago, everyone laughed at his supposed interest in women, he got very indignant when everyone shrugged and said he was actually gay. Women weren't interested. Fast forward 2 years, I think we all know what happened next. :laugh3:

This is where I differ from Biggins, whereas he sees bisexuals as being gays not fully out I see bisexuals as being g people into men but claiming to like women for nefarious reasons but as reasons womens reasons different to men.

VanessaFeltz. 02-08-2016 11:48 AM

yeah celebrities and their fame hunger represent every single bi person:umm2:

Anaesthesia 02-08-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelihV (Post 8876909)

Of course they don't. But there is a certain perception amongst certain fame-*****s that a bit of supposed bisexuality might make them appear a little more wild and therefore interesting.

Of course there are genuine bisexuals, as there is every shade on the sexuality scale. But the bi-celebs mostly fall into the experimental / fame-hungry, titillation variety imo.

Personally I dont think there's any need to shout about whatever it is you prefer in the bedroom.

VanessaFeltz. 02-08-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaesthesia (Post 8876922)
Of course they don't. But there is a certain perception amongst certain fame-*****s that a bit of supposed bisexuality might make them appear a little more wild and therefore interesting.

Of course there are genuine bisexuals, as there is every shade on the sexuality scale. But the bi-celebs mostly fall into the experimental / fame-hungry, titillation variety imo.

you are right about celebs but their behaviour tells more about them rather than biseuxality in general

alex_front2 02-08-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelihV (Post 8876909)

Or maybe rather than throwing insults at Jessie J et al, you can accept their bisexuality was a phase, an experiment a mistake and now they are solidly on the man train.

I could list people I know who claimed bisexuality and sincerely meant it but are now totally into guys but saying ginger Josh who works in accounts who is now out as gay would be unknown to all here.

Some more bi females solidly on the man train :

Amanda Palmer Dresden dolls singer. Banged on and on and on about being queer, anti conformist, a sexual rebel. Guess what she's now married to Neil Gaiman. A woman married to a man, how avant guard. :laugh:

Sia likes to play the bi card but was in a long term relationship with a male partner who passed away Dan Pontifex. Briefly kissed a girl sort of liked it in wave of media hype but is back with a man, long term married to Erik Anders.

Poor women, these bi types don't really seem to like you muchmu certainly not to marry or long term , :joker:

Anaesthesia 02-08-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelihV (Post 8876926)
you are right about celebs but their behaviour tells more about them rather than biseuxality in general

Agree.

Anaesthesia 02-08-2016 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8876927)
Or maybe rather than throwing insults at Jessie J et al, you can accept their bisexuality was a phase, an experiment and now they are solidly on the man train.

I could list people I know who claimed bisexuality and sincerely meant it but are now totally into guys.

Amanda Palmer Dresden dolls singer. Banged on and on and on about being queer, anti conformist, a sexual rebel. Guess what she's now married to Neil Gaiman. A woman married to a man, how avant guard. :laugh:

Sia likes to play the bi card but was in a long term relationship with a male partner who passed away. Briefly kissed a girl sort of liked it but is back with a man, long term.

Poor women, these bi types don't really seem to like you much. :joker:

Actually, I would probably say Sam Fox is a genuine bisexual.

VanessaFeltz. 02-08-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8876927)
Or maybe rather than throwing insults at Jessie J et al, you can accept their bisexuality was a phase, an experiment and now they are solidly on the man train.

I could list people I know who claimed bisexuality and sincerely meant it but are now totally into guys.

Sia likes to play the bi card but was in a long term relationship with a male partner who passed away. Briefly kissed a girl sort of liked it but is back with a man, long term.

Poor women, these bi types don't really seem to like you much. :joker:

it really doesnt matter how many people you know that used bi as a phrase if there is one person truly likes both genders then bisexuality is real.

i am not bisexual but i know the pain so when they speak about it i believe that because of the mutual experimence

Headie 02-08-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

So I suppose Winston McKenzie shouldn't have been criticised for saying that gay marriage is child abuse because it's his opinion?

Withano 02-08-2016 01:10 PM

Why do people think its fine for others to be incorrect because its their opinion?
Having an opinion which opposes common knowledge just makes you an idiot
You clearly havent researched it because if you did, you wouldnt have that "opinion"

If it was my opinion that penguins dont exist, that would just make me an idiot. I'd argue that I've never seen one even though its snowed loads of times in England but that wouldnt make my opinion any less stupid. Some things require an education, not an opinion. Bisexuality is one of them.

Livia 02-08-2016 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 8876999)
Why do people think its fine for others to be incorrect because its their opinion?
You clearly havent researched it because if you did, you wouldnt have that "opinion"

If it was my opinion that penguins dont exist, that would just make me an idiot. I'd argue that I've never seen one even though its snowed loads of times in England but that wouldnt make my opinion any less stupid. Some things require an education, not an opinion. Bisexuality is one of them.

Post of the thread. Nothing else to say... move along now.

Cherie 02-08-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaesthesia (Post 8876922)

Personally I dont think there's any need to shout about whatever it is you prefer in the bedroom.

puzzled 02-08-2016 01:57 PM

I don't know how non-bi people have the gall to tell people who are bi that they aren't. Biggins really should know better. After all, he lived in an era when people denied that people were born gay, but they chose to be gay. I'm older than Biggins, so I don't give him a pass.

lewis111 02-08-2016 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 8876999)

Exactly, no one can argue against this

MB. 02-08-2016 03:19 PM

Well, here comes The Guardian

VanessaFeltz. 02-08-2016 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puzzled (Post 8877033)
I don't know how non-bi people have the gall to tell people who are bi that they aren't. Biggins really should know better. After all, he lived in an era when people denied that people were born gay, but they chose to be gay. I'm older than Biggins, so I don't give him a pass.

i wish every parent would be as wise as you we would have an amazing generation

hot2go 02-08-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 8876940)
So I suppose Winston McKenzie shouldn't have been criticised for saying that gay marriage is child abuse because it's his opinion?

What Winston said isn't true but it's his belief ....if he was against gay people or attacking them it would be wrong but he was only expressing his beliefs....like millions of other idiots he believes what the bible teaches and therefore that is his faith...he lives by the bible so believes it is a sin to be gay and a sin to have sex outside of marriage ....personally I would be happy to see every church burned to the ground but I respect that is his faith and he has to follow it.
I don't agree with women being second class and being made to live behind burkas but I have to respect that is the faith of some religions and therefore it's their truth. Winstons harsh delivery of his beliefs was expressed completely wrong which makes him a dip sh-t IMO but his choice to live by the bible is his right. I am gay but I choose to see it from his perspective and I understand it. Do I agree ? no, I don't but I understand his reasons.

LeatherTrumpet 02-08-2016 03:53 PM

Iv not checked but any actual evidence in this thread to say he is wrong specifically or is it all just standard guesswork based on prejudice?

hot2go 02-08-2016 04:01 PM

Biggins is 67 years old....he didn't grow up in the world young people know today...his generation fought all the way to make that world a safer place for gay people today ..he remembers what it was like to be gay in the 60s when it was still illegal...he lived through the 80s when being gay was seen as a death sentence and it took courage to admit you were gay when everyone else around you hated your guts and was scared of you.
His remark about bisexuals comes directly from those experiences....in the past when a lot of gay guys were taking it up the aisle and pretending to play happy families, Biggins and many like him were fighting for equality so of course he doesn't respect the concept of bisexuality....even today a lot of gay men live straight lives and use gay guys for sex on the side.
That is his perspective and I can see how it would be. If he was 25 and saying that it would be totally odd but he's 67 and people should consider his age and the era he grew up in before judging him.

Anaesthesia 02-08-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot2go (Post 8877192)
Biggins is 67 years old....he didn't grow up in the world young people know today...his generation fought all the way to make that world a safer place for gay people today ..he remembers what it was like to be gay in the 60s when it was still illegal...he lived through the 80s when being gay was seen as a death sentence and it took courage to admit you were gay when everyone else around you hated your guts and was scared of you.
His remark about bisexuals comes directly from those experiences....in the past when a lot of gay guys were taking it up the aisle and pretending to play happy families, Biggins and many like him were fighting for equality so of course he doesn't respect the concept of bisexuality....even today a lot of gay men live straight lives and use gay guys for sex on the side.
That is his perspective and I can see how it would be. If he was 25 and saying that it would be totally odd but he's 67 and people should consider his age and the era he grew up in before judging him.

I think there is a lot of sense in what you say, he is also from an era where it wasn't discussed, certainly from an era where porn wasn't all over the internet and "lesbianism" wasn't something for guys to drool over. I do feel that in SOME cases bisexuality is used as a byword for experimentation, and also that an audience wants to see someone swinging both ways, though admittedly, again, that is for the girl on girl.

I also feel that exposure hasn't necessarily been a bad thing in that it has shown an acceptance of those that are bisexual...and I feel that the genuine bisexuals are those like Sam Fox who openly say that they fall in love with a person, not a gender.

Yes, experiment, why not? But unless you can see yourself in a long lasting, loving relationship with a member of either sex, without really minding which, please do not rush to label yourself as bisexual for the cool factor, when it's just experimentation, because it clouds the issue even more.

This from me, who doesn't think it's anyone else's business, let alone a topic for the media, what you like to do.