ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Marnie Simpson Why less popular than Scotty T and Charlotte? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308634)

alex_front2 23-08-2016 06:42 PM

Why less popular than Scotty T and Charlotte?

Let's be honest she probably won't win, she was lucky to have so many Marnie faces on the wheel when Chloe was evicted.

Why has she been less popular than bed wetter Charlotte. Aren't they pretty much a muchness? Drunk, sexually motivated, uncouth and relatable to youths. And yet Mar ie is no way as popular as Scotty T or Charlotte. You can argue that Charlotte has more personality, but Scotty T won and he was tedious. Gas Beadle conned people into voting for Scotty T eg dial the number to win a prize and hey presto you voted for Scotty T. Wonder if Geordie Shore will pull similar stunt again.

Glenn-C 23-08-2016 06:44 PM

Because Scotty T is a male. I haven't seen Charlotte's CBB so I can't really speak for her though

Cal. 23-08-2016 06:45 PM

Charlotte and Scotty T managed to appeal to the general public as well as the Geordie Shore fanbase. Marnie has only appealed to the Geordie Shore fanbase and even they don't really strongly support her - Marnie was the villain of the show for her first 2 seasons and is only just getting similar popularity to some of her co-stars in more recent seasons of the show.

Shaun 23-08-2016 06:47 PM

Charlotte's competition was Carol McGiffin (a one-track battleaxe) and Abz Love (as much as I liked him...well, the less said the more accurate). Marnie is up against better housemates.

And if you're male you're generally allowed to be a braindead orange twat on TV.

Withano 23-08-2016 06:48 PM

Charlotte appeared original. Scotty was a protest vote. Marnies just a twat. Saying that, I never liked these three, Ricci or the tramp who stole from Lady C in the jungle.

Gusto Brunt 23-08-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 8937010)
Charlotte and Scotty T managed to appeal to the general public as well as the Geordie Shore fanbase. Marnie has only appealed to the Geordie Shore fanbase and even they don't really strongly support her - Marnie was the villain of the show for her first 2 seasons and is only just getting similar popularity to some of her co-stars in more recent seasons of the show.

You're right about Charlotte and Scotty. Whilst I don't watch Geordie Shore I acknowledge both Charlotte and Scotty had a warming appeal about them. Both vulgar at times BUT they showed some personality, wit and humility!

Marnie is a total airhead. No personality. No nothing. Not even good looking. She's mega dull. That's why they brought in Lewis to give her a story.

sampvt 23-08-2016 06:51 PM

Charlotte and Scotty t were both up front idiots with no real game plan except being dicks....Marie came across as a deliberate scammer with the showmance and her love sick puppy dog worship of a complete dick did her no favours.

chuff me dizzy 23-08-2016 06:55 PM

I couldn't stand Charlotte or Scotty ,but Marnie is so different to those two a lot nicer girl

Jordan. 23-08-2016 07:02 PM

Charlotte and Scotty were already generally liked by the public before they entered CBB. Marnie has always being polarizing even with GS fans.

Mystic Mock 23-08-2016 07:11 PM

Marnie will be disliked by some people for her looks, she doesn't have a personality, and she had a Showmance with Lewis which his fans wouldn't like that.

Plus she hasn't spoken about ****ting any beds yet.

rusticgal 23-08-2016 07:26 PM

Maybe because we are getting fed up with these shallow 'reality' celebrities.

Lostie! 23-08-2016 07:28 PM

Lord knows, they were ****ing crap too.

Northern Monkey 23-08-2016 07:30 PM

I actually prefer Marnie but i think hooking up with that idiot Lewis has fecked her up

Robodog 23-08-2016 07:30 PM

Agree with most of above

Scotty was dull and gave no memorable CBB moments or show any real depth as a HM, but at least he was polite i guess.

When Marnie came in it just felt like a predictable remake of Charlotte (who didn't do much herself apart from wet the bed and shout 'i'm buzzin').

Plus Marnie's individuality has never come through. She entered the house and within a few hours just happened to "fall in love" with the other reality TV and disappear into his shadow. I don't think many people are buying it.

It doesn't help either that Lewis is vain, aggressive, slimy and keeps on getting his meat and two veg out. His constant showmancing and talking about how great he is, suppressed what little Marnie had to give. If it hadn't have been for him then i'm sure we would have seen more of Marnie. But we will never know now, and to be honest - i don't think we missed much.

Toy Soldier 23-08-2016 08:26 PM

1) Charlotte and Scotty T are two of the more popular GS cast members.

2) Lewis relationship totally defines her CBB, no individuality shown.

3) Bear. Strong votes FOR Bear... strong protest votes AGAINST Bear for others... she's sort of been forgotten in the middle.

Serg 23-08-2016 08:28 PM

Charlotte & Scotty T (Alongside Gaz) are most popular GS members and have bigger fanbase than other GS peeps.
Plus she was really dull.

Bailey2Be 23-08-2016 10:21 PM

I don't mind Marnie either way. She was just blahhhh for me and for for completely wrapped up in the Lewis showmance or not. I don't watch Geordie Shore but I feel like I know nothing more about Marnie now coming up to the final compared to when she entered the house (except that she likes sex a lot and has pooped during sex). Yes Charlotte was crazy and crass but there was just something more likable about Charlotte and Scotty. They just had their own personalities and were fine. Yes Charlotte was a little ott with her setting the bed but other then that she was very likable in the house and stood on her own. Along with Scotty. Marnie just had no interest in anything br Lewis in the house and we never got to see the real side of her. She just comes across as very immature!!

mr rochester 24-08-2016 05:57 PM

Don't think she's got much chance of winning.

reece(: 24-08-2016 06:02 PM

Charl and Scotty had ounces of decency in them

rionablue 24-08-2016 06:17 PM

Marnie is much nicer than the other two idiots. It doesnt matter that she wont win Lewis has ruined alot of what could have been a much better series for Marnie but I like her and I couldnt STAND Scotty and that awful Charlotte. I am glad she made the final and she must have SOME people who are voting for her or she wouldnt be still in there. The eviction crowds love her she is the ONLY one that has got all cheers from what I can make out. I have never seen that awful show she is part of and I wish young women and men didnt sell themselves to those shows but I have found Marnie THE LEAST BITCHY and even though very crude at times quite a funny likeable young woman

jaxie 24-08-2016 06:30 PM

If you've ever watched GS, Marnie is a brat and not a particularly likeable character. Charlotte and Scotty are much bigger, more popular characters in GS.

Ian Coke 24-08-2016 06:33 PM

As with Viz, people get sick of people from Newcastle, eventually.