ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chat and Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Thrown out of a bar last night (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317230)

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:13 AM

Thrown out of a bar last night

Hello forum

I don't rant on this forum often. I won't lie, I don't get angry often but last night something happened that really wound me up!

I popped into a bar on St Marys Street in Cardiff. The pubs were pretty busy with their celebrations of St Davids Day so my friends Alun and moroccan Johan thought we should try a bar instead. Why not!

We walked in and Alun got us in a round (this must have been about 5pm)... I had a pint of Fosters, as did Alun, whilst moroccan Johan got a gin and tonic. At the bar there were plates of welsh cakes. I thought it was a lovely touch on our patrons day so I picked one up and took a bite.

What happened next really badgered me. The bar lady stared at me in disbelief. She said "What do you think you're doing? You do realise you have to pay for those don't you. That'll be 50p if you don't mind."

Well as you can imagine, I was fuming! She looked at me like I was a petty thief. I've never stolen anything in my life, and if I were to start it wouldn't be baked goods! I told the lady "I thought they were free. You put them on cheap paper plates at the bar and people are going to assume they're complimentary!"

I'm not a confrontational person, Alun however... We got in a heated discussion as Alun stood his ground and told me I shouldn't have to pay. I was happy to hand over the 50p to move on from the whole situation but Alun said it was a matter of principle.

Alun only got us thrown out of the bar didn't he! He gets quite agressive does Alun, and gave a speech on how disgusting it was to pay for welsh cakes on our St David's day!

Anyway, poor Moroccan Johan had no idea what was going on. His english isn't the best. We headed to a wetherspoons straight after, where we reamined for the rest of the night. I had to tell you forum because never in my life have I been made to feel like a common thief. Ron doesn't believe in robbery!

A good night was had by all after that however. I've learnt my lesson now that's there no such thing as a free welsh cake! Hope you all had a good night.

Ron

Will. 02-03-2017 08:15 AM

Disgraceful treatment Ronald! I have a good mind to take my fat arse down to the bar and have a word with them.

Alun and moroccan Johan sound like great people.

Jordan. 02-03-2017 08:18 AM

Alun sounds like a thug, I think the bar staff did the right thing for their safety.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 9234767)
Alun sounds like a thug, I think the bar staff did the right thing for their safety.

Alun's harmless! He comes across as aggressive but wouldn't lay a finger on anyone. We're both a bit old to be getting into bar fights now anyway! R.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will. (Post 9234765)
Disgraceful treatment Ronald! I have a good mind to take my fat arse down to the bar and have a word with them.

Alun and moroccan Johan sound like great people.

Two of the nicest folk you can meet. Alun and I go way back.
Moroccan Johan moved in next door to us a few years back. Hardworking man who takes pride in maintaining his garden. His wife is lovely too - works at Tesco in culverhouse. Neither of them speak much english but they're always smiling. Very polite people. R.

Saph 02-03-2017 08:26 AM

once i stole a packet of coffee beans from behind the club bar lol

Will. 02-03-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald. (Post 9234771)
Two of the nicest folk you can meet. Alun and I go way back.
Moroccan Johan moved in next door to us a few years back. Hardworking man who takes pride in maintaining his garden. His wife is lovely too - works at Tesco in culverhouse. Neither of them speak much english but they're always smiling. Very polite people. R.

Sound like a lovely couple, do you get a discount from moroccan Johan when you shop at Tesco?

Will. 02-03-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saph (Post 9234772)
once i stole a packet of coffee beans from behind the club bar lol

:joker:

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will. (Post 9234774)
Sound like a lovely couple, do you get a discount from moroccan Johan when you shop at Tesco?

Unfortunately not. Our relationship isn't much more than neighbourly (talking over the fence etc). It's one of the first time moroccan Johan has joined me for a drink. I thought I'd invite him out to celebrate St Davids Day. He's integrated quite well into our country and culture, so I thought he might like to join Alun and I if he had no plans. R.

Kizzy 02-03-2017 08:39 AM

I doubt he'll be going out with you again seeing as you almost got him chinned.. :laugh:

Will. 02-03-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald. (Post 9234778)
Unfortunately not. Our relationship isn't much more than neighbourly (talking over the fence etc). It's one of the first time moroccan Johan has joined me for a drink. I thought I'd invite him out to celebrate St Davids Day. He's integrated quite well into our country and culture, so I thought he might like to join Alun and I if he had no plans. R.

Oh okay, he sounds like a really friendly man.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9234780)
I doubt he'll be going out with you again seeing as you almost got him chinned.. :laugh:

Ha ha welsh barmaids are quite feisty it's to be expected! He wasn't much of a drinker to be honest but he did enjoy one or two gin and tonics. Not a fan of them myself. Get me a beer or whiskey any day! R.

RichardG 02-03-2017 08:52 AM

what an eventful life you lead ronald

Withano 02-03-2017 09:27 AM

Morrocan Jonah for cbb

LeatherTrumpet 02-03-2017 10:10 AM

If they left the food on the bar with no signage then the fault lies with them. If they were laid open that is, if they were in a cloche then perhaps not?

thesheriff443 02-03-2017 12:19 PM

You should always ask before taking something no matter what it is,
Ron you took the cake so you should of paid.

thesheriff443 02-03-2017 12:21 PM

I would go back and give the bar maid the 50 pence and have a free concience.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9234916)
You should always ask before taking something no matter what it is,
Ron you took the cake so you should of paid.

Sheriff i must admit I did feel bad about it afterwards. I shouldn't have assumed but I didn't like the way the bar woman reacted . It was just a misunderstanding. R.

Kazanne 02-03-2017 12:48 PM

The cakes should have had a sign on with 50 pence each,no wonder you thought they were free,we often see peanuts in a dish in the bar,people help themselves as no sign to say you have to pay,I'de have told her to shove her cakes and took another couple for Morrocan Johan and Alun.

Ronald. 02-03-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9234952)
The cakes should have had a sign on with 50 pence each,no wonder you thought they were free,we often see peanuts in a dish in the bar,people help themselves as no sign to say you have to pay,I'de have told her to shove her cakes and took another couple for Morrocan Johan and Alun.

Ha ha kazanne that made me laugh :hee: R.

LeatherTrumpet 02-03-2017 12:54 PM

Ron can you also confirn that Moroccan Johan did not initially walk in and address the barmaid thus

"alright love, can you tell your BOOBS to stop staring at my eyes?"

:drool:

Ronald. 02-03-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9234961)
Ron can you also confirn that Moroccan Johan did not initially walk in and address the barmaid thus

"alright love, can you tell your BOOBS to stop staring at my eyes?"

:drool:

Ha ha i wouldn't put it past him it's all the quiet ones! R. :fist:

Kazanne 02-03-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald. (Post 9234956)
Ha ha kazanne that made me laugh :hee: R.

:laugh: Ron,we'll go out one night and sort these tight wads out,:hee:

Cherie 02-03-2017 01:16 PM

What does lovely Margaret have to do to get out on St David's day with her man :oh:

Niamh. 02-03-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9235016)
What does lovely Margaret have to do to get out on St David's day with her man :oh:

Indeed Cherie, indeed