ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Riverdale (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316522)

LukeB 15-04-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 9959794)
Dark Betty just reminds me of Taylor Swift and I can't put my finger on why :shrug:

Perched for Dark Betty’s version of look at what you made me do when she does something really dark

Anyhoo
I’m perched for this Carrie episode even though it’s a musical version.

Ant. 16-04-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9959839)
Perched for Dark Betty’s version of look at what you made me do when she does something really dark

Anyhoo
I’m perched for this Carrie episode even though it’s a musical version.

:laugh2:

Same though. As if we don't have enough cringey songs in Riverdale though :oh:

Ant. 21-04-2018 12:27 PM

spoilers for the most recent episode:

Spoiler:

ok so the singing voices were clearly edited/not even the actor's singing(?0 and I don't think they even tried to change that and usually I wouldn't mind if the voices were good but they.... just weren't (I remember liking Alice's tho). I'm guessing they did it to mock the musical genre's excessive editing (since Veronica, Archie, and Betty have both proven to have good singing voices in the past). It's such a shame the songs were forgettable, usually after a musical episode of a TV showI find myself guiltily listening to one or two of the songs on repeat for a few days but I genuinely cannot remember any of the songs from the last episode </3

I appreciate they tried to tie up some loose ends, although I guess they had to since the Black Hood is returning and the story's gonna shift again? I don't think there's a single viewer who thought the B.H. was really caught, which made the ending... not predictable in a sense (at least for me, although in hindsight it made sense for Midge to be the one to be killed given the whole 'recast Carrie!!' **** going on throughout) but rather, 'well obviously he's still alive'. The reveal just didn't feel very rewarding, and now we get to see the core four theorise over whether or not the Black Hood is dead or alive for half of this story-arc before concluding he is alive, before the SHOCKING climax in the final episode of season 2!

Sarcasm and bitterness aside, it was a... nice episode. And I'm glad Cheryl's getting back to the stone cold bitch with vulnerability we saw in season 1 (that's not to say I didn't enjoy her more prevalent vulnerable side - she's a teenager who lost her twin, father, almost her life, was sent to a conversion camp and has an abusive mother, seeing how she copes with that is interesting and made me love Cheryl even more, but it just felt like the right time for her to take action). Also Archie's music aspirations were brought up again, so it's nice the writer's realised he used to be a real teenager with career ambitions. Felt more human than him being Hiram's bitch and having some weird conflict with his dad

Tom4784 21-04-2018 01:03 PM

It was a bizarre episode but a fun one, the songs were a bit meh but I can't blame the writers for that since they took them from the actual Carrie musical (Yes, it was a thing).

Spoiler:

I'm hoping the return of the Black Hood puts things back on track, the gangster stuff is terrible.

LukeB 22-04-2018 03:27 PM

i suspect the black hood will kill one of the parents on the final episode and i’m betting it’s either Hiram or Hermione. I hope it’s Hiram! Hermione and Veronica are better without him

RileyH 22-04-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 9967313)
i suspect the black hood will kill one of the parents on the final episode and i’m betting it’s either Hiram or Hermione. I hope it’s Hiram! Hermione and Veronica are better without him

but he's hot

LukeB 22-04-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyH (Post 9967449)
but he's hot

Yes but awful character and his presence doesn’t help his family

Tom4784 23-04-2018 03:44 PM

Hiram will probably die and who killed him will be the mystery of the next season, I think.

LukeB 23-04-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9968617)
Hiram will probably die and who killed him will be the mystery of the next season, I think.

i said this on the other page:smug:

I think the B.H will kill him but it will be a who is B.H(again)?

I want it to be Ethal :flutter:

Amy Jade 10-05-2018 10:11 AM

So 80's :flutter:

LukeB 10-05-2018 02:36 PM

Spoiler:

did they really kill off jughead?

Ramsay 10-05-2018 06:59 PM

Not a chance

Tom4784 10-05-2018 07:34 PM

That was the most ridiculous hour of television I've ever watched, I quite enjoyed it.

Spoiler:

Cheryl being extra in changing her clothes mid chase with the Black Hood so she could make an impressive entrance with a cape and bow made me howl, it pretty much made me forgive the bad writing that turned her into Katniss Everdeen in the space of a second. She's never been shown an interest in hunting or tracking yet here she is tracking a serial killer in a forest while having an impecable aim with a bow :laugh:

I cackled every time the Ghoulies (I'm sorry, that name is ridiculous) appeared with their ridiculous costumes and make up, I was in tears at the point with the random mobster who appeared in one scene and died almost instantly because he decided to slowly walk at Hermione despite the fact she had a gun trained on him.

Hal being the Black Hood was signposted a bit too much, I'm hoping the reveal of who the other Hood is, is a bit more shocking. I'm guessing it's going to be someone predictable like Chic or Betty's real brother or Cheryl's uncle.

Ant. 10-05-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9987536)

I LOVE IT!!!

Spoiler:

so Hal admitted to shooting Fred. While Hal was at home, a black hooded man with the same green eyes as the man who shot Fred in the diner attacked Archie and Fred. Which suggests he's the original Black Hood.

Is the theory that Hal has a twin brother likely? Is his dad alive and somehoe fit enough to attack 2 younger men? And how will Kevin's DDLB fetish cope?

Nicky91 13-10-2018 07:44 AM

Spoiler:

season 3 episode 1 short recap, overall i enjoyed the first episode of this new season, Serpents having saved Hot Dog from the Ghoulies, and the trial of course for Archie if he is found guilty or not, well there was a split decision between the jury so Archie wasn't found guilty yet, but he accepted a plea deal for 2 years in Juvenile detention, and the ep also introduced to our newest villain, Gargoyle King

Nicky91 19-10-2018 07:53 AM

season 3 episode 2
Spoiler:

so basically we get a start of Archie's life in prison, the warden and the guards are all being paid by Hiram Lodge so they make things real worse for Archie in there, and the Gargoyle King case, Dilton confirmed first death of the season, Ben was at first in coma but later committed suicide while in a sort of weird trance, and Ethel had a seizure

and it now seems that the parents did something when they were young, and now the kids are being punished for that with the gargoyle king, who could be a suspect for this character, possibly a tall guy

Tom4784 19-10-2018 12:12 PM

It's so utterly ridiculous that I'm struggling with it this season.

Nicky91 19-10-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10296587)
It's so utterly ridiculous that I'm struggling with it this season.

:eyes: you're definitely the opposite of me with this show then, i find it very easy to watch, and i love a bit of investigating yourself
Spoiler:

trying to find out who the gargoyle king is

Nicky91 24-10-2018 11:18 AM

Spoiler:

some episode titles for season 3

ep3: as above, so below
ep4: the midnight club
ep5: the great escape
ep6: Manhunter
ep7: The Man in Black
ep8: Outbreak
ep9: No Exit

Nicky91 26-10-2018 07:43 AM

episode 3
Spoiler:

Veronica opening her nightclub, with Hiram and his henchmen Sheriff Minetta and Penny Peabody trying to sabotage that unsuccessfully, Archie having to fight for his life and to make a show to a lot of people in the prison, Betty and Jughead investigating more and more into the Gargoyle King, they find out their parents know more about this

my theory: i see in this Edgar Evernever a possible suspect, cause for ''the farm'' he acts like a king, a sort of cult, and it is the same with the ones who play griffins and gargoyles, also a cult, i think as for motive the parents did something to this guy and now he pays them back by going after their children :think:

Nicky91 14-12-2018 09:34 AM

season 3 is very good so far, quite dark

but latest episode we saw the entrance of Gina Gershon as
Spoiler:

Gladys Jones, mother of Jughead and Jellybean, estranged wife of FP

https://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_...put-quality=90

Nicky91 14-12-2018 09:39 AM

the gargoyle king who it is

eliminated suspects

Spoiler:

Hiram Lodge, cause we saw the gargoyle king standing in his office with Hiram himself, so it can't be him

i am still thinking it might be Claudius Blossom, a blossom is a psycho anyway honestly, especially Clifford's twin brother hmmm and we know he is in league with Hiram Lodge :think: they did give us an hint, gargoyles/griffions is created by the most crazy kids who stayed at those sisters

Jarrod 14-12-2018 01:00 PM

The most frustrating thing is the break in episodes we have - next episode isn't until mid-Jan.

Nicky91 14-12-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 10383329)
The most frustrating thing is the break in episodes we have - next episode isn't until mid-Jan.

yeah correct, but Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow also are doing episodes again mid-Jan, so probably the holiday break now

Nicky91 16-01-2019 11:12 AM

Spoiler:

new episode titles confirmed

first we get episode 9 called No Exit

episode 10: The Stranger (hmm is this a reference to edgar evernever's introduction or hiram's mistress arrival to riverdale :think: )

episode 11: The Red Dahlia

episode 12: Bizarrodale

episode 13: Requiem for a welterweight

episode 14: Fire Walk with me

episode 15: Fifty Fifty

Nicky91 18-01-2019 09:12 AM

Spoiler:

episode 9, ok riverdale is now under Hiram's control

Archie in the woods, got a encounter with a bear, and began hallucinating about all the things he had done wrong, and did them right in this weird dream i was like WTF in reality he's more like comatose now

Veronica hiring the serpents as her security force against Hiram and his gargoyle gang

Betty wanted the sisters of quiet mercy to testify against Hiram, they weren't official nuns anymore so their silence wasn't valid Gargoyle King & Hiram bailed out the sisters and gave them a chance to ascend (suicide by cyanide poisoning) to prevent them from ever talking again to the police, Betty

overall a good episode, and i'm one step closer to finding out who the gargoyle king is one big clue what Alice said ''Edgar was just at her home'' so he knows the way around riverdale, but yet we never see him so far HMM :think:

DouglasS 11-03-2019 08:51 PM

Veronica is probably one of the worst characters in TV history. She's written so poorly. Well the entire lodge family is. Her mother has a personality transplant every season and could clearly just be different mistresses of Huron. Huron is a ridiculous villan that is not beliavable. Veronica would have so much power and shes literally let her boyfriend/friends be attacked by her dad and still acts all lovey-dovey with him. Shes completely ridiculous and needs to be killed off asap.

DouglasS 11-03-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 9956754)
I can’t deal with veronica, what a terrible character. Show would be much better if she was written off. Betty is far more interesting and better acted and suits being the Lead female (which she basically is now).

Veronica has ruined Archie also with this ongoing Lodges SL (which has ruined Hermione who has had a personality transplant). Kill off all the lodges they’re awful and dull.

Loving Betty’s family though, they’re well written, her mother is both rootable and tragic. Chic is a good addition as he’s properly messed up and a mini villain.

Cheryl is great on this show also, she needs to be used more

Archie also has way more chemistry with Betty than Veronica. Jughead needs to be less obsessed with the serpents also

Still the same as last year it seems. At least they've used Cheryl more this year, but they need to not constantly use Cheryl and Toni as an item. They're a rootable couple, but its constant.

Betty is still the best written character in this show and seems to be the only one to progress the plot along / stay true to her character.

Nicky91 14-03-2019 11:45 AM

last weeks ep was so emotional for me (Luke Perry's passing) and we saw his character Fred and i started crying a bit, goosebumps all over me :sad:

Nicky91 14-03-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasS (Post 10474794)
Veronica is probably one of the worst characters in TV history. She's written so poorly. Well the entire lodge family is. Her mother has a personality transplant every season and could clearly just be different mistresses of Huron. Huron is a ridiculous villan that is not beliavable. Veronica would have so much power and shes literally let her boyfriend/friends be attacked by her dad and still acts all lovey-dovey with him. Shes completely ridiculous and needs to be killed off asap.

Veronica isn't a bad character
Spoiler:

she has way more Chemistry now with Reggie, them running that nightclub at basement of pop's

Hiram first i saw him as villain
Spoiler:

now not anymore more like Veronica tries to steer him to be a more good guy, i see Gladys Jones more as a villain

Denver 09-05-2019 03:46 PM

Can we not at the Gargoyle King being
Spoiler:

Jason Blossom

Ant. 13-05-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10543245)
Can we not at the Gargoyle King being
Spoiler:

Jason Blossom

I honestly think

Spoiler:

it's a red (ha) herring? Sounds like something they said to keep us watching. Apparently the series finale is full of twists, maybe Jason not being the Gargoyle King is the twist

I love how normal this bull**** is to Jughead and Betty. They're just like "only one way to be sure it's Jason. dig him up :hugesmile:" rather than thinking "well he's dead so she's clearly bull****ting"

Denver 13-05-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10546628)
I honestly think

Spoiler:

it's a red (ha) herring? Sounds like something they said to keep us watching. Apparently the series finale is full of twists, maybe Jason not being the Gargoyle King is the twist

I love how normal this bull**** is to Jughead and Betty. They're just like "only one way to be sure it's Jason. dig him up :hugesmile:" rather than thinking "well he's dead so she's clearly bull****ting"

I was and maybe still am convinced it is
Spoiler:

Chic as his story ending Abruptly and I dont think a body was found?

Ant. 13-05-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10546632)
I was and maybe still am convinced it is
Spoiler:

Chic as his story ending Abruptly and I dont think a body was found?

Spoiler:

I'm not gonna lie, I've been thinking Chic. If I recall, the tattooist said a blond guy came in asking for a tattoo. Betty thought it'd be Evelyn's 'dad'/husband but it wasn't, I can't remember if they actually found out which guy it was who got the tattoo but the only other blond guy that comes to mind is Chic. Chic's barely been mentioned, was a pretty big character, yet had literally zero closure on his death. We're just supposed to believe that the Black Hood killed him, and if the Black Hood and the Gargoyle King are in kahoots with each other, it wouldn't be surprising if Hal/The Black Hood spared Chic if it meant Chic would undertake the role as Gargoyle King

Denver 16-05-2019 01:14 PM

So I was right the Gargoyle King being
Spoiler:

Chic

Denver 16-05-2019 01:46 PM

Spoiler:

I cant believe we didnt see Alice being undercover when it made the most sense

Also now we know what we always knew that Chic was fake

Denver 16-05-2019 01:47 PM

Spoiler:

its also Clear Jughead isnt dead but who is?

Ant. 16-05-2019 02:02 PM

so

Spoiler:

Not surprised by the Gargoyle King being Chic. The reveal was anticlimactic though. But I guess that happens when they make it obvious (unknown blond guy getting a tattoo, connection with Black Hood, etc)

Am I really supposed to believe Jason's dead corpse was believed to be real by Cheryl under hypnotherapy? I thought they'd say Chic was standing in for Cheryl's hallucinations when he was revealed to be taking the identity of Jason

So who WAS the original Gargoyle King? We know Penelope introduced the game but I also got the impression she wasn't the Gargoyle King originally, just helping them

The moment Betty said, "Do I know you?" to the detective, I knew he'd say he's Charles. What I wanna know is how he and Alice met. And how Betty's allowed to so publicly talk about her mum being an FBI detective.
It also just feels like a cliche fanfic with Betty and Jughead being recognised by the FBI as being good detectives. :laugh:

So is every season from now on just gonna end with Hiram getting someone arrested? I'm getting bored of him.

So are we EVER gonna find out how the Farm caused so many teenagers to have seizures? Why's this some big mystery? The answer's not gonna be interesting/worth nearly a year wait

Was Polly in on Alice being an FBI agent?

Why is the Farm storyline taking longer than twenty ****ing two episodes/an entire season?

What the **** is Cheryl doing with Jason's corpse?

Are we meant to think Jughead's dead at the end? Because I'm not believing it for a second

Glenn-C 17-05-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant. (Post 10550358)
so

Spoiler:

Not surprised by the Gargoyle King being Chic. The reveal was anticlimactic though. But I guess that happens when they make it obvious (unknown blond guy getting a tattoo, connection with Black Hood, etc)

Am I really supposed to believe Jason's dead corpse was believed to be real by Cheryl under hypnotherapy? I thought they'd say Chic was standing in for Cheryl's hallucinations when he was revealed to be taking the identity of Jason

So who WAS the original Gargoyle King? We know Penelope introduced the game but I also got the impression she wasn't the Gargoyle King originally, just helping them

The moment Betty said, "Do I know you?" to the detective, I knew he'd say he's Charles. What I wanna know is how he and Alice met. And how Betty's allowed to so publicly talk about her mum being an FBI detective.
It also just feels like a cliche fanfic with Betty and Jughead being recognised by the FBI as being good detectives. :laugh:

So is every season from now on just gonna end with Hiram getting someone arrested? I'm getting bored of him.

So are we EVER gonna find out how the Farm caused so many teenagers to have seizures? Why's this some big mystery? The answer's not gonna be interesting/worth nearly a year wait

Was Polly in on Alice being an FBI agent?

Why is the Farm storyline taking longer than twenty ****ing two episodes/an entire season?

What the **** is Cheryl doing with Jason's corpse?

Are we meant to think Jughead's dead at the end? Because I'm not believing it for a second

Spoiler:

The seizures happened because Hiram's drug lab poisoned the water supply or something I think it was barely mentioned about halfway through the season. The way Polly was standing in as the other Betty makes me think she's not working with Alice but she's working with Edgar for some reason.

Ant. 17-05-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn-C (Post 10551448)
Spoiler:

The seizures happened because Hiram's drug lab poisoned the water supply or something I think it was barely mentioned about halfway through the season. The way Polly was standing in as the other Betty makes me think she's not working with Alice but she's working with Edgar for some reason.

Spoiler:

Oh I remember that now. Am I correct in saying only the girls suffered them? Young girls at that? I thought it was gonna be something specific to why such a small demographic suffered them

Ysee Id say that but Alice was... Also Bad to Betty. She almost made her homeless, tried to take out her entire college fund, and so much more that it feels to ****ed up that she was sacrificing her own daughter's safety for the sake of her job. Something fishy is going on