ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB 1 - 5 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=549)
-   -   Why did Jodie Marsh get evicted first? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310132)

Scream 24-09-2016 05:16 PM

Why did Jodie Marsh get evicted first?

I am just watching CBB5 and I am confused why Jodie was evicted first.

The first eviction was Jodie vs Pete Burns vs George Galloway.

Everyone seemed to be giving her a really hard time and I thought the public would have supported her? She seemed pretty sweet and easy-going... :conf:

Shaun 24-09-2016 05:17 PM

Because her reputation going into the house was absolute trash and she was one of the public's most hated celebrities at the time.

Rob! 24-09-2016 05:20 PM

Today Galloway would probably have gone first

Withano 24-09-2016 05:22 PM

She was infamous for being a media ***** / total dickhead.. And I think page 3 models used to be a little more hated/disrepected in general back then

Pete. 24-09-2016 05:40 PM

Jealousy

Jodie was my favourite up until her eviction

Jason. 24-09-2016 06:19 PM

She was hated back in 2006 and she did CBB during a time when her claim to fame was Page 3, shagging numerous men, selling kiss and tells and her feud with Jordan (who was increasing in popularity at the time) all of which didn't really help win her any points with the public either so she was doomed from the start, especially in a VTE given mainly females vote on the show. Oh and she's a woman comfortable with her sexuality.

It's funny actually cause if she did CBB ten years later on C5, she'd probably win or make the final and she would've been seen as a victim and rightly so because she was treated appallingly.

Cal. 24-09-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 8988395)
Jealously

Jodie was my favourite up until her eviction

Cal. 24-09-2016 07:35 PM

Yeah she'd win or come second to Pete if CBB4 was on nowadays.

Daniel. 24-09-2016 07:36 PM

She was bullied

I liked her

reece(: 24-09-2016 07:37 PM

The public weren't ready

Scream 24-09-2016 10:46 PM

I kind of see it now but even with that reputation the whole situation was odd. They tried to make Chantelle feel guilty of being her friend and Michael kept shouting right in her face. So uncomfortable.

Jason. 25-09-2016 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scream (Post 8988920)
I kind of see it now but even with that reputation the whole situation was odd. They tried to make Chantelle feel guilty of being her friend and Michael kept shouting right in her face. So uncomfortable.

I actually found the treatment of Jodie Marsh was far worse than the treatment of Shilpa.

Amy Jade 25-09-2016 12:50 AM

I hated how Jodie was treated during CBB. I thought she was lovely and deserved to stay much longer than those who treated her so awfully

Ammi 25-09-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 8988441)
She was hated back in 2006 and she did CBB during a time when her claim to fame was Page 3, shagging numerous men, selling kiss and tells and her feud with Jordan (who was increasing in popularity at the time) all of which didn't really help win her any points with the public either so she was doomed from the start, especially in a VTE given mainly females vote on the show. Oh and she's a woman comfortable with her sexuality.

It's funny actually cause if she did CBB ten years later on C5, she'd probably win or make the final and she would've been seen as a victim and rightly so because she was treated appallingly.

..I'm not sure that she would have done so much better later, Jason...I think that maybe she would have got further and not been evicted so early but I'm just not sure about being in the final just because, it seems still that same thing with female housemates to a large degree..females are judged so harshly on things like 'crude' in their terminology but males like Jay MacKray for instance, just aren't in the same way...she was always fairly open and outspoken and she was fairly much judged on her controversial image before she went in so was always inevitably going to be the first voted out.../how she was treated was awful and I recall wanting to scream at the TV at times...that really was my judgement of George and Michael from those early days that I found hard to get beyond and couldn't believe that Michael did so well.../a really horrid man....

Ammi 25-09-2016 07:59 AM

...but yeah, I liked Jodie when she was in, she had a real vulnerability about her...and all I had known before was media type stuff...

Jason. 25-09-2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 8989169)
..I'm not sure that she would have done so much better later, Jason...I think that maybe she would have got further and not been evicted so early but I'm just not sure about being in the final just because, it seems still that same thing with female housemates to a large degree..females are judged so harshly on things like 'crude' in their terminology but males like Jay MacKray for instance, just aren't in the same way...she was always fairly open and outspoken and she was fairly much judged on her controversial image before she went in so was always inevitably going to be the first voted out.../how she was treated was awful and I recall wanting to scream at the TV at times...that really was my judgement of George and Michael from those early days that I found hard to get beyond and couldn't believe that Michael did so well.../a really horrid man....

I think with it being a VTS on C5 CBB coupled with the fact that she's quite a well-known name by CBB standards, isn't as unpopular as she was a decade ago and the obligatory sympathy vote she'd get nowadays for her treatment, she could've easily made the final imo. Whether she would've won or not depends on who else was in the final. Though I do agree with what you're saying - women always get the short straw of things on BB and it's even worse in civilian BB where it's a VTE.

I think the best C5 comparison would be Alicia Douvall in CBB15 who went in to boos and was hated for pretty much the same reason Jodie was when she entered but she was then picked on by KH/Cami/Michelle the same way Jodie was with Michael/George/Pete and she ended up surviving that first eviction despite being favourite to be evicted first on launch night and people grew to like her by the time she was evicted and she left to cheers. The only difference is Alicia isn't as well-known of a name as Jodie is so she didn't have that pre-existing fanbase to carry her further.

Cal. 25-09-2016 11:45 AM

Jodie Marsh won at life.

Scream 25-09-2016 12:05 PM

I'm on day 15 now and my thoughts are Michael Barrymore is not okay and Pete Burns can be so disgusting but gets away with it because it's Pete Burns.

Faria was an OK housemate but wish she spoke up a bit more because she was capable.

Cal. 25-09-2016 12:06 PM

Pete Burns was awful sometimes but ohmygod an amazing housemate :love:

Scream 25-09-2016 03:57 PM

Pete's fur coat is in police custody :joker:

Ammi 26-09-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 8989273)
I think with it being a VTS on C5 CBB coupled with the fact that she's quite a well-known name by CBB standards, isn't as unpopular as she was a decade ago and the obligatory sympathy vote she'd get nowadays for her treatment, she could've easily made the final imo. Whether she would've won or not depends on who else was in the final. Though I do agree with what you're saying - women always get the short straw of things on BB and it's even worse in civilian BB where it's a VTE.

I think the best C5 comparison would be Alicia Douvall in CBB15 who went in to boos and was hated for pretty much the same reason Jodie was when she entered but she was then picked on by KH/Cami/Michelle the same way Jodie was with Michael/George/Pete and she ended up surviving that first eviction despite being favourite to be evicted first on launch night and people grew to like her by the time she was evicted and she left to cheers. The only difference is Alicia isn't as well-known of a name as Jodie is so she didn't have that pre-existing fanbase to carry her further.

..yeah I do totally get what you're saying, Jason..I hadn't factored in the VTS...that's interesting as well though to use Alicia as a comparison..(and I think another 'female housemate' thing largely...that however bad the behaviour toward them, so often housemates are not seen as the victim unless their character shows a vulnerability in some way...that they have to 'appear victim' as well in their personality, which is often not the case but doesn't change the awful behaviour toward them...Jodie Marsh I don't think would have been perceived as 'a victim' but very much someone who could handle herself, so does that make it perceived as less bullying..?...whereas, Alicia did have more of a vulnerability about her so it was seen more...so that's interesting as well, don't you think..?...I'm trying to think of a 'perceived fragile or vulnerable male' housemate and the only one I can think of atm..(although not celebrity BB..)...would be Freddie with Bea....