ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Long term Fans are abandoning the show (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309059)

elliebrew 27-08-2016 06:15 AM

Long term Fans are abandoning the show

CBB18 and Bears win has been the terminal blow for a lot of long term fans, me included

There's no way back from this

I used to get excited at the prospect of seeing celebrities I grew up watching in the BB house

Now I just feel angry that they get disrespected by the chavvy viewers, and completely edited out of the highlights in favour of sponsored structured reality TV wannabes who have an unfair advantage and ready made fanbase in the younger viewers

Is no longer a fair fight

cassieparis 27-08-2016 07:04 AM

"Long term Fans are abandoning the show"
Yes, because the manipulations by the producers, which started with the first series are now so calculated, exploitative, blatant and disrespectful to the voting public than ever before.

You are so right, Elliebrew, Rivals to the odds on favourites are being promoted and elevated so aggressively and immorally in order to increase the volume of votes.

Without the Bear Show (he was a gift to the producers, they had an angry aggressive sociopath to televise. TV Gold) Renee would have won and the voting revenue would have been poor or a lot poorer.

With the Bear Show, bottom feeders get a much needed outlet :joker: and those outraged by his promotion that would never usually pick up their phones wake up and vote for Ricky, Bear's polar opposite.

The producers are the real winners and their partners -the bookies pay out very little to the handful that put money on Bear in the first hours of the show. When his odds were probably a zillion to one.

mr rochester 27-08-2016 07:08 AM

Awful Production Team

Have banged on about this all series.

Quite frankly it was an insult...

Rank amateurs and incompetents...

sampvt 27-08-2016 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr rochester (Post 8948997)
Awful Production Team

Have banged on about this all series.

Quite frankly it was an insult...

Rank amateurs and incompetents...

Says it all in 4 lines. Total pre scripted bag of ****e now.

Yaki da 27-08-2016 08:27 AM

I don't care who won. The show is in the gutter though and that is as much to do with the producers as it is the channel.

Cal. 27-08-2016 09:01 AM

This happened with Helen winning and then the Celebrity Big Brother a few months later was the highest rating in half a decade.

Maxxie. 27-08-2016 09:20 AM

I think Bear won as a lot of anti-Bear viewers didn't trust the producers so didn't even vote for Ricky, I'm one of them who would of voted for Ricky if it were free but I got paranoid that it'd be fixed for Bear anyway, but at the end of the day, Bear won because he got more votes to win than Ricky although that's probably the reason why.

Vicky. 27-08-2016 01:00 PM

I doubt the ratings will suffer as the majority are just throwing the toys out of the the pram at getting a winner they dislike and will be watching next series anyway :laugh:

Vicky. 27-08-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 8949067)
This happened with Helen winning and then the Celebrity Big Brother a few months later was the highest rating in half a decade.

And this. The amount of 'thats it, not watching anymore' posts/tweets etc and nothing changed...except MORE watched :D

Cherie 27-08-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8949387)
I doubt the ratings will suffer as the majority are just throwing the toys out of the the pram at getting a winner they dislike and will be watching next series anyway :laugh:

Pretty much, if Renee won it would be hailed as the greatest series ever :hee:

Ashley. 27-08-2016 01:34 PM

Yeah I highly doubt Bear will scare viewers away. In fact, I'm more likely to watch the next series just knowing that Bear won't be in it.

Lampfan 27-08-2016 01:36 PM

Toys out of the pram.

BB has been garbage since it moved to C5 but I can't stop watching and I guarantee you'll watch the next one. C5 gave me Aaron and I am forever grateful :cheer2:

Vicky. 27-08-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 8949435)
Yeah I highly doubt Bear will scare viewers away. In fact, I'm more likely to watch the next series just knowing that Bear won't be in it.

This too..the amount of people who claimed to turn off because of him (but oddly enough still knew exactly what happened on each HL show :suspect: ) will surely watch again now he wont be on it :laugh:

bitontheslide 27-08-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8949440)
This too..the amount of people who claimed to turn off because of him (but oddly enough still knew exactly what happened on each HL show :suspect: ) will surely watch again now he wont be on it :laugh:

i only watched the evictions shows for 3 weeks, it was easy to keep up to date on the forum :laugh:

I don't like being treated like a fool by a tv show, and that's what BB is doing now. They may well be able to sustain an audience, that doesnt interest me, if I don't get enjoyment out of the show I won't watch it.

Niamh. 27-08-2016 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 8949452)
i only watched the evictions shows for 3 weeks, it was easy to keep up to date on the forum :laugh:

I don't like being treated like a fool by a tv show, and that's what BB is doing now. They may well be able to sustain an audience, that doesnt interest me, if I don't get enjoyment out of the show I won't watch it

Same, I stopped watching during the civilian show. It's over for me I think :(

Lampfan 27-08-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 8949452)

I don't like being treated like a fool by a tv show, and that's what BB is doing now. They may well be able to sustain an audience, that doesnt interest me, if I don't get enjoyment out of the show I won't watch it.

Yeah but it's still got a hook on you. I know the feeling. Got fed up with WWE 3/4 years ago but I still pay for the box office events. Go figure.

Vicky. 27-08-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8949457)
Same, I stopped watching during the civilian show. It's over for me I think :(

I will remind you of this when the next civil series is filled with Brian and Aaron and Kate types :D

/prays

Vicky. 27-08-2016 01:59 PM

Actually in seriousness, I think thats why I still watch. In the vague hope it might be anything like the earlier days or with someone I find actually interesting in it. Unfortunately I have to watch for at least a week, usually 2, before I can decide those things. And by 2 weeks..I am hooked even if there is noone I particularly like :(

Niamh. 27-08-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 8949461)
I will remind you of this when the next civil series is filled with Brian and Aaron and Kate types :D

/prays

I wish, I would come back to it if that happened of course but I think those days are long gone now. We're destined for the Reality star types I think

T* 27-08-2016 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who Is She? (Post 8949067)

Hmm there's something about CBB being so highly rated that leaves more of a blow than BB15 did I think

T* 27-08-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8949464)
I wish, I would come back to it if that happened of course but I think those days are long gone now. We're destined for the Reality star types I think

God damn Channel 4 how could you let us go to them
If Channel 4 had kept it and just kept it on the back burner for a few years and then came back with it in like 2013 the ratings would of come shooting back because people would be like 'oh I miss that show!' Rather than 'it's still on' due to the fact C5 can't promo

Withano 27-08-2016 02:04 PM

Theyd have to pull off a ****ing brilliant cast to convince me to watch the next series. And if Rylan hosts it, they better hope Gaga or Obama is free

Withano 27-08-2016 02:06 PM

Its the nomination rules that bug me the most. They wanted Bear in the final so they made it every one with one nom is up. They didnt want Bear in the first eviction so it was the top two alone. They can pick and choose to get the result they want and I'm over that. Same goes for civilian. I'd watch it if its a great cast but I'm near certain that theyll fill it with zlist models again.

Niamh. 27-08-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom* (Post 8949468)
God damn Channel 4 how could you let us go to them
If Channel 4 had kept it and just kept it on the back burner for a few years and then came back with it in like 2013 the ratings would of come shooting back because people would be like 'oh I miss that show!' Rather than 'it's still on' due to the fact C5 can't promo

Yeah, I didn't want that at the time but in hindsight you're probably right. I really liked the first Series of C5s civilian version though so I had high hopes at the start.

T* 27-08-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8949477)
Yeah, I didn't want that at the time but in hindsight you're probably right. I really liked the first Series of C5s civilian version though so I had high hopes at the start.

None of us did TBH
We all thought it was going to be horrid not having one a year but it'd actually be a blessing in disguise