ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB17 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=696)
-   -   Ashleigh Coyle vs Natalie Rowe (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311228)

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 03:18 PM

Natalie is a cow.

Even if she was in the right once in her lifetime, I'd refuse to accept the fact I'd have to agree with her because she's a bitch.

Headie 31-10-2016 05:50 PM

Toya A Washington ‏@toya_w 5m5 minutes ago
It seems Gifty is the new Mischa B of #xfactor talented women dragged through the media for no justifiable reason. #PervasiveRacism

Toya and Ashleigh to fall out?

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 9038169)
Toya A Washington ‏@toya_w 5m5 minutes ago
It seems Gifty is the new Mischa B of #xfactor talented women dragged through the media for no justifiable reason. #PervasiveRacism

Toya and Ashleigh to fall out?

This is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but this race stuff needs to stop. Everytime a black person is eliminated, there's always a race issue.

I guess Fleur didn't win because people are racist? Actually, I remember reading that we are racist because people voted Ben.

How about X factor in 2008 with JLS and Alexandra.... guess we weren't racist then? Or are we racist because Rachel didn't make it in 3rd place?

It's quite pathetic that every time a black person gets booted out in any reality, the race word comes up, shut the **** up ffs. The country ain't a racist one in the big pictures... why do black singers make it big here? Surely, if we had a race problem, no black singer/rapper would be successful here.

Jason. 31-10-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 9038176)
I guess Fleur didn't win because people are racist?

Obviously!

Jason. 31-10-2016 06:02 PM

jk I don't even watch XF anymore but race does play a big role in BB

Shaun 31-10-2016 06:02 PM

"How about X factor in 2008 with JLS and Alexandra.... guess we weren't racist then?"

Name any of the other acts that year. I'll wait.

Headie 31-10-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 9038176)
This is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but this race stuff needs to stop. Everytime a black person is eliminated, there's always a race issue.

I guess Fleur didn't win because people are racist? Actually, I remember reading that we are racist because people voted Ben.

How about X factor in 2008 with JLS and Alexandra.... guess we weren't racist then? Or are we racist because Rachel didn't make it in 3rd place?

It's quite pathetic that every time a black person gets booted out in any reality, the race word comes up, shut the **** up ffs. The country ain't a racist one in the big pictures... why do black singers make it big here? Surely, if we had a race problem, no black singer/rapper would be successful here.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/fea44067...ta3uo1_250.gif

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9038193)
"How about X factor in 2008 with JLS and Alexandra.... guess we weren't racist then?"

Name any of the other acts that year. I'll wait.

Diana
Daniel
Eoghan
Laura
RUTH
Girlband
Bad Lashes

Shaun 31-10-2016 06:05 PM

oh bloody hell i've shaded myself by forgetting ruth lorenzo

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 9038200)

Naa, just stating the fact how oversensitive people are.

We don't have a racism problem here. It's not racist if a white singer happens to be a better singer than a black one. Gifty was good, but not amazing. Does it make me racist for thinking that?

Just like I thought leona and Alexandra were the best in their years.

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9038204)
oh bloody hell i've shaded myself by forgetting ruth lorenzo

Xenophobia against Spanish people

Pete. 31-10-2016 06:09 PM

The racist pattern of voting in RTV is covered by a slim selection of POC winners. X Factor is no different, it can't be talked about without 'but Leona & Alexandra!!!'

Jason. 31-10-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 9038215)
The racist pattern of voting in RTV is covered by a slim selection of POC winners. X Factor is no different, it can't be talked about without 'but Leona & Alexandra!!!'

Brian and Shilpa teas

caprimint 31-10-2016 06:13 PM

It's just funny that the only people who seem to have an issue year after year are black people themselves...creating issues that aren't there. Gifty was an average singer at best, Fleur only made it that far based on her performances not her singing. Alex was a great singer however and she won.

Headie 31-10-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/cust...ar82167_70.gif

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

But that's fair, IMO no other black singer has touched them.

I don't think any other black person deserved to win their series bar Miss East (i liked the top 3 that series). All the other years I preferred a white person, don't make me racist. I just found they were better singers.

I didn't cry xenophobia against Italians when Andrea didn't win.

We are the most accepting country in the world. Watch European reality shows and watch how POC, gay, lesbians etc... all fail to do well.

We have had a wide range of winners across our reality spectrum from black winners, Indian winners, Portugese transexuals, gay winners, Italian winners, Irish winners etc...

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 9038226)
It's just funny that the only people who seem to have an issue year after year are black people themselves...creating issues that aren't there. Gifty was an average singer at best, Fleur only made it that far based on her performances not her singing. Alex was a great singer however and she won.

:worship:

This so much. Are we really comparing Gifty to Alex and Leona? Please. She didn't deserve to be in the Top 8, but neither do Ryan, 4OD or Honey G.

You don't see gay people slam the public for homophobia when they don't win, do you?

Headie 31-10-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caprimint (Post 9038226)
It's just funny that the only people who seem to have an issue year after year are black people themselves...creating issues that aren't there. Gifty was a **** singer, Fleur only made it that far based on her performances not her singing. Alex was a great singer however and she won.

From my perspective I've found that more white people are bothered about people complaining about racism than there are people complaining about racism :laugh:

In this instance, I agree with bits from both sides e.g. I agree with Pete that it's impossible to discuss the possibility of race playing a factor in voting because people on the other side of the argument will always play the "but Leona won!!! Alexandra and JLS were top 2!!!" card etc. At the same time, I don't think Relley's elimination had much to do with race, more to do with underediting. However I do think some of the comments calling Gifty "arrogant, a madam, diva, cocky, too much attitude" etc (which have stemmed right from the first episode when we barely even knew her) may have some racial undertones since you could argue she's no more confident or 'full of attitude' as people like Matt or Ryan are. Whether people's perception of Gifty's personality played a part in the public vote, I don't know.

I rarely get into debates about race with people anymore because it's a topic that both sides of the argument feel strong about and we can say whatever we want but we'll never change each others minds :laugh:

LukeB 31-10-2016 06:20 PM

tbh people don't vote on race on x factor, they vote on who is the better looking.

reece(: 31-10-2016 06:20 PM

Gifty is a cocky diva but Ryan is #lad?

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 9038248)
Gifty is a cocky diva but Ryan is #lad?

Ryan is only getting saved by teens on that lifeline vote, he isn't liked by the general public as he's been B3 three times now.

Ryan is an awful singer and dry as sand.

Matt is cocky and Honey G is awful.

The whole bloody show is a shambles, thank goodness i only watch glimpses.

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9038247)
tbh people don't vote on race on x factor, they vote on who is the better looking.

This is actually a fairer comparison.

Pete. 31-10-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 9038234)
I didn't cry xenophobia against Italians when Andrea didn't win.

Perhaps you could if you had 20 odd years of Italian contestants being voted off shows in the first few weeks...

MB. 31-10-2016 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 9038253)
Perhaps you could if you had 20 odd years of Italian contestants being voted off shows in the first few weeks...

Justice 4 Nicolo Festa

*mazedsalv** 31-10-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete. (Post 9038253)

Just like white people get voted off shows in the first few weeks.

I can even compile a list of every single white person elliminated from any given public vote on any show and I'll say even when ratio is taken into account (with more white people than black people in any show) that white people hold no more positives than black people.