ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   anyone else?...can't drive....won't drive (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317221)

ebandit 01-03-2017 08:46 PM

anyone else?...can't drive....won't drive

LOL i've become an aging hippy......................

i have never had interest in driving....and as the years passed more and more i never wish to

if i wish to go anywhere i walk..............any further i cycle

in the last 8 years i have only traveled in a motorised vehicle once and
that was a short distance in a hearse

next journey will probably by my own funeral.............................

anyone else not care for cars?

Mark L

Babayaro. 01-03-2017 09:32 PM

I'm the same. Cars and driving don't interest me one bit. Although i'm only 19, mind, so that might change in the future if I ever need to be able to drive.

Denver 01-03-2017 09:33 PM

Driving opens up so much possibilities including work

King Gizzard 01-03-2017 09:36 PM

Not a fan of the clutch and I think my dad would disown me if I tried an automatic so

King Gizzard 01-03-2017 09:36 PM

I have no interest in cars either

Kizzy 01-03-2017 09:53 PM

I didn't, until this year my son and I will be learning to drive together :)

Marsh. 01-03-2017 09:54 PM

I was always intimidated by the thought of driving and wasn't interested in cars in general.

I learnt to drive last year though and it's the best thing I've ever done. It might've made me a tad more lazy though. :worry:

RichardG 01-03-2017 09:54 PM

i can barely cross the road without getting run over, i won't be learning to drive any time soon.

MTVN 01-03-2017 10:08 PM

Be surprised if anyone's who's learnt to drive has regretted it/still not cared for it even with all the expense and hassle that it brings. Just offers so much freedom that you don't have otherwise. I probs appreciate it more living in a rural village where there's next to no public transport but even if you don't really need to drive its always good to have the opportunity there imo

Firewire 01-03-2017 10:23 PM

Always wanted to drive and started learning as soon as I was 17

Don't know where I'd be without my car

Marsh. 01-03-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 9234559)
Always wanted to drive and started learning as soon as I was 17

Don't know where I'd be without my car

Ok Shirley Temple.

Rob! 01-03-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 9234508)
I was always intimidated by the thought of driving and wasn't interested in cars in general.

I learnt to drive last year though and it's the best thing I've ever done. It might've made me a tad more lazy though. :worry:

I doubt it.

Marsh. 01-03-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 9234569)
I doubt it.

:oh:

Drew. 01-03-2017 10:38 PM

I passed my test years ago and sold my car before i even got to drive it and have never driven since i passed. I enjoyed driving but i'm too wreckless and my concentration is poor so i've never driven for my own good, everywhere i go someone else always seems to be driving so it's never bothered me either and saved me money.

LeatherTrumpet 01-03-2017 10:41 PM

Live rural and get back to me. You need to drive. If you have children it borders on neglect

Tom4784 01-03-2017 10:43 PM

I've never been behind the wheel of a car by choice. I have poor depth perception and awareness and I get dizzy spells quite often, I just don't believe it's safe for me to drive.

smudgie 01-03-2017 10:54 PM

Passed my test 25 years ago come July, haven't driven for over ten.
I have a wonderful Chauffeur.

ebandit 02-03-2017 08:21 AM

...........maybe? i'm spoilt living next to a city......there really is no need to drive

i'm proud of members aware that they might not make good drivers....this does not

stop others..................cars everywhere!

Mark L

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:27 AM

Can't imagine where I'd be without my car. My wife never learnt to drive and she says it's the biggest mistake of her life not learning. R.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9234595)
Live rural and get back to me. You need to drive. If you have children it borders on neglect

Here here. I can't count the number of lifts i've given to my daughters over the years! R.

y.winter 02-03-2017 09:09 AM

I'm not a car guy. You can ask me what car has just passed me and I'll just say its colour :joker:
I've been quite stressed out during my driving lessons (for no reason), so it was funny when I managed to pass the first test.
I work out of town and the public transport here is a nightmare so a car is the best option. Long traffic jams, but I prefer it to 1.5 hours on the bus. Plus, it's nice to have the possibility of driving to and when I want to (though it's mainly home-work-home).
And I don't know to ride a bike :hehe: It's one of the things I regret not putting an effort back when I was younger.

Niamh. 02-03-2017 09:12 AM

I have to drive where I live really, I didn't start till I was 24 though, I was living close to the city up till then

Niamh. 02-03-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9234595)

Yeah, I spend most of my evenings and weekends dropping the kids to sports/social stuff

jennyjuniper 02-03-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebandit (Post 9234445)
LOL i've become an aging hippy......................

i have never had interest in driving....and as the years passed more and more i never wish to

if i wish to go anywhere i walk..............any further i cycle

in the last 8 years i have only traveled in a motorised vehicle once and
that was a short distance in a hearse

next journey will probably by my own funeral.............................

anyone else not care for cars?

Mark L

I'm the same. In fact I'd quite happily go back to riding in a horse drawn cart, or just riding the horse.

Vicky. 02-03-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 9234520)
Be surprised if anyone's who's learnt to drive has regretted it/still not cared for it even with all the expense and hassle that it brings. Just offers so much freedom that you don't have otherwise. I probs appreciate it more living in a rural village where there's next to no public transport but even if you don't really need to drive its always good to have the opportunity there imo

My sister passed her test last year. She has still yet to use a motorway as she is too scared :facepalm: Plus my dad seemed to pay her insurance for the first year, once she was presented with the insurance bill a few months back for this year she all of a sudden doesn't want to drive anymore :laugh:

I would love to drive but I can't really afford to learn at the moment