ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Dermot o Leary blasts Cbb for having so many reality stars on (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310208)

Lush 28-09-2016 09:40 AM

I sort of agree, and I think Emma saying 'I don't want to watch Geordie Shore or Ex on the Beach, I want to watch Big Brother' sums it up perfectly for me.

Some of the reality stars have ruined their series (the most prominent example being the insufferable prick Bear, Marnie, Lewis and Scotty T whose win put a major dampener on CBB17).

At the same time however the reality stars have often given us some of the best housemates in CBB history (Tiffany, Renee, Frenchy, Gemma etc.)

*mazedsalv** 28-09-2016 02:28 PM

He's right, what I am more surprised at is that he said something positive about BB though by saying "it still works", i was under the impression both him and Davina hated the show. (Davina does)

*mazedsalv** 28-09-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lush (Post 8993498)
I sort of agree, and I think Emma saying 'I don't want to watch Geordie Shore or Ex on the Beach, I want to watch Big Brother' sums it up perfectly for me.

Some of the reality stars have ruined their series (the most prominent example being the insufferable prick Bear, Marnie, Lewis and Scotty T whose win put a major dampener on CBB17).

At the same time however the reality stars have often given us some of the best housemates in CBB history (Tiffany, Renee, Frenchy, Gemma etc.)

Which is ironic because 2 weeks later...Bear won the series.

This will just mean they will get even more reality stars on the show over the years. James Hill, Scotty T, Bear... last 3 winners have been from reality shows, sadly this gives C5 the all clear and gives them the confirmation that we always let them win :(

I mean...

1st= Bear
3rd- Renee
4th- Marnie

It's all the public's fault for always voting for reality people.

Glenn-C 28-09-2016 06:29 PM

Correction: No BRITISH reality stars
The american ones have actual class, well most of them anyway

Jason. 28-09-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 8993723)
He's right, what I am more surprised at is that he said something positive about BB though by saying "it still works", i was under the impression both him and Davina hated the show. (Davina does)

I remember her saying she watched CBB15 and loved it when it was airing

Cal. 28-09-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 8993723)

I don't think Davina hates it. She did an interview and was asked about CBB15 and said she was enjoying it. Her Twitter handle is still a reference to Big Brother too <3.

Cal. 28-09-2016 08:08 PM

I'm actually surprised how well Davina managed to distance herself from Big Brother afterwards. Granted not many know it's on anymore but I never see her asked about BB etc, she hasn't really been typecast.

Jason. 28-09-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 8994226)
I'm actually surprised how well Davina managed to distance herself from Big Brother afterwards. Granted not many know it's on anymore but I never see her asked about BB etc, she hasn't really been typecast.

Same. I think her having other things like The Million Pound Drop and her whole fitness DVD/books/shows that she has going for her too have helped neutralise that 'Davina from BB' image that she used to have - she isn't known for just BB now, for some people it's for her fitness programmes.

Back when she was presenting BB, it was the main thing she did outside of appearing as a guest on other shows.

Greg! 28-09-2016 09:29 PM

Hmm i kind of agree with them about the reality stars bit, especially for normal BB. Mind you some of them can be good housemates aka Laura

Greg! 28-09-2016 09:30 PM

Idk why Davinas getting so worked up about nudity tho when they literally showed full frontal tits dicks and fannies on episode 1 in 2000

*mazedsalv** 29-09-2016 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 8994143)
I remember her saying she watched CBB15 and loved it when it was airing

Didn't she slag off the show on Jonathan Ross last week?

Jake. 29-09-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 8994773)
Didn't she slag off the show on Jonathan Ross last week?

i don't watch JR but she did like CBB15, i remember she had an interview with radio 1 (i think?) about Ken's ejection

Ammi 29-09-2016 06:42 AM

....hmmm, I think it's a little simplistic what he's saying though because reality stars can be great housemates as well but it's just that thing with those who take the lazy option of showmances etc and let's have sex in the house and be edgy...they rely too much on their personas as reality TV stars and their public fan base and offer little else in terms of being big personalities...(love them or hate them..)...Charlotte and Bear didn't do that, they had huge personalities and characters and they both won...many USA TV reality stars also have huge characters, like Renee for instance and she worked well as a housemate..(again, love her or hate her..)...but they entertain is the thing and don't take lazy options.../so it really is an individual thing, I think....

..I also think that BB themselves can be lazy when putting the house together ...oh yes, we'll have a homophobe/racist person in there...and yes, we'll put in a few homosexuals/ethnic minorities etc and that'll stir it up and provide great viewing and controversy...but oh look, he/she has made a homophobic/racist comment so we're chucking them out and goodbye.../yeah that worked well....give it some thought, CBB people and stop being so lazy....

jennyjuniper 29-09-2016 08:14 AM

He's spot on. As a rule, people who appear on reality shows are pretty unlikeable and talentless and think all they have to do to be amusing is swear, get drunk and get naked.