ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Calais camp must be 'completely dismantled' - President Hollande (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310179)

arista 26-09-2016 11:55 AM

Calais camp must be 'completely dismantled' - President Hollande

[The French President has said the
migrant camp at Calais must
be "completely dismantled".
Francois Hollande, who is visiting
the northern French port city,
also said the UK must play its part
in resolving the migrant crisis.
Mr Hollande is not expected to visit the
camp, known as 'the Jungle', while in Calais.]

Yes the jungle to End by next month.

http://news.sky.com/story/calais-cam...lande-10593829

LeatherTrumpet 26-09-2016 12:04 PM

what has it got to do with us. He will have to round them all up and deport them

bitontheslide 26-09-2016 12:23 PM

its got nothing to do with the UK, its up to France to control it blinking illegals. Unless he wants the uk to determine if people living in france are also illegal ... which is a bit of an ask

Northern Monkey 26-09-2016 01:00 PM

Cool.Nowt to do with us.He can do what he wants with his own illegals.

Cherie 26-09-2016 02:38 PM

Imagine asking the French to help if there was a camp at Dover..:unsure:

jaxie 26-09-2016 03:01 PM

I wonder why we are even paying for the wall there?

Northern Monkey 26-09-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 8991028)
Imagine asking the French to help if there was a camp at Dover..:unsure:

We've got a little better security and a nice big river between us.They would'nt have got in here in the first place.

Cherie 26-09-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 8991037)

I just don't understand the mentality, they want to come to the UK so we have to help sort it out..umm2 no you sort it, you let it get out of control

bitontheslide 26-09-2016 04:34 PM

they let them in to their country in the first place. However, i guess they can be legally in france yet not eligible for the uk, which is where a large % of the problem comes from. If those folks are not eligible for the uk, and don't want to remain in France ... then they can go elsewhere.

kirklancaster 26-09-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 8991120)
they let them in to their country in the first place. However, i guess they can be legally in france yet not eligible for the uk, which is where a large % of the problem comes from. If those folks are not eligible for the uk, and don't want to remain in France ... then they can go elsewhere.

:clap1::clap1::clap1:

jaxie 26-09-2016 06:19 PM

Another thing that kind of bothers me, you hear news reports that there are unaccompanied children at the camp. Why are France taking unaccompanied children into their country and making absolutely no provision for them so they end up in a camp at Calais?

Scarlett. 26-09-2016 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 8991037)

Because it's essentially the France/England border, its up to both sides to pay for and protect it. I honestly dont get this English mentality of "every other must bend over backwards for special old Little Britain". You want illegal immigrants to stop coming over here? Surprise, surprise! We have to do our bit, not expect France to do every little thing for us.

Livia 27-09-2016 11:09 AM

I fail to see how this is our problem. France has allowed these camps to spring up and to remain. There is no reason why migrants should not be processed properly in a "safe" country, and they will have passed through a few to get to Calais.

bitontheslide 27-09-2016 11:16 AM

yes, its more appropriate democratically speaking to have a wall keeping folks out, than a wall keeping folks in .... probably why we picked up the tab for the wall :laugh:

jaxie 27-09-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewy (Post 8991452)
Because it's essentially the France/England border, its up to both sides to pay for and protect it. I honestly dont get this English mentality of "every other must bend over backwards for special old Little Britain". You want illegal immigrants to stop coming over here? Surprise, surprise! We have to do our bit, not expect France to do every little thing for us.

France isn't doing it for us. This is on their soil, it is their problem really. They let all those people into their country allowed them to travel through and then allowed the camp at Calais to happen. :shrug: