ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Poxy Vegans :Bank of England backs palm oil to replace animal fat in plastic £20 note (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317968)

arista 31-03-2017 02:36 PM

Poxy Vegans :Bank of England backs palm oil to replace animal fat in plastic £20 note

From Ch5HD AM Live debate
was about how Vegans will destroy Orangutans
as those Extra tree's will take away those animal homes.
http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/caus...8532.large.jpg

Poxy
Vegans messing with our New Longer Lasting
money notes

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...astic-20-note/
new £20 is due 2020

Cherie 31-03-2017 03:31 PM

well that's just ridiculous, tallow is a byproduct from an animal who was raised for meat so would be killed whether the tallow was used or not

arista 31-03-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9268131)
well that's just ridiculous, tallow is a byproduct from an animal who was raised for meat so would be killed whether the tallow was used or not

Yes a Legit byproduct

Poxy Vegans claimed they could not touch it.

y.winter 31-03-2017 04:00 PM

Yes, arista, this "poxy" thing is doing yourself no favour.
Teach yourself how to express with respect.

The so-called "poxy" vegans (and other groups, but don't let it ruin your vegan-bashing party) asked to reconsider the tallow. That's what people asked. Do you see any specific "palm oil" in this request? no. Neither do I.
Read the article properly and learn that the palm oil was the bank's solution.
So who's to blame?

Populism.

Denver 31-03-2017 04:03 PM

Veganism would be illegal if i was in charge

Cherie 31-03-2017 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.winter (Post 9268153)
Yes, arista, this "poxy" thing is doing yourself no favour.
Teach yourself how to express with respect.

The so-called "poxy" vegans (and other groups, but don't let it ruin your vegan-bashing party) asked to reconsider the tallow. That's what people asked. Do you see any specific "palm oil" in this request? no. Neither do I.
Read the article properly and learn that the palm oil was the bank's solution.
So who's to blame?

Populism.

are you happy with this compromise Winter?

Kizzy 31-03-2017 04:10 PM

The compromise is sustainable palm oil...so where's the problem?

No part of an any animal is ever wasted don't be worrying about that, have you ever wondered how supermarkets can sell 50 'burgers' for £1...

y.winter 31-03-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9268159)
are you happy with this compromise Winter?

Not so much, but to a certain extent I prefer this solution over having a dead animal's fat in my wallet (direct and indirect consequences). They got it wrong first time, they got it somewhat wrong the second time. I thought they would do their homework and come with a better solution...
Veganism is not a cult of loonies, like the childishly understatement of arista's thread. I'm vegan, I care about animals, I care about the environment, and I'm doing the best as I can - that's all. The same goes with other vegans - they care about the things they care. Like any other citizen has their own issues they care about. Is it wrong to ask the government to reconsider the tallow? No. Like any other demand from the public, it should be considered, and this is where the petition came into action (which is legal enough). Why does it bothers arista so much? blind populist generalizing hate is easy.

Kizzy 31-03-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.winter (Post 9268195)
Not so much, but to a certain extent I prefer this solution over having a dead animal's fat in my wallet (direct and indirect consequences). They got it wrong first time, they got it wrong the second time. I thought they would do their homework and come with a better solution...
Veganism is not a cult of loonies, like the childishly understatement of arista's thread. I'm vegan, I care about animals, I care about the environment, and I'm doing the best as I can - that's all. The same goes with other vegans - they care about the things they care. Like any other citizen has their own issues they care about. Is it wrong to ask the government to reconsider the tallow? No. Like any other demand from the public, it should be considered, and this is where the petition came into action (which is legal enough). Why does it bothers arista so much? blind populist generalizing hate is easy.

I understand your concern and respect your efforts, doesn't take much to be be mocked does it? ' What?! you don't eat meat or consciously use/agree with the utilisation of animal byproducts?!!... You mad?!!!' :joker:

Northern Monkey 31-03-2017 07:37 PM

Vegans kicking Orangutans onto the streets?

:nono:

:laugh:

DemolitionRed 31-03-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9268028)

Poxy
money notes

new £20 is due 2020

This really wasn't about vegans destroying orangutans. If you read the entire article of the post you linked, you would understand this very clearly isn't the case.

I can't believe how disrespectful you're being to vegans.

DemolitionRed 31-03-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9268131)

Many vegans don't wear leather or any product produced by animals so why would a by-product of an animal killed for meat eaters and leather wearers be okay?

Jamie89 31-03-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.winter (Post 9268195)
Not so much, but to a certain extent I prefer this solution over having a dead animal's fat in my wallet (direct and indirect consequences). They got it wrong first time, they got it somewhat wrong the second time. I thought they would do their homework and come with a better solution...

Very good point, they had every right to express their views... freedom of speech and all that. It's not an issue that effects me personally but it's nice to know they were at least listened to, even if it's not the ideal solution. Insulting them over it is at best childish.

Kazanne 31-03-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9268028)

Poxy
money notes

new £20 is due 2020

Whichever way some animal is hurt because of it.

DemolitionRed 31-03-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9268462)
Whichever way some animal is hurt because of it.

No it isn't :facepalm:

Withano 31-03-2017 09:55 PM

Vegans werent in charge of this decision lol.

Toy Soldier 31-03-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9268429)

I can't believe how disrespectful you're being to vegans.

:think: you can't believe how disrespectful arista is being to vegans? Really? :umm2:...

Withano 31-03-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9268476)
No it isn't :facepalm:

Why? Palm oil is for sure destroying habitats. A 23 foot python from a palm oil plantation literally ate an adult male the other day because the pythons home and its normal diet that lives inside it was being destroyed..

Sure its just a trace either way, but animals are still the ones losing out.

(Blaming vegans for this in general is still stupid)

DemolitionRed 01-04-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9268628)
Why? Palm oil is for sure destroying habitats. A 23 foot python from a palm oil plantation literally ate an adult male the other day because the pythons home and its normal diet that lives inside it was being destroyed..

Sure its just a trace either way, but animals are still the ones losing out.

(Blaming vegans for this in general is still stupid)

Because its only being sourced from a one year crop of less than six hectares that has been traced and certified by the experts of sustainable forests.

ebandit 01-04-2017 08:32 AM

...even if i were vegan i would carry home all the fivers i could carry

..sure choose a meat free lifestyle but don't expect others to comply

Mark L

Cherie 01-04-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9268431)
Many vegans don't wear leather or any product produced by animals so why would a by-product of an animal killed for meat eaters and leather wearers be okay?

All this was covered in the previous thread on this topic

DemolitionRed 01-04-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9268910)
All this was covered in the previous thread on this topic

I didn't see a previous thread on this topic.

Cherie 01-04-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9268914)
I didn't see a previous thread on this topic.

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...ive+pound+note

4 pages of it :laugh:

Withano 01-04-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9268898)
Because its only being sourced from a one year crop of less than six hectares that has been traced and certified by the experts of sustainable forests.

And you think that 0 animals will be harmed by the removal of 60,000 squared metres of even the most sustainable forest?

Experts (not vegans @arista) replaced one bad decision with an arguably worser one.

Tozzie 01-04-2017 11:31 AM

make a ruddy £5 £10 £20 £50 coin. Someone is always offended in this note business. *sigh*