ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have ‘agreed a deal’ (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316811)

Niamh. 14-02-2017 01:14 PM

Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have ‘agreed a deal’

to stage the fight of 2017, according to a report.

http://cdn-02.independent.ie/incomin...Mayweather.jpg

The Sun are reporting that the McGregor and Mayweather camps are set to meet up in Las Vegas in the coming days, with a deal for the duo to fight edging closer in recent days as possible dates have been finalised.
McGregor pulled out of a Q&A event with fans in Dublin scheduled for this Friday after organisers confirmed ‘an unavoidable schedule change will see Conor McGregor in Las Vegas at the time of the event’.

Now the latest report suggests McGregor will be filming an anti-bulling video in America this week as part of the deal that will give the green light to the Mayweather showdown.
The Nevada Sport Commission fined McGregor after he was deemed to have thrown a bottle in the direction of opponent Nate Diaz ahead of their UFC showdown showdown last year, with the Irishman’s gesture to take part in the film appearing to be part of a charm offensive to win backing from the Commission for the fight to take place.

The Sun are reporting that a source from the Straight Blast Gym has confirmed that an agreement is in place for the fight to take place.
“Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have agreed a deal to fight and have both settled on their respective fees,” stated their source.

“The contract hasn’t officially been signed yet because of a third party hold-up but all the details have all been agreed on. The fight could even be announced within two weeks.”
McGregor and Mayweather have been involved in several rounds of verbal sparring over recent months, with both clearly keen to hype up an event that could break box office records if it is confirmed.

While this would be McGregor’s first professional boxing match, interest in the event is already huge and the Dubliner appears to be getting into shape after he posted this video of his sparring session last week.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/...-35450042.html

LeatherTrumpet 14-02-2017 01:19 PM

that irish pugilist wont last 1 round

Niamh. 14-02-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9218111)
that irish pugilist wont last 1 round

Probably not but the amount of cash he's going to earn from it would be totally worth it. Course if it was MMA Conor would annihilate him in seconds :hee:

thesheriff443 14-02-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9218112)
Probably not but the amount of cash he's going to earn from it would be totally worth it. Course if it was MMA Conor would annihilate him in seconds :hee:

Very true Niamh.

Alf 13-06-2017 12:32 PM

August 26th in Las Vegas

LeatherTrumpet 13-06-2017 12:35 PM

:facepalm:

neem will be unbearable

Niamh. 13-06-2017 12:36 PM

:amazed:

King Gizzard 13-06-2017 12:48 PM

it's going to be embarrassing for him

And I know he has a lot of pride, I'm surprised he's sacrificing it for a big payout

King Gizzard 13-06-2017 12:49 PM

And Niamh it goes without saying he'd destroy Mayweather at MMA because they're two different sports and despite the fact they're both fighting they're very very different lol

Drew. 14-06-2017 09:43 PM

King Gizzard 14-06-2017 09:52 PM

Ffs

I said on twitter all I can see is Mayweather agreeing to make McGregor look good but then Ultimately beating him. A fake nasty feud in the weeks running up to it. This is so silly

Novo 14-06-2017 10:45 PM

Jobber match before the main event between Alvarez and GGG in September

Brother Leon 14-06-2017 11:30 PM

Always a pleasure to watch Money May box. I'll take it.

MTVN 14-06-2017 11:35 PM

Tragic

Will watch though

Slevin 15-06-2017 06:50 AM

i dont blame either cause of the money. i like McGregor but just cause im a fan doesnt mean im gonna be some rose tinted glasses fan and not call this what it is. a pathetic joke. of course i'll watch since im a huge boxing fan but doesnt mean i have to pay for it. this PPV should bomb but of course its not going to. this shouldnt even count as win #50 for a-hole May. it should be listed as an exhibition. cant wait for this to be over so McGregor will finally get his ass back in a cage with some potential for great fight where his ass belongs.

Locke. 15-06-2017 06:52 AM

Terrible

Black Dagger 15-06-2017 08:06 AM

Conor needs to just disappear. Bore.

Niamh. 15-06-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 9357408)
it's going to be embarrassing for him

And I know he has a lot of pride, I'm surprised he's sacrificing it for a big payout

he's not an idiot, he's going for the payout, it will be huge, I wouldn't be surprised if his plan is just to do this and never fight again in UFC either

Niamh. 15-06-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 9361686)
Conor needs to just disappear. Bore.

You need to disappear :hee:

Niamh. 15-06-2017 10:39 AM

Matt Ufford ✔ @mattufford
holding out hope that this is a Conor McGregor long con to crush Mayweather's jaw with a roundhouse kick as soon as the fight starts

Also to reiterate my point this is a tweet from Conor back in 2014 :

Conor McGregor‏Verified account
@TheNotoriousMMA
Follow
More
Get in. Get rich. Get out.

King Gizzard 15-06-2017 10:44 AM

This thread just looks like one big hate fest :joker: I don't even mind him/find him quite funny and I hate Mayweather but this is just silly

Niamh. 15-06-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 9361936)
This thread just looks like one big hate fest :joker: I don't even mind him/find him quite funny and I hate Mayweather but this is just silly

The build up will be hilarious :laugh: You can't blame Conor for taking this though, he has a kid now he wants to make some cash and not have to fight anymore i reckon which is the smart move as much as I'd miss him fighting

Niamh. 15-06-2017 04:24 PM

awww :fan:

Conor McGregor contractually forbidden from ‘going rogue’, throwing elbows or kicks at Floyd Mayweather

It appears that Floyd Mayweather insisted on pure boxing rules for his fight with Conor McGregor, and it will cost Conor a lot of money if he goes off script.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/UY8I...22492230.0.jpg

If Conor McGregor decides to throw a little MMA into his August 26th boxing match with Floyd Mayweather, it will hit him very hard in the wallet. At yesterday’s conference call announcing the bout, UFC president Dana White made it clear that his lightweight champion is contractually forbidden from throwing kicks and elbows, or “going rogue”, as it was stated:

“There is no way that will happen. That is absolutely in the contract, number one.”

“Number two, this is a boxing match under the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. When you talk about a guy like Floyd Mayweather, the lawsuit if that ever happened...”

“You all know how much Conor likes money. Conor would depart with a whole lot of money if that ever happened.”

Mayweather insisted on rules that stuck as pure to boxing as possible, which isn’t surprising. As reported earlier, the 12-round bout will take place at 154 pounds, and will be contested with 10-ounce gloves. It will have a boxing undercard that will be booked by Mayweather Promotions, and will air on Showtime pay-per-view.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/15...g-mma-ufc-news

Jian Yang 15-06-2017 07:12 PM

How will the PPV aspect of this work in the UK? Surly BT won't be showing it as part of their subscription platform? Do they even have the rights in any case?

Niamh. 15-06-2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jian Yang (Post 9362732)
How will the PPV aspect of this work in the UK? Surly BT won't be showing it as part of their subscription platform? Do they even have the rights in any case?

It would be like any other boxing I'd imagine, it'll probably be done through Eddie Hearn and sky box office.