ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2016 [S13] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701)
-   -   Sharon with the Overs again? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309997)

Jack_ 18-09-2016 08:14 PM

Sharon with the Overs again?

*sigh*

I'm glad Simon finally got the Girls but they could've mixed the others up a bit :idc: give Nicole the Groups and Louis the Overs

LeatherTrumpet 18-09-2016 08:16 PM

No i am very happy with it. It's going to be a classic series. I feel it in my water

Cal. 18-09-2016 08:16 PM

They're all predictable. Nicole had the boys last time she was there I swear. Sharon had the overs and Louis had the groups.

Jack_ 18-09-2016 08:31 PM

^ she had the Boys in 2012 and the Girls in 2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 8981707)
No i am very happy with it. It's going to be a classic series. I feel it in my water

I agree and it's been great so far, but this was a little too predictable. I don't like judges having the same category back-to back (especially when this will probably definitely be Sharon's last ever series) and now I've just realised Louis had the Groups last time around too so :idc:

Oliver_W 19-09-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 8981750)
I agree and it's been great so far, but this was a little too predictable. I don't like judges having the same category back-to back (especially when this will probably definitely be Sharon's last ever series) and now I've just realised Louis had the Groups last time around too so :idc:

What makes you say that?

Strictly Jake 19-09-2016 12:15 PM

Yeah I hope it won't be Sharon's last series, this panel needs to stay put until the end now it's working

I think the judges have got the perfect categories and I love the fact that Simon finally gets the girls

Mystic Mock 19-09-2016 07:47 PM

Last time it created one of the worst winners in the shows history, I'm worried.

Vicky. 19-09-2016 07:51 PM

All very predictable tbh

I am losing interest, despite being very happy with the judges lineup :(

Jack_ 19-09-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 8982373)
What makes you say that?

She didn't really want to come back the last time around and only did for 'closure', they obviously threw the cheque book at her this year to create this perfect panel but what with travelling between LA and London for ten weeks, along with the issues with Ozzy, I'll be surprised if she commits to another series. I'm hoping they tell her to name her price to keep everything the same but I doubt it

Anyway, to make matters worse, Sharon's had the Overs for four of her six appearances :bored:

Babayaro. 19-09-2016 09:17 PM

Is this the first time Simon has had the girls? Didn't he mentor Leona? Or am I wrong???

Babayaro. 19-09-2016 09:17 PM

Mess that was 16-24 or something lol

Jack_ 19-09-2016 09:29 PM

^ yep

This is the first time the Girls have had a male mentor since the category was established nine years ago

Oliver_W 20-09-2016 05:43 PM

I wonder what the beef really was with Sharon and Danni. I doubt it's the looks thing, because Nicole is much better looking, and she and Sharon seem to get on great.

In the Lives, did Sharon and Danni deliberately vote out each others acts?

caprimint 20-09-2016 05:50 PM

I'd really like to see Louis mentoring the girls for once.

LukeB 20-09-2016 05:53 PM

How many times has Sharon mentored the overs?

I think it should have been
Simon - Girls (never had them before)
Nicole - Overs
Sharon - Groups
Louis - Boys

Ross. 20-09-2016 05:55 PM

I want Nicole to get the groups at some point

Amy Jade 20-09-2016 06:20 PM

Wasnt there word Sharon got the another group initially but asked to get the overs again?

Something about her not being able to commit fully.

LeatherTrumpet 20-09-2016 06:45 PM

I am just happy with the judges full stop. After Nick Grimshaw and Ora this is back to classic X factor

DaNasty 21-09-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 8982855)
Last time it created one of the worst winners in the shows history, I'm worried.

Agreed Mock! I thought that Louisa absolutely screamed her way through every performance. I didn't really see the hype and love for her. I'm just anxious that the same worst case scenario will happen. That would be Caitlyn winning. She's really similar to her and it would be so underwhelming if another mediocre ballad singer wins. I want someone like Sada, Niall or Gifty to win tbh :D :D

Ashley. 21-09-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 8984279)
Wasnt there word Sharon got the another group initially but asked to get the overs again?

Something about her not being able to commit fully.

The decision isn't fully up to the producers anyway - the judges do have some sort of say in which category they get. I reckon Louis loves getting the groups... he's managed two.

Tom4784 21-09-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 8985155)
The decision isn't fully up to the producers anyway - the judges do have some sort of say in which category they get. I reckon Louis loves getting the groups... he's managed two.

I doubt that, I think the only judge who has any say is Simon.

He's probably the only judge that gets a say in which acts go through as well.

Oliver_W 21-09-2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 8985172)
I doubt that, I think the only judge who has any say is Simon.

He's probably the only judge that gets a say in which acts go through as well.

To be fair, if the other judges had preferences which didn't clash with his, he'd probably bear them in mind.

Amy Jade 21-09-2016 07:42 PM

Things could have changed since of course but in a Dannii autobiography I read it said she had to dig her heels in over some acts so I do think at least when X Factor was at its best the judges were actual judges.

I don't know if I believe Nicole would be as good as she has been in the past if she had no say, the year she first joined she was by and far away the best judge and easily had the most personable relationship with her finalists.

Mystic Mock 21-09-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 8984250)
How many times has Sharon mentored the overs?

I think it should have been
Simon - Girls (never had them before)
Nicole - Overs
Sharon - Groups
Louis - Boys

Sharon would do great with the Groups considering she managed Black Sabbath.

Mystic Mock 21-09-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNasty (Post 8985151)
Agreed Mock! I thought that Louisa absolutely screamed her way through every performance. I didn't really see the hype and love for her. I'm just anxious that the same worst case scenario will happen. That would be Caitlyn winning. She's really similar to her and it would be so underwhelming if another mediocre ballad singer wins. I want someone like Sada, Niall or Gifty to win tbh :D :D

Louisa was awful I agree.

This show is crying out for an interesting (and different to the usual) type of winner that doesn't spout off Homophobic remarks either.

Someone like Caitlyn winning just spells another doomed year of a boring flop winner that's probably won off some form of sympathy rather than any talent.