ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=703)
-   -   Angie best (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316141)

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 12:59 PM

Angie best

Angie best was married to George best for four years before they separated and divorced two years later, so 31 years later she still Calling herself angie best!

Talk about using someone else's name to stay relevant.

Do you think she should be doing this? and should she of even been given a place in the celeb house?

Denver 01-02-2017 01:00 PM

she hasnt had sex since

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:00 PM

Well she also shares that name with her son so why not?

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9196058)
Well she also shares that name with her son so why not?

Well if she used her own name no one know who she was,

rusticgal 01-02-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196054)
Angie best was married to George best for four years before they separated and divorced two years later, so 31 years later she still Calling herself angie best!

Do you think she should be doing this? and should she of even been given a place in the celeb house?

She's his widow...she hasn't remarried..so why would she?

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196062)
Well if she used her own name no one know who she was,

I still don't get what's wrong with her keeping the name, why would she want to raise her son with a different name to herself?

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 9196064)
She's his widow...she hasn't remarried..so why would she?

But George best remarried and divorced and to be a widow you have to be still married to the person when they die.

rionablue 01-02-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196054)

Why shouldnt she use her married name if she wants to. Some people change their name when divorced others dont. Look at Tina Turner her husband beat the crap out of her but all she wanted in the settlement was to keep his name

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9196065)
I still don't get what's wrong with her keeping the name, why would she want to raise her son with a different name to herself?

I see what you are saying but people put copy rights on names, just think it's living on someone else's name.

rusticgal 01-02-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196066)
But George best remarried and divorced and to be a widow you have to be still married to the person when they die.

I forgot that he remarried..however Angie has not remarried, so until she does she has every right to keep his name...

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196074)
I see what you are saying but people put copy rights on names, just think it's living on someone else's name.

So what if they do? She has a child with him who has his name and she raised the child so it's only right she is able to keep the same name as her child :shrug:

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2017 01:20 PM

Angie, what attracted you to the millionaire George Best?

Braden 01-02-2017 01:24 PM

It happens a lot of women in the public eye, and I don't really see that much of a problem with it. Once you marry someone famous, you start to build a brand for yourself around that name. Changing it after a divorce or death would be an inconvenience considering what they may have created for themselves.

On the contrary, Cheryl Cole got so much **** for chaning her name from Cheryl Cole to Cheryl Fernandez-Versini even though that was literally her name.

sampvt 01-02-2017 01:27 PM

Personally i am really surprised how much personal stuff we all get to discuss. This is a womans own personal past and so what if she wants her son to carry his dads name, thats a good thing not a bad one and if that be the case, she is right to keep the Best name to protect her son and his identity. I cant say I am happy to hear the constant drivel about her past, especially when its all gone, but I do honestly think Callum has made an art out of bleeding his dads name for his own financial aims more than his mum has.

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9196085)
So what if they do? She has a child with him who has his name and she raised the child so it's only right she is able to keep the same name as her child :shrug:

Don't shrug Niamh, I'm sure angie got money in the divorce and George paid maintenance for Calum.

But would you want someone using your name for their own gain and being know as your ex for ever and a day and if that person then does something bad you are brought up because of the link between names.

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9196096)
Personally i am really surprised how much personal stuff we all get to discuss. This is a womans own personal past and so what if she wants her son to carry his dads name, thats a good thing not a bad one and if that be the case, she is right to keep the Best name to protect her son and his identity. I cant say I am happy to hear the constant drivel about her past, especially when its all gone, but I do honestly think Callum has made an art out of bleeding his dads name for his own financial aims more than his mum has.

You can't see the woods for the trees,

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 9196091)
It happens a lot of women in the public eye, and I don't really see that much of a problem with it. Once you marry someone famous, you start to build a brand for yourself around that name. Changing it after a divorce or death would be an inconvenience considering what they may have created for themselves.

On the contrary, Cheryl Cole got so much **** for chaning her name from Cheryl Cole to Cheryl Fernandez-Versini even though that was literally her name.

Not just in the public eye. I know plenty of normal people who divorced and the women never changed back to their maiden name, it's a hassle plus they share the name with their kids so it's not just the ex husbands name anymore :shrug:

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196101)
Don't shrug Niamh, I'm sure angie got money in the divorce and George paid maintenance for Calum.

But would you want someone using your name for their own gain and being know as your ex for ever and a day and if that person then does something bad you are brought up because of the link between names.

I don't see what George paying for his son has to do with the name?

Look I'm only just repeating myself now tbh why should she have to change her name and have a different name to the son she's raising?

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9196109)
I don't see what George paying for his son has to do with the name?

Look I'm only just repeating myself now tbh why should she have to change her name and have a different name to the son she's raising?

Because she is only on bigbrother for being an ex wife and having a son who is on tv for having a famous father.
Don't get all bent out of shape you don't have to reply and I'm not having a melt down.

Niamh. 01-02-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196112)
Because she is only on bigbrother for being an ex wife and having a son who is on tv for having a famous father.
Don't get all bent out of shape you don't have to reply and I'm not having a melt down.

I'm not "bent out of shape" it's just that the answer to every question you asked me was always the same :laugh: I'll leave it there then

Withano 01-02-2017 01:45 PM

Less of an issue than you think it is. Not uncommon at all.

thesheriff443 01-02-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9196122)
I'm not "bent out of shape" it's just that the answer to every question you asked me was always the same :laugh: I'll leave it there then

Sorry my lovely:blush:

sampvt 01-02-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196105)
You can't see the woods for the trees,

Where is my chainsaw when I need it.

Liam- 01-02-2017 01:53 PM

My mother has been divorced from her first husband for over 20 years, but she still has his last name because their children have his surname, it's not an uncommon thing to happen.

rusticgal 01-02-2017 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9196112)

But you can say that about many people that go on these shows..:shrug: