ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=703)
-   -   peoples problem with jedward (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316333)

parmnion 03-02-2017 12:56 PM

peoples problem with jedward

i don't get it.

they have been a joy to behold, the only hm not to isolate kim shows maturity in my opinion. also they have shown great maturity in their opinions and views on the other hm. the perception that they show is undoubtedly the best in the house and they have me nodding away at the telly when they share them with us.

I think peoples problem with them lies in the fact that they don't see them as 25 yr olds, the reason for this i believe not to be their maturity levels but the fact that they don't look 25.

take the bathing and gstring episode where they were having a laugh, i read a few derogotary comments on here about how it looked..i doubt anything would have been said if it were a more muscular 25yr old doing the same thing.

i may be wrong though, but i don't think i am.

Niamh. 03-02-2017 01:00 PM

Whatever the reason I don't get the pure vitriol they invoke from some people, I mean dislike them or don't find them funny whatever but seriously, they're pretty harmless :laugh:

Jamie89 03-02-2017 01:02 PM

I'm not sure, obviously people have different tastes in HM's but I don't think they've done anything so bad to get quite the level of hate they sometimes get. I think they're a lot of fun and they're good people, and everyone's different and looks different but overall they have a lot of maturity (as well as a lot of immaturity... people can be both), but I don't see why their immature side is such a problem either.

parmnion 03-02-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9200682)
Whatever the reason I don't get the pure vitriol they invoke from some people, I mean dislike them or don't find them funny whatever but seriously, they're pretty harmless :laugh:

i have seen some really awful comments this season regarding jedward. Stuff that insinuates incest and abuse..disgusting in my opinion..something an internet troll would post on their twitter. it surprises me how other members can support and stick up for other members who post such vile and nasy stuff..but thats the internet i suppose.

Denver 03-02-2017 01:08 PM

Jealousy

hot2go 03-02-2017 01:08 PM

A lot of it is people who started out with either a dislike or an indifference to Jedward but unlike the rest of us they cant admit they were wrong....or accept that the guys are more endearing these days then they are annoying.

Toy Soldier 03-02-2017 01:10 PM

It seems like a small number of people with a LOT to say to be honest, which is making it seem like there's more hate for them than there actually is.

Niamh. 03-02-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9200691)
i have seen some really awful comments this season regarding jedward. Stuff that insinuates incest and abuse..disgusting in my opinion..something an internet troll would post on their twitter. it surprises me how other members can support and stick up for other members who post such vile and nasy stuff..but thats the internet i suppose.

Any over the top comments like that about any HM will be removed. So people should report them

Jimrod 03-02-2017 01:16 PM

They're hated because they're Jedward, it's ingrained in people's consciousness since X-Factor... That said, despite their "antics" being childish I've found them to be witty, sharp and probably the most mature of the housemates outside James C. It feels ridiculous to say that but they handle almost every situation with composure and a smile, never swear to get their point across and don't seem to hold grudges. I never liked them before CBB, I do now.

chuff me dizzy 03-02-2017 01:32 PM

my problem is ....they are on my tv and have ruined CBB for me ,and thats a massive problem

jaxie 03-02-2017 01:35 PM

I agree OP I don't understand the dislike or derision. They haven't done anything wrong.

With regard the bathing, Jamie and Calum bathed together, I didn't find that much to look at either. I don't like all the tattoos, makes them look dirty.

Tom4784 03-02-2017 01:39 PM

They've been pretty great, a massive improvement over their last appearance.

I don't understand how anyone could hate them tbh, they are harmless.

chuff me dizzy 03-02-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimrod (Post 9200713)
They're hated because they're Jedward, it's ingrained in people's consciousness since X-Factor... That said, despite their "antics" being childish I've found them to be witty, sharp and probably the most mature of the housemates outside James C. It feels ridiculous to say that but they handle almost every situation with composure and a smile, never swear to get their point across and don't seem to hold grudges. I never liked them before CBB, I do now.

I never watch X factor

Jimrod 03-02-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9200745)
I never watch X factor

But you prefer the other housemates? James C is riveting. As is Coleen. Nicola is a ****ing ****ity ****wit slag hole. I've forgotten Bianca is in there now they've got rid of the showmance.

sampvt 03-02-2017 01:52 PM

In order to assess this problem we must first question whether or not if all the antics they get up to are naturally forming or are the choreographed. I think if it was the former they would be detained at her majesties pleasure in some mental health facility, so have to agree that the later is the case.

So if all they do is choreographed, this can be seen as some as staged, ergo fake. So if they are acting out fake scenarios, we must then ask ourselves why. Is it for fun or self promotion. Seeing as how they have so much money spent on props in the form of clothes that aid and assist these fake actions, we must therefore conclude that they are not doing it ofr fun but self preservation and or forward slash promotion.

So what we have now are 2 men that falsely act the goat and use props and pre scripted actions to promote the brand they represent. This in itself buys into a very strong game playing scenario and we all know how much some people hate game players dont we. Its one thing to have fun, piss people off, act like a tosser and basically be a dick for effect, but to drive people nuts with inane baby talk and american accents for effect is one bridge too far.

''Are you all right Edward, yes I am John, shall we dance in the mirror and sing some really cool songs, yes Edward that will be cool, can we also piss nicola off when we are doing it, thats a swell idea bro, lets do it.. and so the deadwood act goes on. Basically they are man children with enormous egos and the worst comic act going.

rusticgal 03-02-2017 01:53 PM

They are harmless....they really just need to grow up. I like to see people interact...Jedward only interact with themselves overdosing us with the Jedward brand and talking about the Jedward fans like two 12 year old boys 'playing' at being pop stars.
...they even walk like 12 year olds.

I have just found them extremely irritating.

sampvt 03-02-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 9200759)
They are harmless....they really just need to grow up. I like to see people interact...Jedward only interact with themselves overdosing us with the Jedward brand and talking about the Jedward fans like two 12 year old boys 'playing' at being pop stars.

Irritating is one way of putting it, thats like saying loosing your leg in a land mine blast was mildly inconvenient. They are way past irritating, they are in need of help

jaxie 03-02-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9200756)
In order to assess this problem we must first question whether or not if all the antics they get up to are naturally forming or are the choreographed. I think if it was the former they would be detained at her majesties pleasure in some mental health facility, so have to agree that the later is the case.

So if all they do is choreographed, this can be seen as some as staged, ergo fake. So if they are acting out fake scenarios, we must then ask ourselves why. Is it for fun or self promotion. Seeing as how they have so much money spent on props in the form of clothes that aid and assist these fake actions, we must therefore conclude that they are not doing it ofr fun but self preservation and or forward slash promotion.

So what we have now are 2 men that falsely act the goat and use props and pre scripted actions to promote the brand they represent. This in itself buys into a very strong game playing scenario and we all know how much some people hate game players dont we. Its one thing to have fun, piss people off, act like a tosser and basically be a dick for effect, but to drive people nuts with inane baby talk and american accents for effect is one bridge too far.

''Are you all right Edward, yes I am John, shall we dance in the mirror and sing some really cool songs, yes Edward that will be cool, can we also piss nicola off when we are doing it, thats a swell idea bro, lets do it.. and so the deadwood act goes on. Basically they are man children with enormous egos and the worst comic act going.

And here we go with one of the posts we are talking about. First two lines they must be mentally deranged. :nono:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 03-02-2017 02:01 PM

bitterness

chuff me dizzy 03-02-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9200756)

Wow ,the post of the series and sums them up to a T

sampvt 03-02-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 9200764)
And here we go with one of the posts we are talking about. First two lines they must be mentally deranged. :nono:

so you think their actions are normal for 25 year olds, well maybe we need a rethink then.

Niamh. 03-02-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 9200759)

This, imo, is a perfectly acceptable and normal reaction to not liking them, i fully get your reasons. I think you either find them funny and endearing or you don't :love:

rusticgal 03-02-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9200762)
Irritating is one way of putting it, thats like saying loosing your leg in a land mine blast was mildly inconvenient. They are way past irritating, they are in need of help

:joker:...

The thing is their immaturity just isn't 'normal' IMO...their behaviour isn't 'normal'. There is no definition of normal but if my 25 year old son started making space suits out of cardboard boxes and used shaving foam to write all over my bathroom mirrors..I would feel the need to speak to a psychiatrist about it...
However in their defence...they don't swear and they do make good points about people in the diary room...

rusticgal 03-02-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9200776)
This, imo, is a perfectly acceptable and normal reaction to not liking them, i fully get your reasons. I think you either find them funny and endearing or you don't :love:

They are marmite Niamh...

Niamh. 03-02-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 9200781)
They are marmite Niamh...

definitely :laugh: