ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2016 [S13] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701)
-   -   X Factor 2016: Kirsty Murphy speaks out over her 'break in' but was it STAGED? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309989)

Marcus. 18-09-2016 05:39 PM

X Factor 2016: Kirsty Murphy speaks out over her 'break in' but was it STAGED?

Kirsty Murphy has spoke out about her X Factor break in last on night's show.

The 21 year-old dance teacher from Wirral made herself known to the judges by bursting into another act's audition yesterday evening after being told by producers she wouldn't be seen.

"I really want to sing to you guys and they're saying they've got no time for me to sing," she sobbed. "I know you want a fighter and I'm here to fight."

Simon Cowell reacted: "There's an X, sing."

Despite her break in, Kirsty went on to get three yeses from the judges to make it into boot camp, although Sharon Osbourne said no.

"It was a long day of auditions and I had been there since the morning," Kirsty recalled this weekend. "It was nearly midnight and one of the team said that unfortunately there was no time to see me today and that they would try and reschedule my audition for one of the London dates. At first I thought that was fine but then I was with my mum and we saw a door labelled ‘Judges Room’ in front of us.

"Mum asked what I was going to do. I’d already seen the judges do a speech that day about what they wanted to see and I was excited to audition. I had been waiting for years to perform in front of Simon. I had seen him in the other room earlier in the day and I just wanted to do it, to sing and prove myself. I said to my mum ‘I’m just going to go in there’ and at first she was shocked and said ‘no you can’t!’ but then she switched and said, ‘Yes you can, get in!’ and she actually pushed me in."

Speaking ahead of last night's show, Kirsty continued: "When mum opened the door, I couldn’t see the judges so thought I should just go for it, it was now or never. I could see they were on the other side of the room with Dermot who was speaking to contestants. Me and mum were like ninjas and I thought while the security were distracted, this was my chance.

"I ran round the back of the audition space, through the curtain to where the producers were sat. I could see the judges but I can’t remember properly what I said to them. I remember I just broke down crying and kept asking them, ‘please can I sing?’ Then I just remember Simon telling me to get on the X.

"I sang a verse and a chorus but because my backing tracks obviously weren’t prepared, I had to do it acapella and with no music to follow, and my nerves and after running, I was a bit pitchy on the chorus. I was also just so shocked with myself that I had done it, I couldn’t believe that I’d run in - I was shocked, scared, nervous and excited all in one."

The scenes on Saturday's X Factor caused quite the stir online with some claiming it was "staged" after apparently spotting a microphone on Kirsty.

"So... she ran in already mic'd up? #setup #xfactor" one user tweeted.

But then it seems all acts have microphones, given those ANNOYING cutaways we often see of them in the holding room commenting on other auditions.

We're just wondering what on earth happened to the girl group that Kirsty burst in on....