ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Christopher Biggins Any word from him? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309075)

alex_front2 27-08-2016 10:38 AM

Any word from him?

Can't find any comments from him. Anything?

bitontheslide 27-08-2016 10:40 AM

he is currently in Poland buying up washing facilities with his earnings

Robodog 27-08-2016 11:00 AM

Poor Biggins

This series's scapegoat for unintelligent media hysteria

Gusto Brunt 27-08-2016 11:53 AM

He's gone into hiding. Not man enough to face the music.

Livia 30-08-2016 03:42 PM

Gay men were the first group rounded up by the Nazis and placed into concentration camps. Thousands of them were worked and starved to death or gassed. As far as I know, Biggins is a gay men. Jews were not the only victims of the Holocaust and Biggins' treatment has been appalling.

Vicky. 30-08-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8954359)
Gay men were the first group rounded up by the Nazis and placed into concentration camps. Thousands of them were worked and starved to death or gassed. As far as I know, Biggins is a gay men. Jews were not the only victims of the Holocaust and Biggins' treatment has been appalling.

Gotta agree with this. Makes it even worse when katie herself who was apparently mortally offended had no reason why he was removed..stated so...the decided to make him out to be some anti-Semitic monster once the payday chance came. Horrible treatment.

alex_front2 30-08-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Yep, but the way that it's portrayed in media and those who run media you would think that Jews were the only victims. :fist:

y.winter 30-08-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_front2 (Post 8954638)
Yep, but the way that it's portrayed in media and those who run media you would think that Jews were the only victims. :fist:

6 million Jews, more than any others, they were THE target. No one has said that they were the only one - gays, gypsies, handicapped also, but mainly Jews. The "media" is not to blame.

smudgie 30-08-2016 10:04 PM

Too much competition for the Twatsquad, sounds more realistic for them to look for any reason to evict poor Biggins than for some off the cuff stupid joke.:shrug:

Niamh. 31-08-2016 12:48 PM

Didn't really watch this series but I did see Biggins on IAC and thought he was a lovely man. Was that joke the only reason for him being kicked out? If so it seems a bit harsh when you consider the amount of warnings past HMs have had for worse things (imo) and never got kicked out

Livia 31-08-2016 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8955392)
Didn't really watch this series but I did see Biggins on IAC and thought he was a lovely man. Was that joke the only reason for him being kicked out? If so it seems a bit harsh when you consider the amount of warnings past HMs have had for worse things (imo) and never got kicked out

That was the reason. And the fact is Katie Waisel didn't even register the comment at the time. It's only afterwards that she decided to be the Jew with the grievance. Ridiculous woman.

Niamh. 31-08-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 8955411)
That was the reason. And the fact is Katie Waisel didn't even register the comment at the time. It's only afterwards that she decided to be the Jew with the grievance. Ridiculous woman.

mmm, like Helen Wood for example, the way she treated Jale, that caused genuine personal upset, calling her a slug and basically bullying her as in proper bullying, like getting her group to get up and actually leave the room when Jale walked in.....that imo should have been ejection materiel

camertone 01-09-2016 05:54 AM

Quote:

biggins also don't support gay rights and gay marriage etc. which is mess.

Shaun 01-09-2016 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 8955392)

There were two separate occasions he laid into bisexuals ("the worst ones are the bisexuals" / AIDS was started by bisexuals, etc) and another one to do with something else IIRC.

alex_front2 02-09-2016 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camertone (Post 8956514)

Loads of LGBT don't agree with gay rights eg Dolce and Gabana oppose gay parenting and got into a spat with Sir Elton over synthetic babies. Bruce 'Caitlyn' Jenny doesn't support gay marriage, Daily Mail journo Andrew Pierce never ceases to denounce gay marriage, US sex agony uncle Dan savage thinks bisexuals are people who are into only men but can't admit it (I personally agree on this). So Biggins is hardly unique.

Livia 02-09-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camertone (Post 8956514)

He is entitled to his own opinion whether or not others agree. And I never heard him say he doesn't support gay rights.

Niamh. 02-09-2016 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8958517)
There were two separate occasions he laid into bisexuals ("the worst ones are the bisexuals" / AIDS was started by bisexuals, etc) and another one to do with something else IIRC.

Oh :worry:

Liam- 02-09-2016 09:05 AM

He actually said that aids was started by the Americans to wipe out third world countries but bisexual men spread it by going to those countries and having sex with people.

bitontheslide 02-09-2016 09:14 AM

we didn't hear the reference to the nazi stuff, so he can't be judged on that ... its all just a story to sell newspapers really. We did however hear him spout off about bisexuals, straight from his mouth on more than one occasion, so he can be judged on that. Still not convinced he should have been thrown out, even if they didn't show it, they could have released a transcript (not fake) to explain his ejection.

Niamh. 02-09-2016 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liam- (Post 8958863)
He actually said that aids was started by the Americans to wipe out third world countries but bisexual men spread it by going to those countries and having sex with people.

Jesus, that's some conspiracy theory :/

Livia 02-09-2016 09:23 AM

I remember Paddy Doherty in CBB. He had pretty archaic beliefs re: gays and women. He wasn't ejected.

Everyone's has a right to an opinion however odious it seems to other people but he was ejected for his comments to the idiot Waisel... A gay men made a (admittedly rather poor) joke to a Jewish woman about the Holocaust where gay people were also gassed.

Daffodil 02-09-2016 07:54 PM

Poor Biggins. It upsets me to think he got booted for a comment aimed at BB, while Bear chavved it to the winning position being abusive and aggressive.

joeysteele 02-09-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

I agree 100%.

Paula D 07-09-2016 10:33 AM

This will only lead to future housemates not voicing their true opinion about anything.

His view on bi-sexuals is simply that "his view". His joke about jews we didn't hear so can't judge but it can't have been that bad if Katie didn't know that's why he was removed.

No-one has ever laughed at Fawlty Towers episode about "don't mention the war" no?