ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Riverdale (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316522)

Slevin 16-06-2017 11:59 AM

i cant believe i watched it when it first aired & finished it. i didnt think i would get into it. that Veronica is one piece of ace.

Denver 20-09-2017 09:18 PM

Series 2 starts Oct 11

Firewire 20-09-2017 09:19 PM

And there's a Sabrina spin-off in the works

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=329324

Denver 05-10-2017 02:49 PM

Mess at them nearly doubling the series length

BigSister 13-10-2017 11:34 AM

Yeah I don't know if I like that or not preferred it being 13 episodes but we shall see
Strong opening episode though

Tom4784 13-10-2017 02:29 PM

A good start, living for Cheryl tbh.

LukeB 13-10-2017 02:30 PM

Just started this and Veronica >>

Tom4784 13-10-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9656325)
Just started this and Veronica >>

But she's basic though?

LukeB 13-10-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9656326)
But she's basic though?

I said Veronica not Betty

Tom4784 13-10-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9656327)
I said Veronica not Betty

Veronica's even more basic tbh.

Tom4784 04-11-2017 09:20 PM

That youtube video :skull:

I've never seen a TV show take such a nosedive in the space of one scene, the newest episode was cringeworthy trash because of it.

LukeB 16-12-2017 04:49 PM

Finally caught up

Spoiler:

I'm underwhelmed by the black hood reveal but i'm not convinced it was actually him so i'm hoping there's a twist to it because that is a poor choice.

Tom4784 16-12-2017 05:32 PM

I'll take the underwhelming reveal if it means this plotline is over, Season 2 has been woeful thus far because the Black Hood storyline was just too ridiculous.

armand.kay 16-12-2017 05:53 PM

No idea why I'm still watching this because it is pretty rubbish lol. Season 1 was ok and season 2 is just so bad. its just so lame and has no edge it at all. The serpents and all the other gangs aren't threatening at all, the fake drunk called jingle jangle and the way all the teens acted so repentful after being told off for taking drugs (why did they tell on themselves anyway...).. It all just felt like a 1980s psa.

waterhog 16-12-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9184623)

I watched the first episode, it's terrible but it's prime guilty pleasure material. New episodes get uploaded every Friday.

I thought it was a emmerdale spin off :conf: did not watch so no poem on reverdale.

Vanessa 16-12-2017 09:15 PM

I quite like it.

RileyH 16-12-2017 09:15 PM

I'm only a few episodes into S2 but I really like it

reece(: 16-12-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 9741983)
I quite like it.

You fancy legend KJ?

Vanessa 16-12-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 9741986)
You fancy legend KJ?

He's gorgeous.

Natalie. 17-12-2017 08:27 AM

Really enjoying S2 so far

Amy Jade 17-12-2017 08:38 AM

I am loving S2 also.

The female characters are by far the best, Betty, Ronnie and Cheryl are all amazing. Jughead is the weakest link.

Ant. 17-12-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Deagle (Post 9742271)
I am loving S2 also.

The female characters are by far the best, Betty, Ronnie and Cheryl are all amazing. Jughead is the weakest link.

:clap1:

As much as I hate Alice, I've been loving her in Season 2. The more I see of Hermione the more I love her :flutter:

It feels like I'm meant to like Jughead but I just... couldn't care about him

Tom4784 17-12-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Deagle (Post 9742271)
I am loving S2 also.

Betty and Veronica are basic though? I love Cheryl though.

Tom4784 17-12-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sAnt.a Clause (Post 9742459)
:clap1:

As much as I hate Alice, I've been loving her in Season 2. The more I see of Hermione the more I love her :flutter:

It feels like I'm meant to like Jughead but I just... couldn't care about him

I love Alice but Hermione's been **** this season, they've completely rewritten her character for no reason.

Amy Jade 17-12-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9742468)
I love Alice but Hermione's been **** this season, they've completely rewritten her character for no reason.

Hermionie feels like a different character this season but I put that down to her husband being back.

Betty nor Ronnie are basic :fist:

LukeB 17-12-2017 07:01 PM

I'm also enjoying season 2

Veronica, Cheryl and Josie :love:

Tom4784 17-12-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Deagle (Post 9742573)
Hermionie feels like a different character this season but I put that down to her husband being back.

Betty nor Ronnie are basic :fist:

Yeah, that's the reason for Hermione's personality change but it's badly handled. There's nothing left of the character she was in Season 1, that's just bad writing.

They are basic though, Betty doesn't have a personality outside of the forced edginess and they try too hard with Veronica to make her referential and ****. Both are okay but neither of them are great characters.

RileyH 17-12-2017 07:11 PM

Hermione is probably my favourite tbh

Ant. 17-12-2017 07:55 PM

I think we can all agree that Nana Rose is the best female of Riverdale :cheer:
Spoiler:

talking of Nana Rose, where was she for like,,, 9 episodes, I swear I just went on to believe she burnt in the house fire becasue she was nowhere to be seen

oh and also about last episode:
Spoiler:

Why are there mysteries around the Blossom fire?? I know Cheryl burnt the house down and her mum got SEVERELY burnt running in to get a painting (HOW did she recover so quickly and with no visible scars?? I'm no burns expert but surely she would suffer some disfigurements??)
anyway, Cheryl asks "where's Jason's stocking? :) " as if yknow, they should have it. But surely all the Christmas stuff in the house/wherever it was would've been destroyed in the fire? Did Cheryl just take out all the Christmas decorations out of the attic before deciding to burn the house down? Or did she just find all of Jason's belongings and keep them before burning the house down?? IM SO CONFUSED

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9742468)

She's different, yet I still enjoy her, despite the inconsistencies. I think her dynamic with Hiram this season has completely shrouded my judgement :worry:

andybigbro 08-01-2018 01:01 AM

Love Riverdale

I think Betty and Veronica are great characters. Not really a fan of the serpent stuff. Really like Cheryl too.

Ant. 08-03-2018 06:44 PM

about last night's ep:

Spoiler:

Kinda shook that CherylXToni/Choni is very likely to be a thing. People theorised it and I always thought it'd be a nice pairing and tbh? I'm absolutely here for it. Even if Cheryl doesn't date Toni (although I'd love if they did) I like that they've got the potential to be good friends and Toni's going to be able to help Cheryl with her sexuality, given how she was essentially forced back into the closet and shamed by her mum.

Although I can't say I'm all that interested in KevinXMoose(XMidge?). I definitely think a polyamourous relationship would be a nice inclusion but I think they're just hinting that Moose isn't interested in her and is using her as a coverup (most of the time I'm wrong though so let's see :laugh:) and the result of this 'storyline' will be Kevin and Moose hooking up. And if they give them more scenes and chemistry I'm here for it but I just don't feel like I have reason to care for them together at the minute!

LukeB 12-04-2018 08:53 PM

I’m liking Riverdale this series.

Chic is hot
Archie is awful, being a dick towards his father.

Tom4784 12-04-2018 09:15 PM

Everything feels a bit too ridiculous this season when the first season did a better job of toeing the sublime line. The first season was great but this season is all over the place.

DouglasS 12-04-2018 09:24 PM

I can’t deal with veronica, what a terrible character. Show would be much better if she was written off. Betty is far more interesting and better acted and suits being the Lead female (which she basically is now).

Veronica has ruined Archie also with this ongoing Lodges SL (which has ruined Hermione who has had a personality transplant). Kill off all the lodges they’re awful and dull.

Loving Betty’s family though, they’re well written, her mother is both rootable and tragic. Chic is a good addition as he’s properly messed up and a mini villain.

Cheryl is great on this show also, she needs to be used more

Archie also has way more chemistry with Betty than Veronica. Jughead needs to be less obsessed with the serpents also

LukeB 12-04-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9956732)
Everything feels a bit too ridiculous this season when the first season did a better job of toeing the sublime line. The first season was great but this season is all over the place.

Season 1 is still better and the black hood thing was meh but i felt it got better despite the whole Hiram stuff (Hermione is still queen :love:) i feel a who killed Hiram is coming up for some reason.

Tom4784 12-04-2018 09:59 PM

Betty and Veronica are both basic as **** tbh.

This whole gangster storyline is quite painful though but then so is Betty's storyline. The whole 'Dark Betty' thing is poorly realised and the storyline with Chic is just awful.

LukeB 12-04-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9956800)
Betty and Veronica are both basic as **** tbh.

This whole gangster storyline is quite painful though but then so is Betty's storyline. The whole 'Dark Betty' thing is poorly realised and the storyline with Chic is just awful.

Dark Betty is so cringe, she can’t pull the darkness off, i don’t know why they trying to make her dark.

DouglasS 12-04-2018 10:09 PM

The lodges Storyline is by far the worst, I don't know anybody enjoying it or the Lodge's this season. Even Veronica has had a mini personality transplant [not even going to bother mentioning Hermoine because lol]

The best characters are probably the ones with small roles; Cheryl, Kevin, Alice, Toni

Ant. 15-04-2018 12:29 PM

Dark Betty just reminds me of Taylor Swift and I can't put my finger on why :shrug:

Tom4784 15-04-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 9956815)
The lodges Storyline is by far the worst, I don't know anybody enjoying it or the Lodge's this season. Even Veronica has had a mini personality transplant [not even going to bother mentioning Hermoine because lol]

The best characters are probably the ones with small roles; Cheryl, Kevin, Alice, Toni

It's the gangster angle that ruins it and it's completely out of the blue. They established that Hiram was a dangerous businessman in Season 1 but the gangster stuff has just been dreamed up on the spot and it doesn't work.

Hermione's characterisation is painful, Veronica's is better but then again they've made her too accepting of Hiram too quickly when she was beyond forgiveness for him in Season 1 after learning the extent of the damage he caused.

Archie is terrible too, his character this season has been excruciating to watch, I still cringe when I think about the whole storyline of his vigilante group and their shirtless youtube videos.