ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Vampyr - coming 2017 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313215)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 21-12-2016 05:12 PM

Vampyr - OUT TUESDAY AAH/

this looks amazing omg

Tom4784 21-12-2016 05:21 PM

Makes me think of Vampire: The Masquerade which means I'm here for it :clap1:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 19-01-2017 02:01 PM

where's the cheers man?

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 22-05-2017 08:31 PM

:bawling:

Mystic Mock 24-05-2017 07:27 PM

I need to see a bit more to properly judge.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 31-05-2018 08:37 PM

Does anyone know when the reviews will be out for this? Idk how review embargoes work

Toy Soldier 31-05-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullen Girl (Post 10018330)
Does anyone know when the reviews will be out for this? Idk how review embargoes work

Depends, the publisher can allow reviews before the release whenever they want but unless the green light has been given, it's like 12.01GMT on the release date.

Always concerning if they aren't allowing reviews before release though, because it usually means they think it'll get panned and people will cancel pre-orders.

Unless it's a "big" story driven release by someone well known where they sometimes do it to make it easier to avoid spoilers.

Can't see that being the case here though :worry:.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 31-05-2018 09:45 PM

I’m gonna kill myself if the metascore is below 80

Toy Soldier 05-06-2018 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullen Girl (Post 10018484)

73% :worry:

The main criticism I'm seeing is that the combat isn't up to scratch and feels "dated", like "would have been acceptable 10 to 15 years ago but not by today's standards"... and I have to admit I got that impression from gameplay videos before release. Looks a bit clunky / hack and slash-y for modern action which these days tends to be much more fluid and natural.

Also some people saying that some of the spoken dialogue doesn't match the subtitles on screen at all :think:. I would imagine that's something that'll be patched to make the text fit... but surely should have been spotted before release?

Anyway. Not read anything that would make me not want to give it a go BUT it's going on my steam wishlist until it's on sale for <£25. Not a full price purchase I'm afraid.

Toy Soldier 05-06-2018 12:24 PM

.... ....... .... . . . ... ...

Tom4784 05-06-2018 12:34 PM

Yeah, the combat looks a bit janky but I'm perched for when it goes on sale.

Mystic Mock 05-06-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10027665)
73% :worry:

The main criticism I'm seeing is that the combat isn't up to scratch and feels "dated", like "would have been acceptable 10 to 15 years ago but not by today's standards"... and I have to admit I got that impression from gameplay videos before release. Looks a bit clunky / hack and slash-y for modern action which these days tends to be much more fluid and natural.

Also some people saying that some of the spoken dialogue doesn't match the subtitles on screen at all :think:. I would imagine that's something that'll be patched to make the text fit... but surely should have been spotted before release?

Anyway. Not read anything that would make me not want to give it a go BUT it's going on my steam wishlist until it's on sale for <£25. Not a full price purchase I'm afraid.

73% is not a bad score for the first installment.

I might give that Game a go at some point just to form my own opinion.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-06-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullen Girl (Post 10018484)

https://i.imgur.com/UL7fYaS.jpg

Toy Soldier 05-06-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullen Girl (Post 10028912)

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2018/06/05/73.png

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 05-06-2018 11:03 PM

:joker::joker::joker:

Toy Soldier 06-06-2018 11:31 AM

First impressions

- Graphics are decent for the budget IMO but I'm playing on PC at a solid 60fps... I've read that PS4 is 30fps and has some framerate drops too?

- The combat isn't that bad for what it is. Pretty "standard stuff" but... the special moves are varied and fun. Except the point of the game is that you have to play evil and kill all of your friends to become more Vampyry and unlock the best stuff :think:. Otherwise you're stuck with lesser abilities which sort of sux. Guess everyone will have to die?

- The animations are indeed a bit dated / janky during actual gameplay. Cutscenes are good enough.

- Camera angles are a fairly frequent issue :umm2:

Basically I would say it's a perfectly good game for the sort of budget it had :shrug:. Definitely enjoyable. From what I can see from reviews, it's being unfairly compared to recent massive-budget AAA titles, which is a bit daft.

Tom4784 06-06-2018 11:39 AM

I was actually tempted to bite the bullet yesterday but it's £50 on the PSN :worry:

Toy Soldier 06-06-2018 11:41 AM

Oh also the PC "real fullscreen" mode is broken, though borderless windowed is fine. In full screen, the screen constantly flashes a bight green colour on and off. Best part - it starts doing it for the first time when the epilepsy warning appears :joker:

"This game may contain flashing images LIKE THIS BABABABABABABA!!!"

Toy Soldier 06-06-2018 11:44 AM

My overall opinion so far would be... if you're interested in the setting / atmosphere and Vampire lore in general then it's an 8+/10 game easily. If you have no particular interest and are purely rating on gameplay then 7/10 (or 73%...) seems fair.

[edit] Again though that's from PC perspective which has flawless 60fps which I imagine dramatically improves combat over < 30fps so there's that to consider. That said, framerate is a big deal for me and I know it doesn't bother some people quite as much.

Toy Soldier 06-06-2018 01:40 PM

I just wanna kill everyone for xp :worry:.

"You abandonned an infected patient outside the hospital?? Do you know how dangerous that is??"

*kill him because he's clearly no good*

"You're a burn victim, and there are loads of locked conversation options that probably mean you're important to quite a few sidequests, but you say you're in constant pain?"

*kill & eat cos poor guy is in pain*

"You're one of the most morally upstanding characters but I get 5000xp for eating?"

*nom nom*

I feel like it's not going to end well.